Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 05:09 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,175,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Ever seen light flee because of approaching shadows?
Can't say that I have. Good thing!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 05:19 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,480,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Can't say that I have. Good thing!!
For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 Cor. 4:6

The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. John 1:5

Old 05-28-2010, 06:22 PM

11,713 posts, read 3,589,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 Cor. 4:6

The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. John 1:5

Yes -- think the Israelites - God gave laws that were easy to understand Love God - and how to love your neighbour do not commit adultery , do not bear false witness (lie), do not covet, do not kill, and then see how they tried to bend them.

When Jesus came and did not stone the adulteress if he were God and was a part in commanding that adulteress were actually to be stoned (killed) he would have had to stone the adulteress. We are told that God does not change. Also the when they were stoning the adulteresses/adulterers they were disobeying the do not kill command.

I believe that God does not change but I do believe what the scriptures say when they say that the Israelites profaned Gods name among the nations ascribing thing to God that he did not say

Eze 36:20 And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.
Eze 36:21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:32 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,594,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Firstborn,

Your themes are all messed up. Sin is a spiritual defect, not physical.
Yes, go on....

Old 05-29-2010, 02:32 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,408,923 times
Quote:
Yes, go on....
That's it. It's all over the scriptures.....would you like me to exegete?
I will put together some tomorrow, but briefly I will say this:

The flesh, is just a symbol, of what already is....our nature, our sin nature, this is the corruptible body. It is not your flesh and bones, but what flesh and bones symbolize, is what is dead, our spirit, unless, we put on the incorruptible, we put on the heavenly tabernacle that is in Christ, can we only succeed over death, the law, where the strength of sin is. Christ never sinned. He did not have what we have...sin nature. He had flesh, bones, blood, but He was perfect. He showed us that God, can too dwell in the flesh, but His spirit is holy, is pure, is quintessential, and when Christ took upon all sin, and BECAME SIN, God HAD to separate, FORSAKE, Christ from Him, because He is pure, He is holy, He is quintessential.

God took on all sin for mankind, the Saviour of every one of us, while He was in the flesh. He is so omnipotent, so grandiose, so amazing, to do this for us. He came here, humbled in the flesh, prayed to Him, the Father, and blessed Him, the Son, and graced us, Him, the Holy Spirit.
This is the meaning of God being all in all with us. He met us on every level we need. In sight and history. In spirit and heart. In Father and Guide. In Counsellor and Prince. To die a suffering servant's death for something not one of us, could ever do.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor (παράκλητος, G4156) is a term ..counselor or comforter.... In the Old Testament, Isaiah 9:6 predicts), The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

He is already here, all in all with us who put our faith in Christ, God the Son, Lord of Hosts.

Last edited by sciotamicks; 05-29-2010 at 02:43 AM..

Old 05-29-2010, 03:30 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Scioata there is not one verse that uses anything like the terminolgy "God the Son".

Nor is there a scripture that says "God the Christ" , it's God in Christ.

God became a man and dwelt amongst us this is what the prophecy of Isaiah you quoted is saying.

For us to see the true reality , nature and character of God ,He was manifested in the flesh.John 1 verse 14.

If God had never manifested Himself through the flesh we would all still be seeing how much of orthodox christianity still does ,"A Tyrant".

Old 05-29-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Scioata there is not one verse that uses anything like the terminolgy "God the Son".

Nor is there a scripture that says "God the Christ" , it's God in Christ.

God became a man and dwelt amongst us this is what the prophecy of Isaiah you quoted is saying.

For us to see the true reality , nature and character of God ,He was manifested in the flesh.John 1 verse 14.

If God had never manifested Himself through the flesh we would all still be seeing how much of orthodox christianity still does ,"A Tyrant".
I don't see how you are disagreeing with me.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:25 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,594,601 times
Quote:
That's it. It's all over the scriptures.....would you like me to exegete?
I will put together some tomorrow, but briefly I will say this:

The flesh, is just a symbol, of what already is....our nature, our sin nature, this is the corruptible body. It is not your flesh and bones, but what flesh and bones symbolize, is what is dead, our spirit, unless, we put on the incorruptible, we put on the heavenly tabernacle that is in Christ, can we only succeed over death, the law, where the strength of sin is. Christ never sinned. He did not have what we have...sin nature. He had flesh, bones, blood, but He was perfect. He showed us that God, can too dwell in the flesh, but His spirit is holy, is pure, is quintessential, and when Christ took upon all sin, and BECAME SIN, God HAD to separate, FORSAKE, Christ from Him, because He is pure, He is holy, He is quintessential.

God took on all sin for mankind, the Saviour of every one of us, while He was in the flesh. He is so omnipotent, so grandiose, so amazing, to do this for us. He came here, humbled in the flesh, prayed to Him, the Father, and blessed Him, the Son, and graced us, Him, the Holy Spirit.
This is the meaning of God being all in all with us. He met us on every level we need. In sight and history. In spirit and heart. In Father and Guide. In Counsellor and Prince. To die a suffering servant's death for something not one of us, could ever do.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor (παράκλητος, G4156) is a term ..counselor or comforter.... In the Old Testament, Isaiah 9:6 predicts), The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

He is already here, all in all with us who put our faith in Christ, God the Son, Lord of Hosts.
That's a mostly awesome description even though you still put a traditional spin on it. I wish you could acknowledge that Jesus was not forsaken but was speaking experientially in proxy for mankind from a perceived sense of abandonment. Would that in some way diminish your understanding of Jesus' perfection?

"He met us on every level we need" is so true, but that's just the first step of understanding - not the entire stairwell.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
That's a mostly awesome description even though you still put a traditional spin on it. I wish you could acknowledge that Jesus was not forsaken but was speaking experientially in proxy for mankind from a perceived sense of abandonment. Would that in some way diminish your understanding of Jesus' perfection?
I disagree. Christ was forsaken because He became sin.

Quote:
"He met us on every level we need" is so true, but that's just the first step of understanding - not the entire stairwell.
Actually, it is the whole stairwell IMHO

Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:55 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
I don't see how you are disagreeing with me.
Sciota I believe in one God, the one God that Jesus himself proclaimed as one God , not the trinity god , when you are saying God the son and God the Christ in essence you are talking about a number of gods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity