Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 04:30 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
you should be a very happy man if u have found the truth... but yet u seem quite bitter.

love love love love and more love
Bitter? Because I told you that you are in opposition to the truth? You deny the Bible is the word of God. I have pointed out your error. No bitterness. Just dogmatic assertion of truth.

Love at the expense of truth is meaningless and false.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
2 Timothy 2 verse 15 does not say in any way shape or form that the bible is the word of truth .
Yes. It does.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:38 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Babylon is apostate Israel, but that is another thread entirely....care to start it?
I will start it, sciotamicks. I think you have only half the equation.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:46 PM

139 posts, read 223,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Bitter? Because I told you that you are in opposition to the truth? You deny the Bible is the word of God. I have pointed out your error. No bitterness. Just dogmatic assertion of truth.

Love at the expense of truth is meaningless and false.
ok mike555,
I cant argue with you.
My truth lives in my heart and i feel love. I feel peace and i feel blessed.
and this means soo much more to me than proving myself right in your eyes.
Blessings to u always

Old 05-24-2010, 04:48 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
You didn't answer the question...but that's fine.

I will let one scholar speak from the grave:

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him (v. 16), that is, the spiritual man? Who can enter so far into the mind of God as to instruct him who has the Spirit of God, and is under his inspiration? He only is the person to whom God immediately communicates the knowledge of his will. And who can inform or instruct him in the mind of God who is so immediately under the conduct of his own Spirit?

Very few have known any thing of the mind of God by a natural power. But, adds the apostle Paul, we have the mind of Christ; and the mind of Christ is the mind of God. He is God, and the principal messenger and prophet of God. And the apostles were empowered by his Spirit to make known his mind to us. And in the holy scriptures is the mind of Christ, and the mind of God in Christ, are fully revealed to us in them.

The scriptures reveal to us, the mind of Christ, and the scriptures are the words of God, and is the truth, which is in the word.

What question didn't i answer ? keep it simple please .

When Jesus said to Peter "flesh and blood has not revealed this unto you but my Father in heaven" , do you really believe that Jeus was saying to Peter it's by the scriptures you have come to know this ?.

You need to drop the thought that i and others are denying the scriptures .

Quote:
I believe God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. 2 Cor 5 verse 19.

I believe the scriptures testify of who Jesus is . John 5 verse 39 - Luke 24 verse 27

I believe we have the mind of Christ Phil 2 verse 5 - 1 Cor 2 verse 16
When we are talking about the mind of Christ which by the way the natural man cannot understand we are referring to the nature and character of God , read Phil 2 , we are talking about blessing them that curse us we are talking about doing good to them that spitefully use us , we are talking about loving our enemies , what we are not talking about when we are referring to the mind of Christ is , the rapture, preterism,UR,ET, pre mil and all other ism in christianity , has all these thoughts,teachings and doctrine will pass away , but what will remain is the mind of Christ , the mind of the tree of life .

Old 05-24-2010, 04:56 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,646 times
pcamps,

I asked you if you believe Jesus Christ was God in the flesh?
Secondly, I have read Phil 2, and yes, the mind of Christ has nothing to do with doctrine.

The mind of the tree of life?
You are really going off the deepend there...got some scripture for that?
How could John the Baptist understand what you are saying?
Or the priests in the synagogue that believed who Christ was as He read the scriptures, or Nicodemus, Joe of Arimathea? Or the Gentile Phillip spoke to about the scriptures of Isaiah and its fulfillment of Christ?
This has nothing to do with the natural man, for the mind of Christ is spritual, and so is the scriptures all pointing to Him. God never cared about the covenant of death, what He cared about was the circumcision of the heart. Read Ezekiel...all of it....take special note of chapters 40-48.

Yes, you do deny the teachings of the scriptures...how is this?

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-25-2010 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: Please lets mpt turn this into another UR/ET debate

Old 05-24-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
pcamps,

I asked you if you believe Jesus Christ was God in the flesh?
Secondly, I have read Phil 2, and yes, the mind of Christ has nothing to do with doctrine.

The mind of the tree of life?
You are really going off the deepend there...got some scripture for that?
How could John the Baptist understand what you are saying?
Or the priests in the synagogue that believed who Christ was as He read the scriptures, or Nicodemus, Joe of Arimathea? Or the Gentile Phillip spoke to about the scriptures of Isaiah and its fulfillment of Christ?
This has nothing to do with the natural man, for the mind of Christ is spritual, and so is the scriptures all pointing to Him. God never cared about the covenant of death, what He cared about was the circumcision of the heart. Read Ezekiel...all of it....take special note of chapters 40-48.

Yes, you do deny the teachings of the scriptures...how is this?

Moderator cut: edit
I answered you with God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.

What did you want me to say ?

Tree of life - spiritually minded

Tree of knowledge of good and evil - carnal minded

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-25-2010 at 08:52 PM..

Old 05-24-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I gave you a full explanation (actually the scripture did) that the passage says clearly that the mind of Christ is the Holy Spirit! You can't miss it unless you choose to.
And I told you how the word of God which is the Bible, the mind of Christ, and the Holy Spirit go together. If you read what I wrote, you did so without comprehension or desire for truth.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:05 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,646 times
Quote:
I answered you with God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.

What did you want me to say ?
Yes or no.

Quote:
Tree of life - spiritually minded
No.....the tree of life is where the manna is at.

Rev 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Can you continue His commandments after you have died?

Quote:
Tree of knowledge of good and evil - carnal minded
I will just keep my mouth shut on this one.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:09 PM

You want me to deny the trinity , i will not give you that satisfaction on this thread.

To be spiritually minded is life and peace

To be carnal minded is sin and death , remind me again what happened in the garden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity