Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 06:04 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
True..

We are the clay.

The destruction of Jerusalem and the resurrection of the dead...specifically.....Israel, the remnant (Paul, Peter, etc) who was delivered from death.

Again...the resurrection of Israel....which is immediately after the Old Heaven and Earth......the old garment......passed away.
You admit that we are the clay. Do you also believe that the clay can choose to be a vessel of honor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 06:11 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
You admit that we are the clay. Do you also believe that the clay can choose to be a vessel of honor?
And a vessel of transgression. I believe free will of man, and God's divine ordinance work together. We aren't robots, like you propose. God wants worship...or did you miss that part, and circumcised worship can only be done if you are not a robot. Being a vessel of honor is when God chooses you for His purpose, and you are elected into His New Creation for His good work. Those that He considers not for His good work, are left ouside the city gates. The church is His clay, as Israel were His people, they were His clay. Heathen, were never His clay.

It is all about Him, His glory, praise and honor.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:13 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
And a vessel of transgression. I believe free will of man, and God's divine ordinance work together. We aren't robots, like you propose. God wants worship...or did you miss that part, and circumcised worship can only be done if you are not a robot. Being a vessel of honor is when God chooses you for His purpose, and you are elected into His New Creation for His good work. Those that He considers not for His good work, are left ouside the city gates.

Again, my question was "Do you also believe that the clay can choose to be a vessel of honor?"

I'm always weary of someone that can't answer a direct question with "yes" or "no". Is that the case here?

Old 05-22-2010, 06:27 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
Quote:
The church is His clay, as Israel were His people, they were His clay. Heathen, were never His clay.

Why did Jonah not want to go hang out in Nineveh (somewhere in modern day Iraq, I think)?? They were definitely heathen with their cult worship of Ishtar.

God wanted to show pity for the population who were ignorant of the difference between right and wrong ("who cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand.

Jonah thought they were too far gone; crazy, out of control kind of people. He couldn't figure out why God would even bother with them.

When Jonah got mad that the little shade tree God put around him to keep him cool in the middle of the desert died, God got mad at Jonah, and asked him if Jonah cared so much about that tree, how much more did God care about the people that He (God) made???!!

Old 05-22-2010, 07:40 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,572 times
Quote:
For those that believe in Hell, where it is that God is moving Sinners to? What is its location?
Beneath the earth, and is four "hollows", which can enlarge herself as needed, to receive more souls -which souls Sheol/Hell lusts to receive, and is never satisfied with receiving.

Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet [thee] at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, [even] all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.Pro 15:24 The way of life [is] above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.
Hab 2:5 Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, [he is] a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and [is] as death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations, and heapeth unto him all people:

Isa 5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

Enoch saw Sheol/Hell beneath the earth, and laid the foundational doctrine of Sheol below earth and the foundational doctrine of the Lake of Fire, which Enoch also saw "out" in "the outer darkness", which has no firmly founded earth beneath it nor heaven above it.
You can search the Book of 1 Enoch [The Book of Enoch] for the doctrines he laid down for all generations of Sheol below earth and the Lake of Fire "out", as the outer darkness.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Again, my question was "Do you also believe that the clay can choose to be a vessel of honor?"
I answered you.

Quote:
I'm always weary of someone that can't answer a direct question with "yes" or "no". Is that the case here?
Like I said...I answered you.

Quote:
Being a vessel of honor is when God chooses you for His purpose,
Does that help?
Maybe you should take better care in reading...instead of just arguing.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
You mean where SIN is the King of that domain, right?
What domain....Hell? No that's justice.

Quote:
You don't REALLY believe that Jesus can ERADICATE sin do you?
I am really interested as to how the Universalist can come to this conclusion.

Your answer.......Yes...He already did, for His new creation, which is the church, and that has been supplied to you in many verses.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:41 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Proverbs 15:24. KJV: The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.
Yet most of the various churches teach that one can never depart from hell once they have entered it, don't they? Thank you for posting this nugget of truth from Proverbs I think the scriptures also teach that Jesus descended into hell. I have some thoughts on what that means, but I don't think I'll take this thread off the topic at hand: 'Where Is Hell Located?'

Heartsong

Old 05-23-2010, 01:33 AM

723 posts, read 1,045,976 times
Quote:
For those that believe in Hell, where it is that God is moving Sinners to? What is its location?
Ohio!!! Or so I've heard!!

DALE

Old 05-23-2010, 03:31 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Proverbs 15:24. KJV: The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.
Great verse! Gotta' repeat it here:

The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath. KJV!

Jesus rebuked the centurion who had been "exalted to heaven." While he was still on earth!! So how can we not believe that being "thrust down to hell" is also not for this realm?????

Just a thought.

blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity