U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 05:23 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,390,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Thanks herefornow

The boney m one had me in tears
You're welcome, meerkat2.

The lyrics change a little depending on the group singing them, I guess. They don't appear to be singing the exact same words. The second group brought tears to my eyes, also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 05:38 PM

3,585 posts, read 464,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
You're welcome, meerkat2.

The lyrics change a little depending on the group singing them, I guess. They don't appear to be singing the exact same words. The second group brought tears to my eyes, also.
What it was making me think of is it seems "babylon" is this physical world with its hate, segregation, oppression, the flesh with its strife and lusts which all ends in death.

How can we sing the Lords song in a strange land?

When we believe and hope and love we are in the "new land" and sing the Lords song.

Resurrection is life through Christ and is of the Spirit and is never of the flesh.

The song is from this psalm

Quote:
Psa 137:1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
Psa 137:2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
Psa 137:3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
Psa 137:4 How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land?
Psa 137:5 If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
Psa 137:6 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
Psa 137:7 Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof.
Psa 137:8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
Psa 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
to me the daughter of babylon is in all of us (the flesh) and is to be destroyed.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
What it was making me think of is it seems "babylon" is this physical world with its hate, segregation, oppression, the flesh with its strife and lusts which all ends in death.

How can we sing the Lords song in a strange land?

When we believe and hope and love we are in the "new land" and sing the Lords song.

Resurrection is life through Christ and is of the Spirit and is never of the flesh.

The song is from this psalm

to me the daughter of babylon is in all of us (the flesh) and is to be destroyed.

Yep! Babylon is alive and well.......Our greed, pride, and selfishness poisons all of our achievements. If anything that we have done here was not done out of love, it won't be rewarded by blessings in the end.

We have to move on almost as soon as we get here. We don't get much time on this planet. We are not supposed to love this world; it steals our soul and blinds us from the light that comes from above.

We will feel like aliens when we start pulling away from the world, our flesh, and it's systems. We are strangers in a strange land, just passing through.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:08 PM

7,088 posts, read 12,733,704 times
Who is Babylon??

Lon Chaney Jr. when he was about 2 months old.?????????, Is this a trick question?

Old 05-30-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Who is Babylon??

Lon Chaney Jr. when he was about 2 months old.?????????, Is this a trick question?
I thought no one would ever get it!!

Old 05-31-2010, 03:42 PM

Somebody posted this on the "Rock With June" thread. I thought it would be appropriate here, also.

YouTube - Ebay Parody Song - Weird Al Yankovic

Old 05-31-2010, 04:54 PM

3,585 posts, read 464,294 times
Herefornow

love it

Old 06-19-2010, 10:07 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,533,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I don't know why you typed what you typed, as I am not interested in tongues, or voodoo, or any other such foolishness (I do not go to a church building, and am not interested in tongues or whatever it is that they preach in the churches these days).

But, the doctrine of devils was also about telling people that they could not marry or eat certain foods. Not many people think about that when they start telling people like myself, a believer in the Restoration of All Things, that they are under a delusion!

Really???

Anyhow, the study of Babylon is a very interesting and fascinating subject for me. I am not interested in what different denominations make of it. I am interested in what the SPIRIT makes of it.

I will discuss more on this tomorrow as my husband wants the computer back. And, I must obey him, good wife that I am.
The reason why I had typed what I had typed is the whole identity of what Babylon represents.

"Let us make a name for ourselves" was the defiant agreement in not spreading out across the world as the Lord commanded, thus leading to what? The confusing of language: hence Babylon. For an accurate wording:

Genesis 11:4And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. 5And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. 6And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. 7Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. 8So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. 9Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

"We the People" can be seen as saying the same thing in this "Let us make a name for ourselves."

Being how the confounding of language was the origin of Babel, and Babylon USA is much for broadening the way for any of its citizens in approaching God in the freedom of speech and freedon of religion: we see the practise of braodening the way in approaching God the Father other than coming to the Son: hence offering another door to the Holy Spirit for the believers to enter in as if Jesus is not our resting place after all.

But Jesus is our resting place: Matthew 11:28-30

And the results of climbing up another way is getting that strong delusion: the stranger's voice as in tongues without interpretation for believing the lie that there is another spirit to receive: hence recieving the Holy Spirit again:

The faith is you have Him at salvation or you do not. The glory of God through Jesus Christ is that we have received Him as promised by faith and that is how and why we are to be witnesses of the Son, the Good News to man: not the day of Pentecost as if that is a repeatable event in the life of a believer like in the Hollywood movie: Groundhog Day.

Those that seek after familiar spirits that peep and mutter would fit right in with those brothers and sisters that go astray from the faith in seeking after a sign by climbing up another way: hence around the Son and directly to the Holy Spirit as if He is the Mediator and not the Comforter.

2 Timothy 2: 16But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. Suffering a thief to break through is what causes a believer to not being chaste in that relationship with the Bridegroom Whom is the Son.

2 Timothy 2:18Who concerning the truth have erred, ............; and overthrow the faith of some. 19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 22Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 24And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

The solution?

Luke 13:24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. 6This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them. 7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door:

So it is on the identity of Babylon, its origin and its relations to languages that I associated the false teaching of seeking to receive the Holy Spirit again just to speak in tongues that comes with no interpretation: and there are those that think they are speaking in tongues, but the interpreters are lying. Any tongue gained by seeking to receive the Holy Spirit again is the grand delusion for believing the lie when there is only one hope of our calling: as in one baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

No mistake: there is only one drink of the One Spirit and we are filled as promised by Jesus Christ for coming to and believing in Him.

1 Corinthians 12: 13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

John 6: 35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Matthew 9: 17Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

That is how we are witnesses of the Son as the Holy Spirit is leading us to do in seeking the glory of the Son and thereby the Father. We cannot bear witness of something else in His name in glorifying the name of the "Spirit" in the comings and goings thereof which is after the rudiments of the world in how they seek after spirits:

John 14: 16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

An adulterous generation seeketh after a sign and believers depart from faith when they seek to receive the Holy Spirit by a sign of speaking in tongues: hence the babbling. These are believers that already have the Holy Spirit upon salvation, but now, they have departed from faith for a babbling tongue that profiteth them not for it edifieth them not as it is unfruitful for they understand it not.

2 Corinthians 13:5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Being how the RCC created the Nicene creed, the broadening of the way has begun and being done in ecumenical format, believers are not discerning the lies within the creed because Jesus is the Giver of Life: not the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit does not seek to be worshipped with the Father and the Son since He will not speak of Himself as He seeks to lead us to testify of the Son in seeking His glory and thereby the glory of the Father for behold the mind of Christ we are to have:

Philippians 2:5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Colossians 3: 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Even prayers are to be done in honouring the Son:

John 14:13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

That is why Jesus said this: not just for eternal life, but in having that relationship with the Father through the Son: when we learn to know the Son, the we are learning in getting to know the Father.

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

That is that standard of judgment that is coming on the House of God at the pre tribulational rapture event:

John 5: 22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

The Father cannot be honoured nor glorified except through the Son Whom the Holy Spirit is leading us to do as the Holy Spirit will not speak of Himself when testifying of the Son so as to seek the glory of the Son.

John 13:31Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.

John 16: 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

So all the fruits of righteousness and the gifts of the Spirit are from Jesus.

Philippians 1:Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: ... 9And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

So as all eyes are to be on the Son, looking for the Bridegroom as a chaste bride of Christ by His grace and help, believers should ask the Good Shepherd to prune away those words, babblings, and practises that do not represent the faith but serves something else in His name in seeking the glory other than the Son's. We are to be witnesses of the Son in seeking His glory and thereby the glory of the Father. Amen.

So essentially, the babbling of Babylon due to rebellion is also another babbling of Babylon as it relates to the Gentile churches in its rebellion by departing from faith in believing the lie of receiving the Holy Spirit again and since USA is the center of the media outreach in His name of these false teachings: we can see why the times of the Gentiles has to come to an end as the despenation of the Gospel goes back to the Jews, the 144,000 witnesses, after the pre trib rapture.

May God cause the increase and recover the elect from the snare of the devil by relating to God through the Son to stand apart from the world to be witnesses of the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, Whose name is above every other name.

And since God will lose none, it is better to seek His prunings now and not later lest losing out on attending the marriage supper where there will be weeping and ganshing of teeth: but God will wipe the tears from their eyes in getting over that loss: but it is plain: no believer wants to be left behind in becoming that vessel unto dishonour in His House.

2 Timothy 2:10Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. 14Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Last edited by Enow; 06-19-2010 at 10:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity