Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 02:14 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,142,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Are you serious?

1 Cor 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom [his] lord shall make ruler over his household, to give [them their] portion of meat in due season?

1 Tim 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine

2 Cor 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

2 Tim 2:16 But shun profane [and] vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

2 Tim 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

The truth, here presented in 2 Timothy, is focusing on the resurrection of Israel, claimed to be coming from the OT scriptures.

That is the word of Truth!

The revelation of the WORD OF TRUTH is in Christ!

The mind of Christ is the truth of the OT scriptrures that gave us the revelation of Him, Jesus.
Not one of the verses you quoted says the bible is the word of truth . Before you say i am saying the scriptures are not the word of God, don't even go there, i am saying the verses you quoted do not tell us the bible is the word of truth.

Tell me this when does truth become truth ? when it's written down on paper ?

Truth is not what is written down on paper truth is exactly what Jesus said it was , Himself ,the word became flesh and dwelt amongst us , Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the Father , Hebrews 1 says

1In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son (THE REVELATION OF WHO GOD IS)

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being .

The scriptures testify of who Jesus is (Who is the reality of who God is)

Last edited by pcamps; 05-24-2010 at 02:38 PM..

Old 05-24-2010, 02:47 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,412,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Not one of the verses you quoted says the bible is the word of truth . Before you say i am saying the scriptures are not the word of God, don't even go there, i am saying the verses you quoted do not tell us the bible is the word of truth.

Tell me this when does truth become truth ? when it's written down on paper ?

Truth is not what is written down on paper truth is exactly what Jesus said it was , Himself ,the word became flesh and dwelt amongst us , Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the Father , Hebrews 1 says

1In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son (THE REVELATION OF WHO GOD IS)

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being .

The scriptures testify of who Jesus is (Who is the reality of who God is)
Do you not believe that the scriptures are God's words to His servant and prophets?

Do you believe Christ is God in the flesh?

The scriptures are God's words to His prophets and servants, and Christ is the fulfillment of those words God gave to His servants and prophets, therefore the scriptures are the truth about Christ, and it is through the scriptures, that we teach the mind of Christ.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:57 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,142,501 times
Quote:
Do you not believe that the scriptures are God's words to His servant and prophets?

Do you believe Christ is God in the flesh?

The scriptures are God's words to His prophets and servants, and Christ is the fulfillment of those words God gave to His servants and prophets, therefore the scriptures are the truth about Christ, and it is through the scriptures, that we teach the mind of Christ.
I believe God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. 2 Cor 5 verse 19.

I believe the scriptures testify of who Jesus is . John 5 verse 39 - Luke 24 verse 27

I believe we have the mind of Christ Phil 2 verse 5 - 1 Cor 2 verse 16

Old 05-24-2010, 03:10 PM

139 posts, read 222,208 times
why is it so important what other people think or believe ...jsut curious?.. isn't knowing the truth enough?

SO much to be greatful for.. Oh father i Love You more than words can say.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:12 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,177,649 times
Quote:

I believe the scriptures testify of who Jesus is . John 5 verse 39 - Luke 24 verse 27

I'm STARTING to believe this, too.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:47 PM

41 posts, read 54,467 times
don't let babylon use you to fight against eachother.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IandIlove View Post
don't let babylon use you to fight against eachother.
Babylon is still around?

Old 05-24-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:

You didn't answer the question...but that's fine.

I will let one scholar speak from the grave:

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him (v. 16), that is, the spiritual man? Who can enter so far into the mind of God as to instruct him who has the Spirit of God, and is under his inspiration? He only is the person to whom God immediately communicates the knowledge of his will. And who can inform or instruct him in the mind of God who is so immediately under the conduct of his own Spirit?

Very few have known any thing of the mind of God by a natural power. But, adds the apostle Paul, we have the mind of Christ; and the mind of Christ is the mind of God. He is God, and the principal messenger and prophet of God. And the apostles were empowered by his Spirit to make known his mind to us. And in the holy scriptures is the mind of Christ, and the mind of God in Christ, are fully revealed to us in them.

The scriptures reveal to us, the mind of Christ, and the scriptures are the words of God, and is the truth, which is in the word.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:08 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,177,649 times
Quote:
Babylon is still around?

Alive and well.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:11 PM

139 posts, read 222,208 times
Quote:
Babylon is still around?
don't let babylon fool you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity