U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,529 posts, read 31,926,753 times
Reputation: 9414

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The Universalism stance is that your choice was not yours to make but God's.
UR stance is that God will force all into salvation, even those who did not believe when they died. Not much of a choise if you asked me. But I guess that;s what you said: it is not your choise, and it will happen whether you like it or not.

Quote:
Taking credit for that is entering the sheep pen by climbing in by some other way.
No, entering the sheep pen over the fence means that you were not saved by Christ, but by some other method, which is impossible. No one has made that claim, so why do you keep talking as if someone had said it.

Jesus offered to save me, and he did. All I had to do is accept the offer. To insinuate that I said I saved myself is the dishonesty I was referring to.


Quote:
Universalism would be the end to frivolous fighting/wars
That is the goal of Satan's universal religion. Everyone will "love" each other and there will be peace, even between Jew and Arab. Unfortinatly it is a lie, and the peace will last only three and a half years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-01-2010, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,395,647 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
UR stance is that God will force all into salvation, even those who did not believe when they died. Not much of a choise if you asked me. But I guess that;s what you said: it is not your choise, and it will happen whether you like it or not.
YES just as he forced you TO BE physically BORN. AND he forces people to physically DIE everyday. Do you truly believe being born again spiritually is a choice (given that we don't get to chose our birth nor death)?
If so, why? It seems you are just refusing to acknowledge that there are many things we attribute to God that we have not choice about. UR is simply being consistent with what we know as facts about birth.

Quote:
No, entering the sheep pen over the fence means that you were not saved by Christ, but by some other method, which is impossible. No one has made that claim, so why do you keep talking as if someone had said it.
That is why they would be a thief. They would have TAKEN something. What did they take?

Quote:
Jesus offered to save me, and he did. All I had to do is accept the offer.
Tell me then... IF you had not ACCEPTED what would have happened?
So was it the OFFER that saved you or the ACCEPTANCE??

Quote:
To insinuate that I said I saved myself is the dishonesty I was referring to.
I'm not insinuating anything. I am flat out saying that what you believe means that you believe you can save yourself. BECAUSE without your ACCEPTANCE the offer would not save you. THEREFORE.....LOGICALLY.... it is the acceptance NOT the offer that saved you. Shorten that: You saved yourself.

Insinuating...

Quote:
That is the goal of Satan's universal religion. Everyone will "love" each other and there will be peace, even between Jew and Arab. Unfortinatly it is a lie, and the peace will last only three and a half years.
Yes, Love has a terrible record of causing bad things to happen.

General Question: Why is there a sarcasm smiley if we can't be sarcastic? In my day to day life I am extremely sarcastic. I mean no harm personally, so why is it not okay to be sarcastic? Or is it just on the Christianity forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2010, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,529 posts, read 31,926,753 times
Reputation: 9414
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Do you truly believe being born again spiritually is a choice (given that we don't get to chose our birth nor death)?
Yes, it is a choise, and millions reject it.


Quote:
Tell me then... IF you had not ACCEPTED what would have happened?
Then I would not be saved, and I would suffer everlasting punishment after I die. Bible makes that crystal clear.


Quote:
I'm not insinuating anything. I am flat out saying that what you believe means that you believe you can save yourself. BECAUSE without your ACCEPTANCE the offer would not save you. THEREFORE.....LOGICALLY.... it is the acceptance NOT the offer that saved you. Shorten that: You saved yourself.
Keep repeating it. I can't make it any clearer than I already did, so if you still twist the truth like that, I'll have to assume that you simply enjoy making false statements.

Would it make any sense for Jesus to say 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!' if he was going to let everyone in anyway? It wouldn't make any sense would it? Worse, it woud make him a liar, which is impossible.

Quote:
Insinuating...
Yes. Define insinuate: slyly suggest something unpleasant, as in: To win the case, the attorney tried to insinuate the witness was lying

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-01-2010 at 05:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2010, 05:50 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,205,043 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is the goal of Satan's universal religion. Everyone will "love" each other and there will be peace, even between Jew and Arab. Unfortinatly it is a lie, and the peace will last only three and a half years.
This is very interesting Finn ... Using futurist eschatology to compare the message of the restitution of all things with global secular/social/political/religious ecumenicism and thus with the satanic plan of the global elite to take over the world ...


Very subtle ... Nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2010, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,384,001 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
UR stance is that God will force all into salvation, even those who did not believe when they died. Not much of a choise if you asked me. But I guess that;s what you said: it is not your choise, and it will happen whether you like it or not.



No, entering the sheep pen over the fence means that you were not saved by Christ, but by some other method, which is impossible. No one has made that claim, so why do you keep talking as if someone had said it.

Jesus offered to save me, and he did. All I had to do is accept the offer. To insinuate that I said I saved myself is the dishonesty I was referring to.




That is the goal of Satan's universal religion. Everyone will "love" each other and there will be peace, even between Jew and Arab. Unfortinatly it is a lie, and the peace will last only three and a half years.
Listen, Finn. You REALLY think that UR is going to bring about peace and love between the religions? Are you kidding me? Look at this board! Just multiply that a billion times. The anger, frustration, greed and hatred is abundant in religion, politics, and economics, and NOBODY wants to give up their beliefs.

That is one of many reasons that I believe in the Restitution of All Things. Universal love and harmony will not happen in our present, decaying bodies and minds. I pretty sure the URs of the past would agree with me. I don't know too much about the people on this board, but I don't feel that the world is all of sudden going to start sharing and loving. Highly doubtful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2010, 06:03 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,529 posts, read 31,926,753 times
Reputation: 9414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
This is very interesting Finn ... Using futurist eschatology to compare the message of the restitution of all things with global secular/social/political/religious ecumenicism and thus with the satanic plan of the global elite to take over the world ...

Very subtle ... Nice.
No, I didn't say anything about global elite, but I suppose that argument could be used to downplay Satan't role.

The Bible talks about the rise of Satan's univeral religion which he will use to deceive people.

1 tim 4:1-3 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2010, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,529 posts, read 31,926,753 times
Reputation: 9414
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Listen, Finn. You REALLY think that UR is going to bring about peace and love between the religions? Are you kidding me? Look at this board! Just multiply that a billion times. The anger, frustration, greed and hatred is abundant in religion, politics, and economics, and NOBODY wants to give up their beliefs.
Just wait till Satan sells it to the unbelieving crowds. It fits his purpose perfectly.

Remember that believers will have been raptured when Satan introduces this universal religion, so who's going to correct the obvious inaccuracies then?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-01-2010 at 06:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2010, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,384,001 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, I didn't say anything about global elite, but I suppose that argument could be used to downplay Satan't role.

The Bible talks about the rise of Satan's univeral religion which he will use to deceive people.

1 tim 4:1-3 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.
I was warned about a universal religion since I was 5 years old, but I believe the Ecumenical movement (Catholic-type universal church system) that was warned about was the Protestant and Catholic churches uniting under one big happy umbrella.

The wh*r*/beast situation is probably what has been in place for the last 2000 years. A mystical-type universal force (the UN comes to mind) worship might be something those "out there" are shooting for, but I'm pretty sure the URs say that Christ is the only way to the Father.

Are there any URs out there that are waiting for some mystical christ to show up and unite the world?

Last edited by herefornow; 06-01-2010 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2010, 06:08 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,205,043 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, I didn't say anything about global elite, but I suppose that argument could be used to downplay Satan't role.

The Bible talks about the rise of Satan's univeral religion which he will use to deceive people.

1 tim 4:1-3 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.
Right ... And hence Christian Universalism is the satanic deception Satan will use to unite the world under the Antichrist and his Christian Universalist banner of hell?

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 06-01-2010 at 06:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-01-2010, 06:13 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,205,043 times
Reputation: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
1 tim 4:1-3 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.
The false teachers have seared consciences ...

I believe the way I do because of my conscience not because i no longer have one, that is to say it was my conscience that called the error of the doctrine of ET to my attention to begin with, when i began listening to my heart in order to better understand the scriptures and not to the traditions of men. It is through our hearts(consciences) that the spirit speaks to us ...

Whoever believes in Eternal Torment without feeling sick in their heart constantly is one who must have a seared conscience if you ask me ... Especially when that same person believes that the vast majority of humanity will in fact suffer Eternal Torment. If the thought of most humans who ever lived suffering everlasting torture does not sicken you perpetually, then you MUST have a seared conscience.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 06-01-2010 at 06:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top