U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-26-2010, 01:59 PM
 
3,577 posts, read 454,899 times
Reputation: 385

Advertisements

[quote=ALMOST2L8;14349286]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

Bro it is!!

My OP is about much more than the little part I pulled out for that post. I was just trying to make a point. Not necessarily trying to make it a UR vs anyone debate. The second part of the verses on that post I believe is actually speaking of the denominational ET churches!! But that is for a later post!!!


GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Good marketing ploy actually ... if you do throw in the odd UR ET you will get lots of activity on your thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-26-2010, 02:06 PM
 
3,577 posts, read 454,899 times
Reputation: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Actually I do not believe in eternal torture so it would just be UR vs me!!

It does not say anything about judgement. It actually says that we will be tempted with hopes of reward as sinners!! Not that we will not be judged but that in the end we will be with God, and there is the hope!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
But when it says in verse 26 that the sinners will experience calamity that is a reference to judgment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 858,754 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
But when it says in verse 26 that the sinners will experience calamity that is a reference to judgment?
You're right!! But I was speaking of that particular post. As for the Calamity, it says that when judgement comes, that is when those who do NOT FEAR GOD will fear him, and He will mock them!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 03:40 PM
 
5,500 posts, read 4,417,820 times
Reputation: 5146
Proverbs 17:1 Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices and with strife...

Blessings...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 04:35 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,382,552 times
Reputation: 437
[quote=meerkat2;14349406]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post

Good marketing ploy actually ... if you do throw in the odd UR ET you will get lots of activity on your thread
My husband calls it cheap heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
You're right!! But I was speaking of that particular post. As for the Calamity, it says that when judgement comes, that is when those who do NOT FEAR GOD will fear him, and He will mock them!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
(Kind of like when the Baal worshipers were trying to get their god to listen to them and Samuel started mocking them and telling them that maybe their god was sitting on the toilet.)

But, I don't think that God is "mocking" in the sense that we understand it. He is not sitting up there laughing when calamity hits us.

Websters Dictionary has this definition for MOCK: To disappoint the hopes of.

It is probably MORE than frustrating when God sees people trying to worship things (money, power, etc) and ALWAYS end up killing and destroying the earth and each other.

God is in control of it all. So, "mocking" would mean that he will allow us to suffer consequences of our foolish actions. He let's us live through them, instead of fixing everything down here. It is all for a purpose.

Last edited by herefornow; 05-26-2010 at 04:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 04:46 PM
 
5,500 posts, read 4,417,820 times
Reputation: 5146
[quote=herefornow;14351649]
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post


God is in control of it all. So, "mocking" would mean that he will allow us to suffer consequences of our foolish actions. He let's us live through them, instead of fixing everything down here. It is all for a purpose.
In order that we may LEARN from our folly and finally surrender to HIS DIVINE WILL... then allow his LOVE to comfort and heal us spiritually!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 04:49 PM
 
3,577 posts, read 454,899 times
Reputation: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
In order that we may LEARN from our folly and finally surrender to HIS DIVINE WILL... then allow his LOVE to comfort and heal us spiritually!
Amen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,382,552 times
Reputation: 437
[quote=ans57;14351807]
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
In order that we may LEARN from our folly and finally surrender to HIS DIVINE WILL... then allow his LOVE to comfort and heal us spiritually!
(It looks like the quotes are getting a bit mixed up. My post did it too, for some reason)

I see what you are saying. We can go our own way and become full of pride and continue on, or we can put our weapons down and let that love help us move forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 858,754 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I don't think that God is "mocking" in the sense that we understand it. He is not sitting up there laughing when calamity hits us.
Interesting you should say that, when the verse in question says:

"I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh"

(PROVERBS 1:26)

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 05:00 PM
 
3,577 posts, read 454,899 times
Reputation: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

(It looks like the quotes are getting a bit mixed up. My post did it too, for some reason)

I see what you are saying. We can go our own way and become full of pride and continue on, or we can put our weapons down and let that love help us move forward.
Yes it was doing that to me - It seems to be putting 2 user names in the quotes, I deleted the second user name in mine - that fixed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top