Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 11:31 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
And, don't forget Matthew 12:41. The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment of THIS GENERATION and condemn (judge) it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now one greater than Jonah is here.

How does preterism explain that?
Easily......The men of Ninevah were pentinent...and given the right to judge, the nation of Israel, which culminated in their demise in 70AD. Just as the Queen of the South was given the authority to judge in the same dialogue of Matthew 12 and Luke 11.

herefornow,

It isn't so much as the date 70 AD, which is very relevant to the close of the Mosaic Age, but rather the focus is in the demise of the temple, and that is the centerpiece of all these events surrounded....including the second coming, and the resurrection of the dead and the judgements seat of Daniel 7 and Revelation 20. Those reigning, the first resurrection saints, are given this authority, and it is obvious, Christ named the men of Ninevah and the queen of the south, partaking in this over the 12 tribes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 01:45 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Easily......The men of Ninevah were pentinent...and given the right to judge, the nation of Israel, which culminated in their demise in 70AD. Just as the Queen of the South was given the authority to judge in the same dialogue of Matthew 12 and Luke 11.

herefornow,

It isn't so much as the date 70 AD, which is very relevant to the close of the Mosaic Age, but rather the focus is in the demise of the temple, and that is the centerpiece of all these events surrounded....including the second coming, and the resurrection of the dead and the judgements seat of Daniel 7 and Revelation 20. Those reigning, the first resurrection saints, are given this authority, and it is obvious, Christ named the men of Ninevah and the queen of the south, partaking in this over the 12 tribes.
Wow. Oh well. We can agree to disagree, then. Thanks for posting on my thread.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Wow. Oh well. We can agree to disagree, then. Thanks for posting on my thread.
Right on sister? You are a woman correct?

None of us have it down, but I believe in time, 15, 30, 50, 100, or a 1000 years from now, the church will eventually be united. Remeber, we are mankind, and we are always.......in error.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Right on sister? You are a woman correct?

None of us have it down, but I believe in time, 15, 30, 50, 100, or a 1000 years from now, the church will eventually be united. Remeber, we are mankind, and we are always.......in error.
Yep, I'm a sister.

Always in error. Eventually be united. Yes....... I'll keep these things in mind.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:15 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Well said meerkat.......herefornow...you are too busy trying to "see" these things, when Christ never said, they were going to be "seen"..but rather.....ὀφθαλμὸς ...which consistently denotes.....

Seeing with the heart and mind....IOW...knowing.

It is about discerning for ourselves ...... all of us personally

I am at where Herefornow is "listening" with the heart and mind ..... we are not given all truth at once and it is only as we are able accept it.........

IMO - unless someone sees it exactly as you see it it is not real to you -- but the Holy Spirit (should) work in all of us (that he has called - if you have the desire to seek --- you are called) leading us as we are capable of understanding ....... that is where I see that even though you and mike say that you both are led by the Holy Spirit and have received the truth ........ I can see that you infact are not "one"

oops {{edit}} at times this is how you come across -- I just read the post where you said that we all do not have all the truth...... sorry!!

I see truth in both futurism and preterism just not" the absolute truth" in both

Quote:
Joh 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
Joh 17:10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
Joh 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Joh 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post

I am at where Herefornow is "listening" with the heart and mind ..... we are not given all truth at once and it is only as we are able accept it.........
meerkat, you are wise. This statement rings home for all of us. God works His good work in us as He sees fit, and sometimes He spoon feeds us formula, and other times, He rams an entire cow down our throat, but most of the time He gives us a well balanced meal.

It all depends on how we, personally and individually, can accept it, let alone take it down

Quote:
I see truth in both futurism and preterism just not" the absolute truth" in both
I agree with you, but I lean fully, as you know, a Full Pret, but I don't even think all the leaders of the Full Prets, have got it right.
There is so much to learn. As I say:

Stay busy in the Word!

Old 05-29-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
meerkat, you are wise. This statement rings home for all of us. God works His good work in us as He sees fit, and sometimes He spoon feeds us formula, and other times, He rams an entire cow down our throat, but most of the time He gives us a well balanced meal.

It all depends on how we, personally and individually, can accept it, let alone take it down

I agree with you, but I lean fully, as you know, a Full Pret, but I don't even think all the leaders of the Full Prets, have got it right.
There is so much to learn. As I say:

Stay busy in the Word!
Thank you -- however .......I am not wise just trying to "listen". at times there is "static" mixed with clear reception

What I wonder and suspect is that babylon is alive and well in christianity/religion and in all of us personally in the carnal nature. The scriptures have multiple "layers" and what was being told to physical "Israel" is also on some level to be understood by spiritual "Israel" there are blessings and curses given to the physical and spiritual

You think Revelation was only given to those physically alive pre 70AD but there is another "layer"

Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

As well as Revelation being relevant to them --- it is relevant to those who have "ears" to "hear" and I believe that just as we need to notice that those things were shortly to happen ......... that it also says that the things are going to be hereafter

Judgment started at the House of God (physical Israel) but continues with the spiritual.....

It seems 'christians' want to take the blessings "I believe therefore I am saved" but ignore the curses or try to work to keep our salvation parcelling everything up into opposing doctrines.

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Thank you -- however .......I am not wise just trying to "listen". at times there is "static" mixed with clear reception

What I wonder and suspect is that babylon is alive and well in christianity/religion and in all of us personally in the carnal nature. The scriptures have multiple "layers" and what was being told to physical "Israel" is also on some level to be understood by spiritual "Israel" there are blessings and curses given to the physical and spiritual

You think Revelation was only given to those physically alive pre 70AD but there is another "layer"

Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

As well as Revelation being relevant to them --- it is relevant to those who have "ears" to "hear" and I believe that just as we need to notice that those things were shortly to happen ......... that it also says that the things are going to be hereafter

Judgment started at the House of God (physical Israel) but continues with the spiritual.....

It seems 'christians' want to take the blessings "I believe therefore I am saved" but ignore the curses or try to work to keep our salvation parcelling everything up into opposing doctrines.

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
I understand what you are saying. Basically just about everything, every story, every judgement and blessing can be applied corporately and individually in the Christian life. However, where I think we differ, is that redemption, justification and fulfillment has ceased. What is left in the scriptures in regards to eschatology and consummation of the kingdom, for me, it is a past event, that is indeed perpetual in its growth, but its accomplishment in design, is complete.

Full Preterism is also known as Fulfilled Covenantal Eschatology.
The fulfillment is about the covenant and kingdom, however, we do not deny modern miracles, healings, or gifts of the Spirit, but we do also recognize the uniqueness of the sign gifts present in the Apostolic ministry of the first century.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:47 PM

(I couldn't resist. It is a thread about Babylon, after all.)

How can we sing King Alpha's song in a strange land?

I think this song was originally done by the Melodians.

By the rivers of Babylon
Where he sat down
And there he wept when he remembered Zion.

Oh from wicked, carry us away from captivity
Required from us a song

So let the words of our mouth
And the meditations of our hearts
Be acceptable in thy sight
O-override

By the rivers of Babylon
Where he sat down
And there he wept when he remembered Zion.

Oh from wicked, carry us away from captivity
Required from us a song

By The Rivers Of Babylon

YouTube - Sublime - Rivers of Babylon

The video below is the same song, different group; by the German disco band Boney M.

YouTube - Boney M : Rivers of Babylon

Last edited by herefornow; 05-30-2010 at 04:17 PM..

Old 05-30-2010, 04:10 PM

Thanks herefornow

The boney m one had me in tears
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity