U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:07 PM

2,779 posts, read 2,080,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
It's clear in the way scripture presents it. Maybe it was that you didn't like it... Right?

Here, let me give you another verse to think on:

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Well, I suppose I could have quoted the full chapter. However, a simple verse quote should be sufficient to take you to where I wanted you to go. You have a bible, right? You'll find it... .

Is there someone here who said He did?
Interesting...Jesus didn't actually say what you've added:

"Then and only then would they know the truth, and the truth would set them free."

Can you show me where Jesus said that?

Is there someone here that said faith did?
If a person, to begin with, is a slave to sin as Jesus said, how is he free to abide? Did you miss that part?

If you're a slave to sin, as Jesus said, how are you free to receive the truth? It's not until you're actually set free, that you'll receive Christ and His truth as in 1 Cor 2:14. The natural man cannot receive the things of the Spirit. Jesus said His words are spirit.

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Here is another verse to consider:

Jer 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

If you're dead in sin, how are you alive to believe spiritual things? Re read 1 Cor 2:14. The natural man cannot receive the things of the Spirit.

The idea here is that if you need to be set free, you're not really free to begin with. That should be obvious, right?

What might "sound" to you is not what is actually being said. It's kind of like the other "sounded like" argument you made in the Mark 16:16 thread, shown here:

Do you see how you're working your arguments? You're first defining what I mean, and then you're using that argument to discredit what I've actually said. Oily to say the least...lol...Nice try, ain't gonna work again here...lol

You mean like before, huh...you're really kind of greasy with that approach you know...lol

No.

No. However, all will be saved, in time.

For the natural man? No. You'll first need a new heart and spirit to believe spiritual things.

Good for you. However, what you believe concerning God's foreknowledge is not scriptural. And, the Gospel is a proclamation, not an offer.

Not simply wants, but wills. 1 Tim 2:4

Quite frankly, like one of the other posters I was confronted with, you're really kind of oily, greasy. When you clean yourself up, come back and maybe we'll have a discussion, OK?
Oily? Greasy? Maybe we'll have a discussion? Thanks but no thanks Alabama. I'll find someone else to discuss the subject with who can be more respectful. Frankly your last paragraph was a surprise to me. I thought you had more class but I guess not.

Katie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 03:58 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,315,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Oily? Greasy? Maybe we'll have a discussion? Thanks but no thanks Alabama. I'll find someone else to discuss the subject with who can be more respectful. Frankly your last paragraph was a surprise to me. I thought you had more class but I guess not.

Katie
I really don't think you wanted a discussion. You know that as well as I.

You're more interested in telling me what I think, re-packaging my words, putting a label on them, returning it to me, and then asking me to prove it from scripture...LOL...no, I guess we won't really have that discussion...

Don't be surprised...I call 'em as I see 'em...sorry if that offends you...take care!

Old 05-17-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
LOL...You've got a thousand and one different things going on in your mind...lol. I'll try and just focus on one thought at a time, OK?

When I have time (time being the operative word here) I'll address each of your concerns with scripture.

Take care.
Don't bother.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:06 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,392,881 times
Quote:
Don't bother.
So much for the resurrection of my way old thread!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
No kat...I have more to say on the subject. I was hoping to have a respectful discussion with someone on this topic. I think it is an interesting one and I thank you for starting the thread. I just find that when people start name calling, I have no desire to continue any discussion with them. Meanwhile, I am putting a post together on the way I see imputed righteousness and will put it up later when I finish with it. So don't give up on your thread just yet.

Katie

Old 05-18-2011, 11:25 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,315,071 times
Quote:
..I was hoping to have a respectful discussion with someone on this topic....I just find that when people start name calling, I have no desire to continue any discussion with them.
Respectful...?...lol...So, pejorative name branding (Calvinist) is considered acceptable by you when you have nothing to counter my posts?

No, I think you earned how I characterized it.

Not really sure why branding someone a Calvinist (of which I'm not) is actually looked down upon with such disgust and dismay (some, or perhaps even most of it is biblical), but it certainly is a way to derail ones posts by using the old "guilt by association"...

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 05-18-2011 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 06-06-2011, 02:18 PM

51 posts, read 55,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
katjonjj,

Imputed righteousness is the Rock on which we stretch out ourselves in rest.

Imputed righteousness is the Covering that is wide enough to cover us from the storm.

Rom 3:21-22
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:KJV

Isa 28:20
20 For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it. KJV

The bed is "unto us" and the covering is "upon us."

The imputed righteousness of God is the love of God, it is the birthright that Esau despised, though he eagerly desired the "blessing".

Our peace with God is in his imputed righteousness that he has given in his holy child, Jesus our Lord. Romans 5:1.

Then there is the grace we are given to enter, wherein we stand in hope of the glory of God. It must not be neglected. Romans 5:2-5.

Joe

Old 06-06-2011, 09:57 PM

37,546 posts, read 25,261,889 times
What is superstitiously referred to as imputed righteousness is simply the accomplishment of Christ in connecting His consciousness (Spirit) with God's consciousness (Spirit) in perfect resonance (Identity). Christ's perfect righteousness in "love of God and all of us" is the key. When we attune ourselves to "love of God and each other" we obtain a partial resonance (harmonic) with Christ's perfect righteousness and are thereby also connected to God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or