Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 01:02 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times

Advertisements

Paul said if only in this life we have hope in Christ we are of all men most misserable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 02:41 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Words cannot describle how weary I am of discussing the truth and/or falsehood of Universalism.

I'd rather talk to brick, quite frankly. (not you per se, but to any Universalist on the subject)
I understand, its ok. Take care and be well. And if you have a moment, pray for the health of my Dad.

Later...

Old 05-26-2010, 02:48 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I understand, its ok. Take care and be well. And if you have a moment, pray for the health of my Dad.

Later...
I don't know what's wrong, but I'll pray for him lego.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:25 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I don't know what's wrong, but I'll pray for him lego.
I am praying too Lego.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 05-26-2010 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-26-2010, 10:10 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Actually it does, but not in so many words. If you'll remember the events of Passover, only one person (the head of the household) was required to take the blood of the slain lamb and apply it to the jambs and along the lintel of the door to their house. Only one needed to do it:

Exo 12:21 And Moses calleth for all the elders of Israel, and saith unto them, `Draw out and take for yourselves from the flock, for your families, and slaughter the passover-sacrifice;
Exo 12:22 and ye have taken a bunch of hyssop, and have dipped it in the blood which is in the basin, and have struck it on the lintel, and on the two side-posts, from the blood which is in the basin, and ye, ye go not out each from the opening of his house till morning.
Exo 12:23 `And Jehovah hath passed on to smite the Egyptians, and hath seen the blood on the lintel, and on the two side-posts, and Jehovah hath passed over the opening, and doth not permit the destruction to come into your houses to smite.

Those who where within the house (old or young, weak or strong, of faith or not) were saved from death. Do you remember what Paul told the jailer in Acts, "thou and thy house"? The same principle applied.

Act 16:31 and they said, `Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved--thou and thy house;

This same principle is also applied to the world, the household for whom the lamb of God is slain. Here it is:

Joh 1:29 on the morrow John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, `Lo, the Lamb of God, who is taking away the sin of the world;

The Lamb of God was slain for the world. And how do we know who this world belongs to? Well, God Himself tells us who owns it:

Psa 24:1 THE earth is the LORD’s, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

The LORD owns the world, and they that dwell therein. God owns the household for whom the lamb was slain. And how do we know God applied the blood of the Lamb to the world household? Right here:

2Co 5:19 how that God was in Christ--a world reconciling to Himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses; and having put in us the word of the reconciliation,

The world's sins, your sins and my sins, are gone. Our sins are not imputed, not reckoned to us.

Here is what David said concerning it:

Rom 4:7 `Happy they whose lawless acts were forgiven, and whose sins were covered;
Rom 4:8 happy the man to whom the Lord may not reckon sin.'

Believe it Sciota.
Alabama,

Your usage of "thou and thy household" is a little eisegetical IMO. What that specific scripture, as realized again from what transpired during the first passover, is merely salvation to a house being an exceedingly precious idea as stated, yet expressing the new air that would proceed from the gospel and breathe into it, and the new impulses of the gospel would proceed from its head which would reach the members of the house hold ( Cross ref. Luke 19:9-10; Psa 118:15; Act 16:15, 16, and 31 ). In Acts 16, the jailer’s household was not saved merely because he was, but that Paul came and spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. They were all saved because they all trust the word of God and the Jesus revealed to us through the word.

Verse 33-42 And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized. Now when he had brought them into his house, he set food before them; and he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household.

Again Alabama, it must take a clear conscious decision to be saved from your sin, and surrender unto Christ. Unless you aren't capable of making this decision IMO, although the scriptures don't really teach this, and this is mere speculation on my part in regards to David's newborn son's death and his comfort, it is assumed that children, or those young enough to never have the opportunity to make this decision, will not perish.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:04 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Again Alabama, it must take a clear conscious decision to be saved from your sin, and surrender unto Christ. Unless you aren't capable of making this decision IMO, although the scriptures don't really teach this, and this is mere speculation on my part in regards to David's newborn son's death and his comfort, it is assumed that children, or those young enough to never have the opportunity to make this decision, will not perish.
If that were true then killing children and abortion would be a GOOD thing to save them from the eternal fate of burning in hell or annihilation. So that just logically wouldn't make sense. IMO

Old 05-27-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
If that were true then killing children and abortion would be a GOOD thing to save them from the eternal fate of burning in hell or annihilation. So that just logically wouldn't make sense. IMO
Huh? Do you know disturbed that sounds?

Old 05-27-2010, 01:44 AM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:

Or those who never heard of Jesus -- they had no opportunity either.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:54 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
Huh? Do you know disturbed that sounds?
Honestly, the doctrine of eternal torture in the fires of hell is MUCH more disturbing.

Saving a human being from being lit on fire for all eternity is quite noble, if you ask me. And, in the minds of mom's who believe that their chidren are going the wrong way and will be lit on fire forever, this makes perfect sense to kill them so they will be safe with God forever; full of happiness and joy!!

It's just plain ol' common sense and mother-bear type thinking.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Or those who never heard of Jesus -- they had no opportunity either.
Like I said, this doctrine is found nowhere in the scriptures, and is pure assumption on our part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity