U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:24 AM

20,306 posts, read 15,661,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Mike, I believe the Bible is a written record given to us from HUMANS who were trying to learn about God, and failing, and I am very glad to have this record. You know what it says to me? It says to love and don't ever stop.

I have been reading and studying the Bible more than ever these days. I see a progression from Genesis to Revelation, from confusion about who God is and confusion about what He wants to Jesus showing up as HUMAN to show EVERYBODY who God is!!! Love!!'

Why were the Pharisees mad? Why did they want Him dead? What did Jesus do besides break ALL their rules, show LOVE to dogs, and just generally pi** off the religious until they nailed Him to a tree??

He LOVED with a passion that no human will EVER understand. Not even you.
I look around this planet sometimes and wonder if I would ever come here to save humans. As nasty and fouled up as people are, I truly wonder....

He concludeth ALL in unbelief........I'll have to remember that.

Signing off.

Your beliefs are wrong. You are in complete contradiction of the Scriptures. All the Scriptures that attest to the divine origin of the Bible are ignored by you.

Excerpt:

Quote:
Many have the impression that men wrote the Bible and tried to explain what they thought God wanted to say to humanity. This leaves an easy out for people who do not want to believe some of the things they deem “distasteful”. For example, Hell becomes a fabrication—a story invented to scare people into obeying the rules of the church.
What does the Bible claim about itself?

Old 05-24-2010, 07:44 AM

139 posts, read 165,732 times
good morning mike555,

i hope u have a very blessed day today.
lets just live and let live
whoever seeks the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth will find it, god will lead us all who seek him to it..i guess everyone is at differennt points on their journey.. the more u try to force somthing on someone the more they will rebel. who has ears let them hear
i trust in jesus.
we can only tell the spirit by its fruits. jesus was gentle ( as said in the bible) not forceful .. as u keep saying u cannot force anyone to desire the truth .. be at peace my friend.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:44 AM

5,422 posts, read 4,665,658 times
The Bible is indeed the Word of God, but make sure of the translation. Also, since the Bible is the Word of God, we can conclude that only righteous people will go to Heaven. Sinners will have no part in God's Heaven; they will be shut outside the gate.

Matt. 5:20 - For I [Jesus] say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Ephesians 4:24 - And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Only the holy and righteous will walk through those pearly gates. Sin can't enter Heaven.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:29 AM

20,306 posts, read 15,661,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
good morning mike555,

i hope u have a very blessed day today.
lets just live and let live
whoever seeks the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth will find it, god will lead us all who seek him to it..i guess everyone is at differennt points on their journey.. the more u try to force somthing on someone the more they will rebel. who has ears let them hear
i trust in jesus.
we can only tell the spirit by its fruits. jesus was gentle ( as said in the bible) not forceful .. as u keep saying u cannot force anyone to desire the truth .. be at peace my friend.
Truth is not muted for the sake of unity. Truth is to be defended from cosmic doctrines. Let those who seek the truth be edified by it. Let those who deliberately set themselves against the truth be trampled by the truth.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:37 AM

truth can never be muted for the sake of anything. i too hope we can all grow in the truth and be changed by it.
Jesus is the Truth now and forever.
I am happy that god is in control.
Have a blessed day still.
Peace.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:53 AM

37,553 posts, read 25,261,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
So that readers new to this forum may better understand you, here is what you said about God.

''The God of the Bible you worship is evil and you would proclaim Him Good . . . theGod of Jesus is Good and you would proclaim Him evil. Hmmmm . . . who is it that uses deception to change good into evil and evil into good???? Could it be . . . SATAN!!''

www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/914241-fair-question-you-fundamentalists.html Post #265

You understand nothing about God.
And you need not be addressed any further.
I know Jesus intimately and there is no doubt in my mind that YOUR VERSION of God is corrupted and evil from the veil of ignorance that covers the written word of the OT. JESUS IS THE TRUTH, THE LIFE AND THE WAY, PERIOD . . . NOT your satanically corrupted version of God.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:01 AM

30,230 posts, read 19,996,777 times
Quote:
Truth is not muted for the sake of unity. Truth is to be defended from cosmic doctrines. Let those who seek the truth be edified by it. Let those who deliberately set themselves against the truth be trampled by the truth.
Defenders of the truth , i just do not get this kind of statement it smacks of arrogance and pride.

Jesus said He is the Truth ( the life that men beheld, the reality of who God really is), doctrine as never been truth and never will be in the manner that the system would have us believe.

My testimony is, if theirs anything that is compelling me or drawing me to "the things of God" it is always Him(it's never my doing), God forbid that i should make such a claim.. There is a continual pulling and drawing from God's side for me to see who He really is in reality so to bring about change within me and not to make me a bible intelectual.

If you read the account of the 2 disciples on their way to Emmaus you will see that it was Jesus(the reality of God) who drew along side these disciples and it was He who expounded the scriptures to them , and it was He who broke bread at their table , and when He breaks bread at our table something happens to us , when we break the bread ourselves we end up hungry , has the prophet said "why spend money on what is not bread ?".

Old 05-24-2010, 09:21 AM

The world would have the truth to serve them, to talk of, to trade with, and to contend with;these are the wells without water and the trees without fruit.
We know the truth by the way it feels.. the way in changes us from worldly things to Eternal things.. the truth is powerful, gods light is Powerful and it is there to change us.. it is not to look at but to walk in.. in order to enter the narrow gates we must be cleaned from all worldly desires and understandings. and submit fully to the power of our Living God ( who is in all of us today)

None of us can even comprehend the truth unless God chooses to show us. so why do u boast of truth? as if it even belongs to u.??
Therefor wait upon the God for the living bread that never fades away which he eats of lives forever
Peace love and blessings to u.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:59 AM

1,897 posts, read 1,722,368 times
Quote:
The Bible IS the mind of Christ. A believer only has the mind of Christ in his soul to the extend that he has the doctrines of the word of God transfered into his soul. It's all tied together. The thinking of Christ, the mind of Christ is set down in writing. But the doctrines and principles that are recorded in the written word must be inculcated into the soul of the believer where God the Holy Spirit can make use of it in causing spiritual growth in the believer. What Christ thought in eternity past and chose to communicate to man, has been permanently recorded in writing in the Scriptures. There is no separating them. The Bible is the mind of Christ because it contains His communicated message to us.

The Holy Spirit indwells the body of every church-age believer. But the Holy Spirit can only make use of whatever amount of Bible doctrine is resident in the soul of the believer. The Bible contains all that God has seen fit to communicate to man. It is the Holy Spirit who enables the believer to understand the spiritual phenonemon that is Bible doctrine. It is the Holy Spirit who is the true mentor. It is the Holy Spirit who enables the believer to metabolize that doctrine resulting in spiritual growth.

The Bible--->The thinking of Christ--->therefore the mind of Christ--->By means of the Holy Spirit, the mind of Christ, His thoughts, are through study transfered into the soul of the believer.

How else can I say it? The Holy Spirit only teaches you what is in the Scriptures. Apart from the Scriptures which have been learned by means of the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit has nothing to work with in producing spiritual momentum in the believer.

Maybe it will make more sense coming from another source.

From Online Parallel Bible: Weaving God's Word into the Web

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

2:10-16 God has revealed true wisdom to us by his Spirit. Here is a proof of the Divine authority of the Holy Scriptures, 2Pe 1:21. In proof of the Divinity of the Holy Ghost, observe, that he knows all things, and he searches all things, even the deep things of God. No one can know the things of God, but his Holy Spirit, who is one with the Father and the Son, and who makes known Divine mysteries to his church. This is most clear testimony, both to the real Godhead and the distinct person of the Holy Spirit. The apostles were not guided by worldly principles. They had the revelation of these things from the Spirit of God, and the saving impression of them from the same Spirit. These things they declared in plain, simple language, taught by the Holy Spirit, totally different from the affected oratory or enticing words of man's wisdom. The natural man, the wise man of the world, receives not the things of the Spirit of God. The pride of carnal reasoning is really as much opposed to spirituality, as the basest sensuality. The sanctified mind discerns the real beauties of holiness, but the power of discerning and judging about common and natural things is not lost. But the carnal man is a stranger to the principles, and pleasures, and actings of the Divine life. The spiritual man only, is the person to whom God gives the knowledge of his will. How little have any known of the mind of God by natural power! And the apostles were enabled by his Spirit to make known his mind. In the Holy Scriptures, the mind of Christ, and the mind of God in Christ, are fully made known to us. It is the great privilege of Christians, that they have the mind of Christ revealed to them by his Spirit. They experience his sanctifying power in their hearts, and bring forth good fruits in their lives.

(Emphasis mine. The bolding)

Link:

1 Corinthians 2:16 "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
What I said was, "But, why do you keep saying in these threads that it is the mind of Christ? Can you quote a scripture that says that?" You just proved you cannot.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:05 AM

30,230 posts, read 19,996,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
What I said was, "But, why do you keep saying in these threads that it is the mind of Christ? Can you quote a scripture that says that?" You just proved you cannot.
It cannot be proved (because what he believes unfortunately is error), but it can be proved that we have the mind of Christ

. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.[c] 14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
16"For who has known the mind of the Lord
that he may instruct him?"[d] But we have the mind of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or