U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 08:07 PM

26,256 posts, read 13,920,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
This is slander. Obviously you have no idea who believes it or not so don't make blanket statements like this.
I am in agreement with you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
No He wasn't. Read the scriptures again.

And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.

Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father

The greatest joy of his resurrection was that it was a step towards his ascension.
See?...like i keep saying, nobody reads scripture...just others articles and books...and this is where they get it from...

Old 05-24-2010, 08:23 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
See?...like i keep saying, nobody reads scripture...just others articles and books...and this is where they get it from...

I believe the difficulty in recognizing Jesus was because of his GLORIFIED body. When they finally blinked a couple of times, they most DEFINITELY recognized Him!! Your glorified body will look a little different, to be sure!

On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord. (John 20:19-20, NIV)

"After his suffering, he showed himself to these men and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God. On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about." (Acts 1:3-4, NIV)

The sentence below is from the website I linked here, which I do not agree with on ALL things, but some.Will we be able to see and know our friends and family members in Heaven?. And there are PLENTY more evangelical Christian websites with the same information, if you care to go to those!

If Jesus was recognizable in His glorified body, we also will be recognizable in our glorified bodies.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I believe the difficulty in recognizing Jesus was because of his GLORIFIED body. When they finally blinked a couple of times, they most DEFINITELY recognized Him!! Your glorified body will look a little different, to be sure!

On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord. (John 20:19-20, NIV)

"After his suffering, he showed himself to these men and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God. On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about." (Acts 1:3-4, NIV)

The sentence below is from the website I linked here, which I do not agree with on ALL things, but some.Will we be able to see and know our friends and family members in Heaven?. And there are PLENTY more evangelical Christian websites with the same information, if you care to go to those!

If Jesus was recognizable in His glorified body, we also will be recognizable in our glorified bodies.
good scriptural proof...but, they did not recognize Him at first...but, that is just spliting hares ()...I believe that we will not recognize each other the way we do here...something tells me it will be totally different...but, that is just me...

Old 05-24-2010, 08:48 PM

3,576 posts, read 453,175 times
Quote:
Nobody?

Old 05-24-2010, 10:00 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,286,196 times
Quote:
Yes indeed. Are the cherries in full bloom, because there is alot of cherry picking going around?.....

Old 05-25-2010, 12:09 AM

1,897 posts, read 1,720,996 times
Quote:
Now, there you go...now the analogy makes sense...but, i think that wasn't your point originally or you would have explained it that way...I think you just realized and rethought your analogy...
You are wrong about that. I could have explained it better, though.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Nobody?
Sorry, but i have read so much unoriginal stuff in these posts...

Old 05-25-2010, 06:30 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,682,496 times
Quote:
This is the problem here, these UR people ar argueing from books they read of other proples opinions, and it shows that they do not read the scriptures themselves...I prefer to show sytematically through a chapter or better yet a whole book of the bible where the author is taking the reader...not just pulling individual verses out that actually mean nothing...

Said to a person who posts other peoples articles all the time and says they are all truth.

LOL

Old 05-25-2010, 06:35 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,552,547 times
We don't recognize Him now, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity