U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 01:53 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,725,643 times

Advertisements

A few things puzzle me.

When the new Jerusalem comes down to earth we read that there will still be kings and nations (Revelation 21:24-26) AND bad people will live outside its gates (Revelation 22:14-15). I was under the impression that kings and nations will cease in that new world AND all those bad people would be roasting in the lake of fire for eternity.

How is this explained?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 02:00 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,567,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
A few things puzzle me.

When the new Jerusalem comes down to earth we read that there will still be kings and nations (Revelation 21:24-26) AND bad people will live outside its gates (Revelation 22:14-15). I was under the impression that kings and nations will cease in that new world AND all those bad people would be roasting in the lake of fire for eternity.

How is this explained?
What scirptures are you referring to in the bolded part?

Old 05-23-2010, 02:12 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,725,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
What scirptures are you referring to in the bolded part?
None. I was just figuring that in the "new world" distinctions cease. Thought there would be no need for kings, queens or other ruling officials as god would be the only king and all the people would be Christians who are now perfected.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:01 PM

910 posts, read 1,046,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
A few things puzzle me.

How is this explained?

The new Jerusalem will not literally drop from the skies. It is a city where God will manifest as well as Jesus, that is why it called New Jerusalem. The city is already manifested in this era.

Revelations actually ends in chapter 6. All the other chapters fill in.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:28 PM

7,880 posts, read 6,694,019 times
The time line is not what a literalist may see ... See in Chapter 21 talks of New Jerusalem of Heaven, but in Chapter 22 the Prophecy raps up the book of Revelations and on a time line not later but goes back to the time before any of this happened and says Like, You better watch out or you will be left behind and the end of the book comes.......Jesus is coming soon......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity