Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 03:27 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
This is the same DOTL that used to argue non stop with unis, right? The one who fought for her beliefs, tooth and nail? The one who never wavered?

Is this the same one?

Who has the Truth? Jesus Chriist does. He is the one who says not ALL will be saved. In fact He said FEW are saved, in that great and terrible DAY OF THE LORD.

I suppose even the elect can be deceived...........so we must be in the last days.
Yeah, same one. I still fight for my beliefs tooth and nail, just not as a stubborn, ignorant, arrogant ETer. I never believed in my heart that hell was eternal and it turns it's not!! Jesus DOES have the truth, and the truth is He died for ALL, not some. The Bible says this about Jesus:

1 John 2:2
2He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:14
14And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

The last days are here, and it has nothing to do with me learning the truth of UR. The deceit is in the belief of ET. My, how widespread it is. It's like a cancer....if you want to gauge the last days by the elect being deceived then they are here and have been here a while according to the amount of deceived ETers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 03:28 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Then are you a universalist (since you believe all sin will eventually be destroyed)?
No, it has nothing to do with universalism. Univeralists think all people will be saved, and that is not true, and has nothing to do with whether or not sin is destroyed.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:31 PM

[quote=meerkat2;14291654]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

Joe provided the link this time
Yeah, I fixed that!! Sorry Joe! I'm getting so excited I can't think straight!!

Old 05-22-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
If all sin is eventually destroyed, then this so called "eternal" hell will not contain sinners. You cannot be a sinner, if there is no sin.
You pay for the unbelief and sin you demonstrated during life. There is no sin in heaven, and I don't think you'd find the time to sin in hell either.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:56 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You pay for the unbelief and sin you demonstrated during life. There is no sin in heaven, and I don't think you'd find the time to sin in hell either.
What about time to curse god who created you and the place you are in?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Whatever Finn, I've moved on. It would serve you well to read the link that Joeallcomm provided.
Again, wanton disregard for the sctiptures is a telltale sign of a false religion, and you just demontrated it. Moderator cut: insulting

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-23-2010 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: that is just a bit too insulting

Old 05-22-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Never did Christ once say few will be saved.

Maybe you are already deceived?

Maybe Ilene has be awakened and she is preparing her lamp?
Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?"

He said to them, 24"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.'

"But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'

26"Then you will say, 'We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.'
27"But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!'

Moderator cut: personal and off topic

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-23-2010 at 12:48 PM..

Old 05-22-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I am learning a lot about Universalism on this board. Thanks! Good to gain knowledge.

Anyway my question is: if everyone will be eventually be saved then why accept Jesus as savior? It would seem that the Uni view negates the need for Christ.

If I just live a good and moral life and give lip service to God I'm good to go. That is what I am hearing. Is that more or less what is being said by the Uni folk?

This seems to be contrary to what I read in the Bible.
As you can see the universalists have pretty much taken over this discussion board.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
As you can see the universalists have pretty much taken over this discussion board.
As you can see, the OP was asking for responses FROM universalists.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:29 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23Someone asked him, "Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?"

He said to them, 24"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.'

"But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'

26"Then you will say, 'We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.'
27"But he will reply, 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!'

Moderator cut: edit
This is talking about those Jews that ate and drank with him ---- the Jews are not in the kingdom at this stage -- the kingdom is given to a nation who will bear the fruits --- This is about the national judgment against the Jews in 70AD

If we read on we see that after they are cast out of the kingdom people come from the east and west the gospel going to the gentiles

This lines up with Jesus saying this to the Jews (pharisees)

Mat 21:33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
Mat 21:34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
Mat 21:35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
Mat 21:36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
Mat 21:37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. {{{Jesus}}}
Mat 21:38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
Mat 21:39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
Mat 21:40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
Mat 21:41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons. happened in 70AD
Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. happened in 70AD

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-23-2010 at 12:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity