Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 03:03 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
a Christian is a "little Christ."
Christ loved sinners and he died for them.
If I am a Christian, then I must be willing to do the same. Are we willing to die for the lost?
Some say no. How can a Christian be different than Christ?
Aren't we supposed to have the mind of Christ?

After Jesus leads us to his cross, let's let him lead us to Our cross!

Are we ready?

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 04:54 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Who are Christians?, but Christ like... Who is Christ? but Holy Spirit... Who is Jesus Christ? but Jesus of Holy Spirit....Ask The Lord God for the baptism of Jesus Holy Spirit where all power from Heaven for believers comes from and through this baptism of Holy Spirit believers get the mind of Jesus Christ for there lives and for their ministries In Christ,,, Who is Lord God? , but the creator of all power of Jesus Christ... Father God Son and Holy Spirit all one God and one purpose... Glory to God.....

Old 05-22-2010, 05:07 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,438,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi everyone,
If I am a Christian, then I must be willing to do the same. Are we willing to die for the lost?

Are we ready?

Blessings,
brian
Christ died once and for all men. That all men might be saved. We are not commanded to die for the lost. Jesus has already done this. We are required to be faithful witnesses of Jesus Christ. To tell people what Jesus has already done. Jesus commanded us; go into all the world and preach the gospel, making disciples and baptising them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

So, as Christians (little christs) we are to follow Jesus and tell people about him, not be him. The term Christian was a derogatory name given to people who followed the teachings of Jesus, so to say we must be little Christians is absurd. It would be like saying if someone called you "dumb" that you then felt you had to not speak and be dumb. That would be absurd!

So, we do not need to die for the lost. Jesus did this. We can tell the lost that they are dying and need Jesus, this would be appropriate.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:56 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,867,470 times
The mind of Christ:

Philippians 2: 5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

John 14: 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Colossians 3:16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

John 5:22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Yet, churches have broaden the way in approaching God the Father by adding to the Son, the route of the Holy Spirit and yet no invitation nor door has been offered to go to the Holy Spirit because it is by way of Jesus Chrst we have received the Spirit of promise by faith:

Galatians 3:14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. ...26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 11: 1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.... 6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Ephesians 1: 11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. 15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

And yet people are talking about the Holy Spirit in seeking the glory of the name of the Holy Spirit when the Holy Spirit in them would not lead them to do that as He seeks to testify of the Son in seeking the glory of the Son.

John 16: 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

John 15:26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

But it seems the name of the Holy Spirit is being lifted up and called upon and addressed and glorified in these movements of the Spirit, thus proving by the scriptures, that they are not having the mind of Christ and certainly not listening to the Holy Spirit in them let alone what scriptures has testfied of as kept by those that loved Him and His words in the King James Bible that we are to be witnesses of the Son in seeking His glory.

John 5:31If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

John 7:18He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

John 3:28Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30He must increase, but I must decrease.

Seems the real indwelling Holy Spirit is keeping in line with God's words and since He is God, He will not fail, so when believers are putting the spotlight on the Holy Spirit in worship and hymnals, they are not listening to the Holy Spirit in them nor the scriptures, but following man made traditions handed down by the RCC through the Nicene creed: which was done in ecumenical format and should be considered circumspect to deceptions and there is:

The Holy Spirit is not to be worshipped with the Father and the Son for the Holy Spirit by name does not seek that glory with the Son and the Father: Yes: The Holy Spirit is God, but scriptures plainly declared the role of the Holy Spirit is to seek the glory of the Son by estifying of Him and that is the mind of Christ we should have as no other name should be exlated above nor with Jesus' name ... not even the name of the Trinity because the will of God the Father is to honour the Son to glorify the Son for that is how we are honuring the Father and glorifying the Father.

If that is what the Holy Spirit that is sent to dwell in us is doing, to not speak of himself but to testify of the Son in seeking His glory, then by what spirit are believers are being led astray by in glorifying any other name in the worship place?

That is not having the mind of Christ.

So as much as the guantlet is cast forth to die in His name in following Christ as if that is the mind of Christ we are to have, mayhap, we should see if we are really having the mind of Christ when exposed to the supernatural. Are we believing every spirit and going with the flow and following the crowd, or... by His grace, are we going to remember what we heard in the beginning and return to our first love and seek the glory of the Son Whose name is above every other name, thus dying to pride and no longer identifying ourselves with the spectacular that denies Him and the faith that He is in us?

May God peradventure give knowledge unto repentance that He may recover some from the snare of the devil... because keeping the faith is the good fight which is a higher calling than just dying for your faith. Both can be done with Jesus' help, but the mind of Christ is to seek the glory of the Son as it is His name which is above every other name: but most churches are sleeping and not following the scriptures in having that mind of Christ.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi everyone,

Are we ready?

Blessings,
brian
Yes, I agree with you. We are to follow him. That means to take up our cross and follow him unto the obedience of death. It's not a popular view.
But in my heart, I want to be identified with Christ in his suffering.

Heartsong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity