U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2010, 05:00 PM
 
365 posts, read 425,291 times
Reputation: 86

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
Your EGW said , if i reject her messages my PRAYERS are USELESS and will be intercepted by SATAN. She is CONDEMNING ME FOR REFUSING HER MESSAGES!! AND SHE IS SAYING MY PRAYERS ARE USELESS!!

THE PURPLEHEART MAN IS WORRIED SICK ABOUT THIS TOO!!

CAN YOU EXPLAIN PLZ??
Don't speak for me bull man! The only thing I am worried about is Adventists false gospel of legalism and I am also worried about your salvation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2010, 05:09 PM
 
223 posts, read 248,152 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
Don't speak for me bull man! The only thing I am worried about is Adventists false gospel of legalism and I am also worried about your salvation.

P

I did not put that in to offend you! I did it to show how serrious that comment and threat is by EGW the prophet of Satan.

I was hoping DJconk would make a reply on EGW statement!! HER statement is SATANIC!! and we should not ignore her comments!!

We should expose her threats to ALL SDA 's!!

I hope you get my drift?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 05:14 PM
 
223 posts, read 248,152 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
So if someone handed you a book on Satanism, you wouldn't burn it, and instead keep it permanently in your drawer?

Surely you wouldn't give it away to someone else to read would you?

Surely you wouldn't just throw it out in case someone else picks it up at the rubbish dump?

So what would you do with such a book? I hope you not too scared to answer me.

Secondly, are you saying you never base any theology of yours on the writings of EGW?
MrT

Brilliant post and WISDOM!!

You will not get a sensible reply from him!! Take my word for it!!

I'm looking forward to see what he says.

The people here can see what a character he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 05:17 PM
 
223 posts, read 248,152 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by djconklin View Post
Spamming the threads again--just as he did at [domain blocked due to spam]. Didn't learn how to be polite on the web.
WAS JESUS polite to FOOLS? YES or NO??


WE HAVE TO GROW AND BE LIKE JESUS!!
NOT LIKE FOOLS!!

iTS NOT RIGHT TO BE POLITE TO FOOLS!!
TAKE A LEAF FROM JESUS AND LEARN TO BE WISE!!

WISE MEN DONT MIX WITH FOOLS!! THEY DESTROY THE FOOLS WITH THEIR WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 08:21 PM
 
365 posts, read 425,291 times
Reputation: 86
When the High Priest went within the veil on the Day of Atonement, he ministered the atoning blood immediately. In the same way, when Jesus entered the presence of God with his blood (Col. 3:1; Heb. 1:3; 8:1; 12:2), atonement had been made, once and for all.

Jesus did not take his blood in to make atonement; he took his blood in as a sign that atonement had been made. He went in 'having obtained eternal redemption.' 'He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption' (Heb. 9:12 NIV. See also RSV).

The Investigative Judgement, as taught in the SDA fundamental beliefs, is a concept that is not only foreign to the New Testament, it is contrary to the gospel which teaches that we pass from death to life the moment we put our faith in the Lord (John 5:24).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 10:07 PM
 
115 posts, read 110,628 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
The only thing I am worried about is Adventists false gospel of legalism
The SDA church teaches righteousness by faith. Notone has ever been saved by works (kind of hard to do a "Thou shalt not"!)

10. Experience of Salvation:
In infinite love and mercy God made Christ, who knew no sin, to be sin for us, so that in Him we might be made the righteousness of God. Led by the Holy Spirit we sense our need, acknowledge our sinfulness, repent of our transgressions, and exercise faith in Jesus as Lord and Christ, as Substitute and Example. This faith which receives salvation comes through the divine power of the Word and is the gift of God's grace. Through Christ we are justified, adopted as God's sons and daughters, and delivered from the lordship of sin. Through the Spirit we are born again and sanctified; the Spirit renews our minds, writes God's law of love in our hearts, and we are given the power to live a holy life. Abiding in Him we become partakers of the divine nature and have the assurance of salvation now and in the judgment. (2 Cor. 5:17-21; John 3:16; Gal. 1:4; 4:4-7; Titus 3:3-7; John 16:8; Gal. 3:13, 14; 1 Peter 2:21, 22; Rom. 10:17; Luke 17:5; Mark 9:23, 24; Eph. 2:5-10; Rom. 3:21-26; Col. 1:13, 14; Rom. 8:14-17; Gal. 3:26; John 3:3-8; 1 Peter 1:23; Rom. 12:2; Heb. 8:7-12; Eze. 36:25-27; 2 Peter 1:3, 4; Rom. 8:1-4; 5:6-10.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2010, 10:09 PM
 
115 posts, read 110,628 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
When the High Priest went within the veil on the Day of Atonement, he ministered the atoning blood immediately. In the same way, when Jesus entered the presence of God with his blood (Col. 3:1; Heb. 1:3; 8:1; 12:2), atonement had been made, once and for all.
Not "in the same way". Two different atonements. The daily atonement of the individual is accomplished when the sinner went to the Temple with the sacrifice and confessed their sin(s). The yearly Day of Atonnement is about cleansing the Temple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 06:02 PM
 
365 posts, read 425,291 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by djconklin View Post
The SDA church teaches righteousness by faith...
I know the SDA teach righteousness by faith! I have always said that if you read my posts.

HOWEVER, SDA teach sanctification by works! This is where they go astray and walk into legalism. Exactly like the people of Galatia did before Paul rebuked them as they were teaching a "bewitching" gospel that was based on Jesus PLUS their own works.. exactly like SDA believe and teach.

Adventists usually teach justification by faith and grace alone correctly, but they then ADD to the sanctification process by believing to remain saved and remain accepted by God they now need to keep Sabbath every week, tithe and do works!

Jesus said sanctification is by faith in Him.

The bible says clearly that sanctification is BY FAITH IN JESUS.

Acts 26:18 ‘to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

NOTE: It says, "sanctified by faith in Me".

1 Corinthians 1:30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—

Notice that? Jesus became our sanctification and we are counted sanctified now by faith in Jesus as a free gift!

Eph5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Notice that? It's Jesus who sanctifies us, you do not sanctify yourself for that would be legalism and salvation by works!

Heb13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Notice that? We are sanctified through Jesus' blood, not our own works!

So this is where the SDA go astray and misled by legalism. They have added human works to the sanctification process. But Jesus said sanctification is by faith in Jesus.

There is no changing the SDA, and so that is why God calls people OUT OF BABYLON, because Babylon will not renounce legalism and they never will.

So come out of Babylon into the grace of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 06:27 PM
 
Location: UPSTATE SC
1,405 posts, read 2,112,374 times
Reputation: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
Your twisted and flawed interpretation of 2 Peter 2:17-22 is!

Adventists will do anything to try to align the bible with Ellen G White writings, even lie and twist and distort bible to do so.

Yet thank God a few Adventists humble themselves enough to acknowledge that Ellen G White and SDA are wrong, so they leave the SDA instead and admit they are wrong, rather than resorting to lying about the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2010, 06:29 PM
 
Location: UPSTATE SC
1,405 posts, read 2,112,374 times
Reputation: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
I know the SDA teach righteousness by faith! I have always said that if you read my posts.

HOWEVER, SDA teach sanctification by works! This is where they go astray and walk into legalism. Exactly like the people of Galatia did before Paul rebuked them as they were teaching a "bewitching" gospel that was based on Jesus PLUS their own works.. exactly like SDA believe and teach.

Adventists usually teach justification by faith and grace alone correctly, but they then ADD to the sanctification process by believing to remain saved and remain accepted by God they now need to keep Sabbath every week, tithe and do works!

Jesus said sanctification is by faith in Him.

The bible says clearly that sanctification is BY FAITH IN JESUS.

Acts 26:18 ‘to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

NOTE: It says, "sanctified by faith in Me".

1 Corinthians 1:30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—

Notice that? Jesus became our sanctification and we are counted sanctified now by faith in Jesus as a free gift!

Eph5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Notice that? It's Jesus who sanctifies us, you do not sanctify yourself for that would be legalism and salvation by works!

Heb13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Notice that? We are sanctified through Jesus' blood, not our own works!

So this is where the SDA go astray and misled by legalism. They have added human works to the sanctification process. But Jesus said sanctification is by faith in Jesus.

There is no changing the SDA, and so that is why God calls people OUT OF BABYLON, because Babylon will not renounce legalism and they never will.

So come out of Babylon into the grace of God.
Very True . . . SDA has some solid biblical beliefs, but go astray in areas, especially the one you noted above . . . thanks for this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top