Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 12:58 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,223,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Well when I seen your reply, I knew exactly what you were going to say..... after two & half years posting here you get to know certain poster's and just what they are going to post !!

And no, how could I be putting God in a box when the word of God teaches not all men will receive Jesus Christ, because they love their evil ways more then knowing the truth of their sin..... John 3, Rom.1 & 2 for starts teach this, oh, there are so many scripture teaching not all men will be saved. And many individuals have posted every one of them, thread after thread. And I do believe those God is leading who is seeking Him will open those threads to them !! There is not a shadow of doubt in my heart !

Now is the day of salvation..... for this is what the scripture teaches, not later or another time, especially after death !!

II Cor.6:2
For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

Hebrews 3:15
As has just been said: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion."

Hebrews 4:7
Therefore God again set a certain day, calling it Today, when a long time later he spoke through David, as was said before: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts."

Psalm 74:12
But you, O God, are my king from of old; you bring salvation upon the earth.

Isaiah 45:8
"You heavens above, rain down righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness grow with it; I, the LORD, have created it.

Isaiah 49:6
he says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

Not just some...... legoman !!

Also.....
Luke 3:6
And all mankind will see God's salvation.' "

Acts 13:47
For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' "

1 Chronicles 16:23
Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day.

And we see this done all over the earth, TV, Billboards, Newspaper advertisement, Books, Internet, people are proclaiming God one way or another all over the world.

Psalm 40:10
I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.

Lot's of folks doing this..... missionaries, the believers all over the world. Everyone has a friend and they have a friend......

What bothers me is what I highlighted...... because, legoman, you're denying or blinded to a whole bunch of the scripture that speaks opposite of this universalist position.
In which doesn't surprise me because the doctrine many adhere to is not of God and not taught in the scripture ! This isolating and taking scripture out of context is awful and do know it breaks the Father's heart.

Just like I said to Brian, what makes you and other's so much more special or privileged that God is only going to show you, now, while your still alive walking on this earth... and not other's ?
See that is where you put God in the box, when He is reaching out to the whole world right now, He is longsuffering, patient in bringing the good news to all men now, the scripture speak & teaches this..... even while I am writing this, some one is getting saved !! Hallelujah !!!

Please DON'T give me the "He's got a purpose" well His purpose is now, not later to save people from their sin !!!
Many who deny this now will see the truth later on and in that day when Christ comes to judge the world. And because of teaching a false doctrine the shame and weeping many will be doing because of all those they led astray from the truth because of their fear of what God has said He will do to those who continue to reject Him and not hate their sin !!!

Psalm 67
1 May God be gracious to us and bless us
and make his face shine upon us,
Selah
2 that your ways may be known on earth,
your salvation among all nations.
3 May the peoples praise you, O God;
may all the peoples praise you.
4 May the nations be glad and sing for joy,
for you rule the peoples justly
and guide the nations of the earth.
Selah
5 May the peoples praise you, O God;
may all the peoples praise you.
6 Then the land will yield its harvest,
and God, our God, will bless us.
7 God will bless us,
and all the ends of the earth will fear him.

The whole Bible, OT & NT shouts this message that God is speaking to the whole world now, not later !!!!
Listen, I will not answer any more of your post with there false accusations, and argue with you over the word of God !! I know that it does not please the Lord......

It's just sad and breaks my heart that you and other's allowed your fears to take you away from God's precious truth !! And claiming it is God's love that you follow now, it isn't, you have denied the living God of all Creation His right to His Holy justice against sin, and proclaim a false god in His name !!

Your a pretty nice guy.... legoman and I hate seeing this happen....

Blessings to you.....
Amen Latte. Praying, praying, praying......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 01:32 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Absolutly yes. If not, there is no reason for
  • the written word
  • loving your neighbor
  • Jesus commanding his disciples to make disciples...
  • Jesus speaking\warning about hell, judgement, false teachers, and lack of faith
  • Hate(ing) what is evil
  • being sexually pure
  • having faith at all

Old 05-28-2010, 01:37 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Let me ask everyone this question, why in the temple ordinance for the Day of Atonement, was there a goat sent out in the wilderness?

Old 05-28-2010, 01:44 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Let me ask everyone this question, why in the temple ordinance for the Day of Atonement, was there a goat sent out in the wilderness?
Doesn't it have something to do with the goat carried away their sin on his back ??? Has something to do with that saying, "the escape goat" ?

Old 05-28-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Doesn't it have something to do with the goat carried away their sin on his back ??? Has something to do with that saying, "the escape goat" ?
Yes Latte...here is the verse...now keep in mind, Christ fulfilled the Law, He did not destroy it.

And when he has made an end of atoning for the Holy Place, the tabernacle of meeting, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat. Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, confess over it all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions, concerning all their sins, putting them on the head of the goat, and shall send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a suitable man. The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to an uninhabited land; and he shall release the goat in the wilderness...And he who released the goat as the scapegoat shall wash his clothes and bathe his body in water, and afterward he may come into the camp (Leviticus 16:20-22,26).

Confession is a must for their sins.

Once you die, and your "members" are no more, the ability to sin is gone. You are nothing left but spirit to be judged. If you are in Christ, you were clothed with an eternal, heavenly "tabernacle" 2 Cor 5 over your spirit. Once you die, without Christ, that heavenly tabernacle never clothed your spirit, for it is written: The corruptible must PUT on the incorruptible.......if you are dead, the corruptible is non-existent. For sin nature is represented in your flesh - James 4:1 and if your flesh is dead, and you have not PUT on the incorruptible and died with Christ and was raised with Him upon confession, then you are simply, out of luck.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:19 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Yes Latte...here is the verse...now keep in mind, Christ fulfilled the Law, He did not destroy it.

And when he has made an end of atoning for the Holy Place, the tabernacle of meeting, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat. Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, confess over it all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions, concerning all their sins, putting them on the head of the goat, and shall send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a suitable man. The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to an uninhabited land; and he shall release the goat in the wilderness...And he who released the goat as the scapegoat shall wash his clothes and bathe his body in water, and afterward he may come into the camp (Leviticus 16:20-22,26).

Once you die, and your "members" are no more, the ability to sin is gone. You are nothing left but spirit to be judged. If you are in Christ, you were clothed with an eternal, heavenly "tabernacle" 2 Cor 5 over your spirit. Once you die, without Christ, that heavenly tabernacle never clothed your spirit, for it is written: The corruptible must PUT on the incorruptible.......if you are dead, the corruptible is non-existent. For sin nature is represented in your flesh - James 4:1 and if your flesh is dead, and you have not PUT on the incorruptible and died with Christ and was raised with Him upon confession, then you are simply, out of luck.
Amen.... Thank you for the scripture reference.
I had read it many years ago and couldn't remember just exactly where it was. But I knew it had to do with what you are stating..... and totally agree with your post !!

Blessings

Old 05-29-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Amen.... Thank you for the scripture reference.
I had read it many years ago and couldn't remember just exactly where it was. But I knew it had to do with what you are stating..... and totally agree with your post !!

Blessings
Blessings to you as well.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:54 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:

Who confessed the sins of the children of Israel ?

Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess (which can only be done by the Spirit) , to claim God will force those who did not believe in this life to bow and confess , you are in desperate need of help in seeing who God really is .

Last edited by pcamps; 05-30-2010 at 05:07 AM..

Old 06-04-2010, 05:01 PM

26 posts, read 24,201 times
To confess Christ as Lord, it mean you have to be slave to him. And if you are slave to him you will fallow his command. If you really beleive Christ is God, then you will be save and will want to fallow him. You won`t be the same person than before. It`s not work salvation because you won`t gaine anything by it, but you will want to fallow him because he saved you and died for you in the cross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity