U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 06:16 PM

8,430 posts, read 7,877,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, it is a choise, and millions reject it.

Then I would not be saved, and I would suffer everlasting punishment after I die. Bible makes that crystal clear.

Keep repeating it. I can't make it any clearer than I already did, so if you still twist the truth like that, I'll have to assume that you simply enjoy making false statements.

Would it make any sense for Jesus to say 'I don't know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!' if he was going to let everyone in anyway? It wouldn't make any sense would it? Worse, it woud make him a liar, which is impossible.

Yes. Define insinuate: slyly suggest something unpleasant, as in: To win the case, the attorney tried to insinuate the witness was lying
Thank you for proving my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 06:16 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,177,943 times
Quote:
Just wait till Satans sells it to the unbelieving crowds. It fits his purpose perfectly.

Remember that believers will have been raptured when Satan introduces this universal religion, so who's going to correct the obvious inaccuracies then?
Hey, my mom and dad were pretty intelligent people when it came to these things, and they certainly did NOT believe in a rapture event. It is not going to happen. I'm sorry. The rapture is a fairly recent doctrine, and the reasonings behind this doctrine are just politics and fear.

Last edited by herefornow; 06-01-2010 at 07:14 PM..

Old 06-01-2010, 06:21 PM

52,098 posts, read 27,786,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I was warned about the Universal Religion since I was 5 years old. This is not it, I can assure you. And I believe the Ecumenical movement that was warned about was the Protestant and Catholic churches uniting under one big happy umbrella.
The Catholic church is a cult IMO, but it won't work because the Muslims and others see it as Christian, and will never accept it. Satan and his false prophet will need something truly universal, and what's better than something that promises automatic ticket to heaven for everyone, Muslim, Christian, Atheist, Hindu, etc etc....UR has it all.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
The Catholic church is a cult IMO, but it won't work because the Muslims and others see it as Christian, and will never accept it. Satan and his false prophet will need something truly universal, and what's better than something that promises automatic ticket to heaven for everyone, Muslim, Christian, Atheist, Hindu, etc etc....UR has it all.
If you read my next couple of posts, I was saying that URs don't believe in any other way to the Father except through Yeshua. I don't know how many other religions out there are going to get all warm and fuzzy over that.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:04 PM

52,098 posts, read 27,786,143 times
Quote:
If you read my next couple of posts, I was saying that URs don't believe in any other way to the Father except through Yeshua. I don't know how many other religions out there are going to get all warm and fuzzy over that.
They will love it when they hear they can live as they wish: drink, eat, be merry, fornicate, lie, steal, cheat, hoard money etc, and never open the Bible or Quran and never pray, and they can die denying Christ and Allah etc and after death a merciful and loving God will guide them to heaven. Heck, it is the definition of warm and fuzzy, and why should Satan mention anything about Yeshua? After all, what's the point, since everyone will be saved whether or not they ever hear the name Yeshua?

Old 06-01-2010, 07:08 PM

27,601 posts, read 18,040,994 times
Quote:
They will love it when they hear they can live as they wish: drink, eat, be merry, fornicate, lie, steal, cheat, hoard money etc, and never open the Bible or Quran and never pray, and they can die denying Christ and Allah etc and after death a merciful and loving God will guide them to heaven. Heck, it is the definition of warm and fuzzy, and why should Satan mention anything about Yeshua? After all, what's the point, since everyone will be saved whether or not they ever hear the name Yeshua?
You know very well UR does not mean anything of the sort , and yet you get all touchy and cry slander because someone says Salvation is all of God and we have no part in it and to believe other wise we are taking credit ourselves.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:16 PM

309 posts, read 279,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Thank you for proving my point.
Kat....I think he is having trouble messing "if you believe" with "you have NOT chosen me, but I have chosen you". I totally see your point and your frustration in the matter.

Accept Christ = salvation
Dont accept Christ = not salvation

pretty cut and dry to me that this is 'man' saving himself.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:

Actually, Finn, people already do all these things while saying they are Christian, Muslim, Jewish or whatever.

The message of traditional UR is you reap what you sow. EVERYBODY! Yeshua paid our price (death) and now we are ALL raised up again. But, that is most certainly not the end of things. Warm and fuzzy it is not.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:32 PM

3,225 posts, read 201,217 times
Quote:
Actually, Finn, people already do all these things while saying they are Christian, Muslim, Jewish or whatever.

The message of traditional UR is you reap what you sow. EVERYBODY! Yeshua paid our price (death) and now we are ALL raised up again. But, that is most certainly not the end of things. Warm and fuzzy it is not.
Agreed ....... Judgment happens

Old 06-01-2010, 07:39 PM

27,601 posts, read 18,040,994 times
Quote:

Exactly
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth . Hebrews 12 verse 6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity