U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 01:28 PM

9,538 posts, read 4,941,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Latte,

Did you seek God first or did he save you and then after he saved you, you follow him and serve him BECAUSE he saved you and loved you first?
Well of course God seek me in my life, He saved and delivered me from a life of self-destruction of sin and am soooooo thankful for His forgiveness and I will love, honor, and serve Him with all my heart because of His great love...... and to forgive me of so much I can not even begin to share !

And to this very day His love and compassion continues to pour in and upon my soul, He is my Father.... He has given me a love I never knew existed and this world nor any human being can never give to me what He has and I will never walk away from Him !! I love my Lord Jesus with all my heart !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 01:30 PM

5,925 posts, read 3,164,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Well of course God seek me in my life, He saved and delivered me from a life of self-destruction of sin and am soooooo thankful for His forgiveness and I will love, honor, and serve Him with all my heart because of His great love...... and to forgive me of so much I can not even begin to share !

And to this very day His love and compassion continues to pour in and upon my soul, He is my Father.... He has given me a love I never knew existed and this world nor any human being can never give to me what He has and I will never walk away from Him !! I love my Lord Jesus with all my heart !!

Amen and he loves everyone so much that he will not allow them to burn forever.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:49 PM

3,371 posts, read 1,834,336 times
Quote:

Old 05-24-2010, 02:02 PM

10,142 posts, read 4,383,342 times
Quote:
No body knew Andrea's heart that day but God.....
There are NO, facts and what Dr. Lucy Puryear said, it is only her speculation, not a definite proof that is why Andrea did what she did !! No one can make that kind of judgment, regardless !!!

How could I have left out on purpose when I posted the link to where I got my information, once again you are judging falsely !!!
Gheesh, you asked for proof that she murdered her children because of eternal torment, we provide the proof and you evade the proof by throwing a red herring that she had mental problems.

The ET doctrine is what pushed an already unstable person over the edge.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:21 PM

9,538 posts, read 4,941,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Gheesh, you asked for proof that she murdered her children because of eternal torment, we provide the proof and you evade the proof by throwing a red herring that she had mental problems.

The ET doctrine is what pushed an already unstable person over the edge.

Eusebius.... I won't argue with you and your false accusations. Only God knows her heart and what truly happen in her mind that day.
I will not stand and judge this womans heart and mind, you can keep doing it all you want....

Later....

Old 05-24-2010, 02:31 PM

4,345 posts, read 3,437,385 times
No one who REALLY believes in eternal torment could (in good conscience) ever have children in the first place. In fact - in the ET view EVERY birth is an eternal tragedy as the vast majority will go into eternal agony ("few there be who find it") and the "few" will have loved ones there as well.

My conclusion is that most who say they believe in ET don't really, in their hearts of hearts, believe it at all.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:36 PM

5,925 posts, read 3,164,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
No one who REALLY believes in eternal torment could (in good conscience) ever have children in the first place. In fact - in the ET view EVERY birth is an eternal tragedy as the vast majority will go into eternal agony ("few there be who find it") and the "few" will have loved ones there as well.

My conclusion is that most who say they believe in ET don't really, in their hearts of hearts, believe it at all.

Andrea was not mentally ill based upon the logic of the doctrine she believed.

Based on the doctrine, her children are basking in eternal Joy.

Even if someone says at the cost of her own soul, so what? What greater selflessness would be to endanger your own eternal soul to ensure eternal joy for those you love.

The illustration here shows the depraved nature of the doctrine in the first place.

Last edited by Phazelwood; 05-24-2010 at 02:44 PM..

Old 05-24-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

I don't tell many people this (I believe only my husband knows), but I LOVE babies, LOVE them, and the reason I had only 2 children is because of the doctrine of eternal torment. And, for many years I regretted even having those two.

I'm angry at the Church system for MANY reasons! I refuse to even walk into a church building these days. I KNOW what those doctrines did to my mother, myself, and MANY, MANY others in the past. I have vowed to fight this doctrine with every last cell in my body!

I have been studying, and studying, and studying some more! The doctrine of eternal torment is no joke to me! I believe WHOEVER participated in starting it and perpetuating it will suffer the consequences of their actions. I'm talking about those MEN who thought it would control the masses better and left the deceit intact. And, from what I have been studying, they KNEW what they were doing!!

I believe tradition's of men have sucked the LOVE right out of the body of Christ, whether anybody has recognized it or not!

Old 05-24-2010, 03:34 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,739,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I don't tell many people this (I believe only my husband knows), but I LOVE babies, LOVE them, and the reason I had only 2 children is because of the doctrine of eternal torment. And, for many years I regretted even having those two.

I'm angry at the Church system for MANY reasons! I refuse to even walk into a church building these days. I KNOW what those doctrines did to my mother, myself, and MANY, MANY others in the past. I have vowed to fight this doctrine with every last cell in my body!

I have been studying, and studying, and studying some more! The doctrine of eternal torment is no joke to me! I believe WHOEVER participated in starting it and perpetuating it will suffer the consequences of their actions. I'm talking about those MEN who thought it would control the masses better and left the deceit intact. And, from what I have been studying, they KNEW what they were doing!!

I believe tradition's of men have sucked the LOVE right out of the body of Christ, whether anybody has recognized it or not!
I understand and appreciate where you're coming from herefornow, and while it's one of the hardest things for a follower of Christ, it's also one of the things most commonly used by the Lord to burn out resentment and anger in us. The hardest ones to forgive are often our own brethren, but the wounds of a friend are faithful to do the purpose of which they were meant.

"And one shall say unto Him, What are these wounds in Thine hands? Then He shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of My friends." (Zech 13:6)

Old 05-24-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I understand and appreciate where you're coming from herefornow, and while it's one of the hardest things for a follower of Christ, it's also one of the things most commonly used by the Lord to burn out resentment and anger in us. The hardest ones to forgive are often our own brethren, but the wounds of a friend are faithful to do the purpose of which they were meant.

"And one shall say unto Him, What are these wounds in Thine hands? Then He shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of My friends." (Zech 13:6)
Thank you for that post, little elmer. And great verse. I'll have to memorize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity