U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-22-2010, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,390,352 times
Reputation: 437

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
You'll know them by their fruits.

Indeed!! And what are those fruits?? LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS!!

What were the Crusades about, again?

I'm not sure Phazelwood's momentary frustration and use of "BS" is cause for you to judge him. I don't think he's out there burning people at the stake (are you, Phazelwood), which is definitely not a fruit of the Spirit, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-22-2010, 04:15 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,215,590 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
By preaching that mankind will have a second chance post mortem?
That is a negative effect on the gospel.



Not from what I have seen. You guys can't even agree on the foundation of your theology, AIONIOS.



The command of Christ is to be born again, in this life.



Again, more rhetoric. No proof of theology except for ET jargon.
LOL ... Agreeing and or disagreeing on certain issues is not tantamount to loving one another, though i can see you may think that it is. And i can see why you may not love very many people that do not always agree with you ...

Though you think UR has a negative effect on the Gospel ... That is not the same thing as having a negative effect on society which can been show or proven by actual events.

Eternal torment in Christianity = The dark ages(torture, murder, war, abolition of education, etc.) ...


Christ never commanded us to be born again in this life, he told us that we must be born again, but never stipulated when ... He Also commanded us to love our enemies.

And everything you wrote above was rhetoric also ...



God bless you Scitoamicks ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 05-22-2010 at 04:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Florida
581 posts, read 633,734 times
Reputation: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
More BS.

Let me tell ya, I speak from personal experience and do not need to hide behind the expectation for someone to go through a whole web link to refute it.


I was raised in a traditional Christian home and every beating I got was justified in the name of saving me from hell. My parents did not express love, they treated me like a bastard.

Oh I can hear you now. "oh no wonder you believe as you do" "oh it is sad, but they weren't true believers" "oh not every Christian treats their children like that"


Oh, perhaps not, that doesn;t change anything, if it weren;t for the lie of eternal hell I would have a great relationship with my parents, so ********* if you make excuses for my parents in name of your pathetic God.
I don't make any excuses for your parents, however all that happened to you taught you not to be like them.

God Bless,
Mercy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 05:00 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,215,590 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood
More BS.

Let me tell ya, I speak from personal experience and do not need to hide behind the expectation for someone to go through a whole web link to refute it.


I was raised in a traditional Christian home and every beating I got was justified in the name of saving me from hell. My parents did not express love, they treated me like a bastard.

Oh I can hear you now. "oh no wonder you believe as you do" "oh it is sad, but they weren't true believers" "oh not every Christian treats their children like that"


Oh, perhaps not, that doesn;t change anything, if it weren;t for the lie of eternal hell I would have a great relationship with my parents, so ********* if you make excuses for my parents in name of your pathetic God.
WOW! ...

I'm sorry for your suffering Phazel ...


God bless you brother ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 05:30 PM
 
78 posts, read 87,875 times
Reputation: 39
it has been said that america was/is a christian nation.

et doctrine is the predominant teaching in the majority of churches, yeah that is working out real good, the U S A has the highest per capita prison enrollment, prisons busting at the seams with the vast majority of the prisoners claiming christianity as their religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 05:41 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,725,440 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Hmmm...cursing on a Christianity forum...go figure..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
You'll know them by their fruits.
These comments definitely reveal who has the fruit of the Spirit. Notice the ones who reached out with compassion and the ones who were sarcastic and rude. Phazelwood was hurting when recalling a tough childhood, and all you can offer is condemnation for a little acronym? Phazelwood, I'm truly sorry that you had to endure that, and I pray for your peace and a healed relationship with your parents.

HereforNow, yes it was me who said I don't think Christians really believe down deep that hell is a literal lake of fire. The main reason I say that is because that's how I was. I had relatives who died over the years that I was supposedly believing that, and I just figured they were "probably" ok. That's how everyone is that I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 06:14 PM
 
Location: US
26,419 posts, read 14,022,560 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Indeed!! And what are those fruits?? LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS!!

What were the Crusades about, again?

I'm not sure Phazelwood's momentary frustration and use of "BS" is cause for you to judge him. I don't think he's out there burning people at the stake (are you, Phazelwood), which is definitely not a fruit of the Spirit, by the way.
Is commiting genocide a fruit of the Spirit?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 06:21 PM
 
Location: US
26,419 posts, read 14,022,560 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
LOL ... Agreeing and or disagreeing on certain issues is not tantamount to loving one another, though i can see you may think that it is. And i can see why you may not love very many people that do not always agree with you ...

Though you think UR has a negative effect on the Gospel ... That is not the same thing as having a negative effect on society which can been show or proven by actual events.

Eternal torment in Christianity = The dark ages(torture, murder, war, abolition of education, etc.) ...


Christ never commanded us to be born again in this life, he told us that we must be born again, but never stipulated when ... He Also commanded us to love our enemies.

And everything you wrote above was rhetoric also ...



God bless you Scitoamicks ...
I agree with you, Christ never commanded one to be born again...He merely stated that unless a man is born from above, he is unable to see the reign of God....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 06:33 PM
 
3,585 posts, read 462,947 times
Reputation: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Is commiting genocide a fruit of the Spirit?...
No ...... Who is committing genocide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2010, 06:43 PM
 
Location: Sierra Nevada Land, CA
7,961 posts, read 8,540,449 times
Reputation: 11735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
These comments definitely reveal who has the fruit of the Spirit. Notice the ones who reached out with compassion and the ones who were sarcastic and rude. Phazelwood was hurting when recalling a tough childhood, and all you can offer is condemnation for a little acronym? .
Umm, she actually used a personal curse towards Scitoamicks (having to do with incest or being violated, I susupect) that was filtered out and cursed "his" God. IMO some people are going off the deep end over UR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
More BS.


Oh, perhaps not, that doesn;t change anything, if it weren;t for the lie of eternal hell I would have a great relationship with my parents, so ********* if you make excuses for my parents in name of your pathetic God.

I am new to this concept and judging by its fruits it is of Satan. It is sowing hatred and strife. If it were of God, those espousing UR would not be cursing God or using profanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top