U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-27-2010, 05:22 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,094,726 times
Reputation: 17785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Or those who never heard of Jesus -- they had no opportunity either.
I've read many of times of those who are of the universalism persuasion making this statement ...... where does it state in the scripture there will be those who never hear the gospel ? Please show me scripture that says this ?

Every thing I have read in scripture is opposite..... Where God will pour His Spirit out upon all men, especially in the last days !

Why does this belief doubt God not touching every single soul that is born with the gospel before they die? Are you not doubting what God can and will do ?? Yet, I hear many making that statement above when God says ......

For with God nothing will be impossible.” (Luke 1:37)

But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” (Luke 18:27)

He knows all things and is everywhere..... He is God and can/will show Himself to one even in the most remote places of this world, places one has no idea that it ever existed.
Come on, He is God !!! Don't put Him in a box, especially limiting Him to the human reasoning and logic .....

I don't understand it, when there are those who believe in universal reconciliation, yet they say God can't or won't be able to show Himself to everyone in this world.... before death and the judgment day !!!
I'm sorry, but I know God is of the impossible, why does one allow their hearts to so much doubt in what God said and will do....

Christ said,

So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. (Matt. 17:20)

Now that is the God I serve...... One that will and does touch every heart, showing Himself too them, in the way only He knows how to them, knowing that some will reject Him with His beautiful gift of salvation through His precious Son, Jesus Christ, our ultimate sacrifice for our awful sin !!!
A loving God who reigns on the just and the unjust, who is longsuffering and will seek that last one born !!

Blessings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-27-2010, 05:31 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,153,424 times
Reputation: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I disagree. People that kill their children don't have Christ in them, even though they think they are justifying and securing their salvation, like some have in our history. The whole purpose of Christ being in you, is to overcome sin, and defeat it.
Perhaps the idea is like this:

God throws children in fire, it's righteous. Man throws children in fire, it's sin.
Double standards, I think they call it..
If God wants us to be/act righteously, imitating Him, then just what are we supposed to do? Why did Jesus say to forgive, and not judge? Was it just an "act good for right now"-type thing?

That's why we read that God's ways are NOT are ways. Man likes to destroy, divide and condemn/judge. God, on the other hand, is a healer, a uniter, a justifier. He is on our side, not against us (contrary to popular belief).
ET is much more popular than UR. In fact, Christendom is probably 95% ET. Ever think about that?

Blessings to you,
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 05:35 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,153,424 times
Reputation: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
I've read many of times of those who are of the universalism persuasion making this statement ...... where does it state in the scripture there will be those who never hear the gospel ? Please show me scripture that says this ?

Every thing I have read in scripture is opposite..... Where God will pour His Spirit out upon all men, especially in the last days !

Why does this belief doubt God not touching every single soul that is born with the gospel before they die? Are you not doubting what God can and will do ?? Yet, I hear many making that statement above when God says ......

For with God nothing will be impossible.” (Luke 1:37)

But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” (Luke 18:27)

He knows all things and is everywhere..... He is God and can/will show Himself to one even in the most remote places of this world, places one has no idea that it ever existed.
Come on, He is God !!! Don't put Him in a box, especially limiting Him to the human reasoning and logic .....

I don't understand it, when there are those who believe in universal reconciliation, yet they say God can't or won't be able to show Himself to everyone in this world.... before death and the judgment day !!!
I'm sorry, but I know God is of the impossible, why does one allow their hearts to so much doubt in what God said and will do....

Christ said,

So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. (Matt. 17:20)

Now that is the God I serve...... One that will and does touch every heart, showing Himself too them, in the way only He knows how to them, knowing that some will reject Him with His beautiful gift of salvation through His precious Son, Jesus Christ, our ultimate sacrifice for our awful sin !!!
A loving God who reigns on the just and the unjust, who is longsuffering and will seek that last one born !!

Blessings
Hi Latte'Chic!

Personally, if God hadn't intervened in my life, I never would have "found" Him either!
I was just as lost as my buddies at school, that's why I can't condemn them. It was God who found me, not vice versa.

Blessings to ya',
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 05:49 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,094,726 times
Reputation: 17785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi Latte'Chic!

Personally, if God hadn't intervened in my life, I never would have "found" Him either!
I was just as lost as my buddies at school, that's why I can't condemn them. It was God who found me, not vice versa.

Blessings to ya',
Brian
How do you really truly know that "I never would have "found" Him either!"
Ah, yet, He came to you..... didn't He ? Never say, never !!

Now please show me the scripture that says...... " there will be those who never hear the gospel,"

Thank you, I appreciate it !

The way I see and understand it, if it is true it will be written in the scripture !!!

Blessings....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 05:53 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,153,424 times
Reputation: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
How do you really truly know that "I never would have "found" Him either!"
Ah, yet, He came to you..... didn't He ? Never say, never !!

Now please show me the scripture that says...... " there will be those who never hear the gospel,"

Thank you, I appreciate it !

The way I see it, if it is true it will be written in the scripture !!!

Blessings....
I know because I wasn't interested in the things of God!
I don't know where I would've ended up, but it wasn't going well at all..

I'd say that we all have "the Word" down in our hearts, but it takes God to resurrect it in us. Until then, we're all just plain lost.

Blessings!
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 06:13 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,094,726 times
Reputation: 17785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I know because I wasn't interested in the things of God!
I don't know where I would've ended up, but it wasn't going well at all..

I'd say that we all have "the Word" down in our hearts, but it takes God to resurrect it in us. Until then, we're all just plain lost.

Blessings!
Brian

No, no, no, show me the scripture !!!

Still, regardless what your human reasoning said and is saying in your reply, He still came to you, right ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 06:20 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,153,424 times
Reputation: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
No, no, no, show me the scripture !!!

Still, regardless what your human reasoning said and is saying in your reply, He still came to you, right ?
Yes, He came to me. I was alone, and He set me free, although I didn't know who He was. After, He led me to repentance.

Now, some 20 years later, I'm here, chatting to you!

The scriptures do say that the word has gone into all the world. I think there are indeed people in the world however who have never heard of Jesus Christ nor TBN.

But they will know Him, He is meek and lowly and He heals the broken-hearted.

TBN a bit less so.


Blessings!
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 06:24 AM
 
Location: On a road heaven bound !
10,290 posts, read 8,094,726 times
Reputation: 17785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Yes, He came to me. I was alone, and He set me free, although I didn't know who He was. After, He led me to repentance.

Now, some 20 years later, I'm here, chatting to you!

The scriptures do say that the word has gone into all the world. I think there are indeed people in the world however who have never heard of Jesus Christ nor TBN.

But they will know Him, He is meek and lowly and He heals the broken-hearted.

TBN a bit less so.


Blessings!
Brian
We're not talking about TBN !! So don't try to distract from the my questions.

What makes you so special and there are thousands and thousands who are just as lost as you were and yet you are stating He will not go to other human beings, but He did for you ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 07:29 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,153,424 times
Reputation: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
We're not talking about TBN !! So don't try to distract from the my questions.

What makes you so special and there are thousands and thousands who are just as lost as you were and yet you are stating He will not go to other human beings, but He did for you ?
It does look as though He is not doing what He has done to/for me. True.
That's why I can't judge anyone! I was as lost as anyone else. Yet they haven't had the same experiences. So to me, they are not guilty.

Hope this made sense..

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2010, 07:53 AM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,454,428 times
Reputation: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
I've read many of times of those who are of the universalism persuasion making this statement ...... where does it state in the scripture there will be those who never hear the gospel ? Please show me scripture that says this ?

Every thing I have read in scripture is opposite..... Where God will pour His Spirit out upon all men, especially in the last days !

Why does this belief doubt God not touching every single soul that is born with the gospel before they die? Are you not doubting what God can and will do ?? Yet, I hear many making that statement above when God says ......

For with God nothing will be impossible.” (Luke 1:37)

But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” (Luke 18:27)

He knows all things and is everywhere..... He is God and can/will show Himself to one even in the most remote places of this world, places one has no idea that it ever existed.
Come on, He is God !!! Don't put Him in a box, especially limiting Him to the human reasoning and logic .....

I don't understand it, when there are those who believe in universal reconciliation, yet they say God can't or won't be able to show Himself to everyone in this world.... before death and the judgment day !!!
I'm sorry, but I know God is of the impossible, why does one allow their hearts to so much doubt in what God said and will do....

Christ said,

So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. (Matt. 17:20)

Now that is the God I serve...... One that will and does touch every heart, showing Himself too them, in the way only He knows how to them, knowing that some will reject Him with His beautiful gift of salvation through His precious Son, Jesus Christ, our ultimate sacrifice for our awful sin !!!
A loving God who reigns on the just and the unjust, who is longsuffering and will seek that last one born !!

Blessings

Hi Latte, I see what you are saying.

But aren't you putting God in a box when you say He won't be able to save everyone (due to man's alleged free will), even though you believe He reveals Himself to everyone in this life? The same argument applies: with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible - including saving all men, even though it may not seem apparent to us.

Now I don't believe God reveals Himself to everyone in this life, because if He did, all would be following Him. But He does this for a purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top