U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:43 AM

1,405 posts, read 2,114,032 times

Advertisements

According to my SDA friends, I have rejected the Sabbath truth, by not keeping the Sabbath . .. . therefore, they feel that my name has been blotted out of the Book of Life, and are praying that I go back to SDA/Sabbath keeping.

They feel that I learned the "truth" and rejected it . . . . . . what I learned was Jesus is our Sabbath rest . . . . and I read the history and background of why they keep the Sabbath . . . and I felt it was "works"

They feel that people who love Jesus that don't know, or were not given the "light" will go to heaven . . . but someone like me, who once kept the Sabbath, will no longer be able to live eternally with my father.

I'ts amazing . . . . . . I was guiding my children to this faith . . . I am so glad that I received God's wisdom and discernment for myself . . . . and got out of legalism . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 01:10 PM

223 posts, read 248,396 times
L64

EGW also says that all those that REJECT her writings/messages on the 1844 SANCTUARY, will have their USESLESS prayers answered by SATAN and will loose their SALVATION. Many SDA believe this LIE and are too afraid to leave the SDA movement. EGW has manufactured a LIE to keep the SDA trapped in!! This is why the membership is growing and don't reduce. EASY to get in but very hard to get OUT because of fear on her warnings.

Some SDA's are too ashamed of the above warnings by EGW and will deny the warnings exist! For this reason they will not engage on any discusions on fragile issues especailly the issues that are blatently in error or untruths!

I will be accused for being judgmental and they will use any tactics to stiffle discusions that proves EGW is a liar and a false prophet.

John

Old 06-02-2010, 01:51 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,694,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
i was one of them for 21yrs.
Praise God that you left.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Praise God that you left.
We praise GOD for giving us receptive hearts.

We= My wife and I and 5 kids. We are ALL out! And also some of our friends came out after we showed them our seasons. The rest said we have disowned GOD and his Salvation plan.
Some called us disciples of SATAN because we showed others the truth that caused them to leave.

J

Old 06-02-2010, 02:23 PM

Did JESUS sacrifice blot out our sins at the CROSS?

SDA CHURCH PROPHET SAYS NO!

EGW NO "The work of the investigative judgment and the blotting out of sin is to be accomplished before the second advent of our Lord" (GC 4 58) .

EGW NO "At the time appointed for the judgment - the close of the 2300 days in 1844 - began the work of investigation and blotting out of sins." (Christ in His Sanctuary 122).

She said if you reject the above teachings /revelations of GOD , are prayers are useless and SATAN will intercept those prayers!!
Our prayers will NEVER reach God's THRONE.

J

Old 06-05-2010, 05:12 AM

11 posts, read 11,219 times
Hi I'm an SDA Christian over here in the UK,

You guys, so negative. I don't know about the SDA church in the US but certainly here in the UK the spirit is at the center of things not at the fringes like you seem to believe.

My church in particular has quite a big worship band, we keep the spirit at the center of our worship and our church. We are reaching out to all churches in our area, not to convert them to Adventism but to worship and fellowship together and do God's good works.

We do concentrate on legalism alot in our church, though as i've said in other threads - legalism is not the way to Christ, the spirit is the way to Christ. The concentration on legalism is more about staying on the right path, though it is very easy for people to concentrate too much on legalism.

Now onto the subject at hand. The 'investigative judgement' refered to by EGW is all about the atonement of our sins. I'm sure you are aware of the book of life and death, obviously you're in one or the other not inbetween.

As for your question 'Did Christ blot out our sins on the cross?' The answer is no. Christ on the cross created a bridge between us and God across the gaping chasm that was sin. However our sins are not 'blotted out'.

We are still sinners, able to commit sin. By giving ourselves to Christ we enable ourselves to qualify, to fit the bill - if you will, to be forgiven by God. We don't have a free pass to sin, hence why there is such a concentration among Adventism of becoming better people.

In essance living in Christ allows us to be the best we can be, sure we'll slip up - but Christ is there to pick us up again.

During the 'investigative judgement' Christ is going and arguing our case before God. Although through Christ it is as if our sins never existed that does not mean we will not be judged. Essentially our true character is being decided, wether we are truely followers of Christ or not.

All of us still sin, it's up to us to try and be better than we are. If we truely in our hearts love Christ we won't have a problem, we'll already be living the way we should be.

By the way very sorry to hear you were treated that way, some people are just too short sighted. Especially in the adventist church, people often concentrate too much on what is right in their eyes and not on what's important.

*Disclaimer* We do have extremely legalistic people here in the UK too!

Old 06-07-2010, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy170 View Post
Hi I'm an SDA Christian over here in the UK,

You guys, so negative. I don't know about the SDA church in the US but certainly here in the UK the spirit is at the center of things not at the fringes like you seem to believe.

My church in particular has quite a big worship band, we keep the spirit at the center of our worship and our church. We are reaching out to all churches in our area, not to convert them to Adventism but to worship and fellowship together and do God's good works.

We do concentrate on legalism alot in our church, though as i've said in other threads - legalism is not the way to Christ, the spirit is the way to Christ. The concentration on legalism is more about staying on the right path, though it is very easy for people to concentrate too much on legalism.

Now onto the subject at hand. The 'investigative judgement' refered to by EGW is all about the atonement of our sins. I'm sure you are aware of the book of life and death, obviously you're in one or the other not inbetween.

As for your question 'Did Christ blot out our sins on the cross?' The answer is no. Christ on the cross created a bridge between us and God across the gaping chasm that was sin. However our sins are not 'blotted out'.

We are still sinners, able to commit sin. By giving ourselves to Christ we enable ourselves to qualify, to fit the bill - if you will, to be forgiven by God. We don't have a free pass to sin, hence why there is such a concentration among Adventism of becoming better people.

In essance living in Christ allows us to be the best we can be, sure we'll slip up - but Christ is there to pick us up again.

During the 'investigative judgement' Christ is going and arguing our case before God. Although through Christ it is as if our sins never existed that does not mean we will not be judged. Essentially our true character is being decided, wether we are truely followers of Christ or not.

All of us still sin, it's up to us to try and be better than we are. If we truely in our hearts love Christ we won't have a problem, we'll already be living the way we should be.

By the way very sorry to hear you were treated that way, some people are just too short sighted. Especially in the adventist church, people often concentrate too much on what is right in their eyes and not on what's important.

*Disclaimer* We do have extremely legalistic people here in the UK too!

Hi Swampy.

Thanks for your sincere comments. However i have a few points/questions to put forward.

1. The Bible gives STRONG warnings on fasle prophets. The SDA church learders and confrence are devided as to EGW being a prophet of God. What do you say? Is she a prphet of GOD or not?

2. Has the ATONEMENT been completed at the cross? or is it still in future?

3. Do you agree with the teachings that Christ entered the Most Holy place in Heaven in Oct 22nd 1844.

4. Do you agree/believe in Stephen vision at seeing Christ standing at the THRONE of God.

5. The following verses seem to suggest JESUS entered the Most Holy place BEFORE 1844. Heb 8: 1-3 Heb 6: 19-20,, Heb 9: , Heb 10: 18-21, Acts 7: 55-56

6. When are the Redeemed sins blotted out.
6A Do you belive the sins of the redeemed will be place on SATAN by JESUS.

7. Do you agree with the word ATONEMENT being place to the Scapegoat in Lev 16: 10.

8. Do you agree with the SDA book "Clear word Bible" removing the word "ATONEMENT" from Lev 16: 10.

9. Who in your opinion does the Scapegoat in Lev 16: 10 represent.

10 Do you believe the saved have their names written in the book of LIFE BEFORE they are born and not after.

Reasoning from the Scriptures states: Jesus at thre THRONE of GOD.
Acts 7:55, 56 report that Stephen was given a vision of heaven in which he saw “Jesus
standing at God’s right hand.” But he made no mention of seeing the holy spirit. (See
also Revelation 7:10; 22:1, 3.)

Blessings

John

Last edited by JOHNC10; 06-07-2010 at 02:36 AM.. Reason: added scripture [Revelation]

Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 PM

365 posts, read 425,721 times
I was an Adventist for 12 long years. During that time I lived in fear and distress that God has not accepted me yet. I always felt unworthy, never good enough to be accepted and saved by God.

I was heavily under legalism because that is what the SDA and EGW do to a person, places you under such heavy legalism that you become distressed and depressed.

I came to understand and realise that I am saved by faith and grace alone, not by works or personal Sabbath keeping that the SDA teach. I teach the gospel of justification, sanctification and righteousness by faith alone. But now most Adventists call me a child of Satan. Once I came out of Babylon/SDA I am set free in the grace and righteousness of Christ. Praise Jesus!

Whenever I ask any Adventist this following question, it proves they are saved by works not by grace.

If you stop attending SDA Church service on the Sabbath for the rest of your life,will you still be saved by faith in Jesus? Yes or No?

Try it yourself. Ask Adventists this question and be shocked at their replies.

Because the truth is Adventists do not believe faith in Jesus Christ is enough to save a person. They must also weekly attend SDA Sabbath Church service for a couple of hours, pay their tithe, sing a song or two, hear a sermon and then go home. If they stopped doing these Sabbath works they believe they are lost.

So realistically, Adventists have 2 Saviors. Jesus + Themselves. Can you see why SDA is so dangerous? Because they teach that 100% focus and 100% truth in Jesus alone to save you is NOT enough!!! When I fully realised this I finally understood that the SDA is a dangerous cult who teaches that people must trust in external personal works to be saved. And that Jesus is not 100% enough.

Once I resigned my SDA membership I have Jesus and Jesus alone as my Saviour and saved by grace alone. Praise be to Jesus for setting me from and calling me out of Babylon.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:23 PM

115 posts, read 110,719 times
Quote:
Many SDA believe this LIE
How did you prove that it was a lie? Have you gone to heaven to confirm it?

Old 06-12-2010, 01:26 PM

115 posts, read 110,719 times
Quote:
I was an Adventist for 12 long years. During that time I lived in fear and distress that God has not accepted me yet. I always felt unworthy, never good enough to be accepted and saved by God.
Why did you feel that way? Why were consulting your feelings rather than the Word of God? Did you go thropugh the adult Sabbath School lesson (1st quarter, 2000, "Our Assurance of Salvation," First Quarter Index) and/or Steps to Christ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or