U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:20 AM

335 posts, read 194,200 times

Advertisements

Maybe Isaiah 65:17-20?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 09:04 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,236,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So what happens to them? If they haven't heard the message, they can't reject it. On the other hand, they can't believe it either. Case re-opened.
In the case of those who have not heard...they still know right from wrong...and God knows the heart.

Every one of us shall give account of himself to God...and God's judgement is just.

From that awful day, he that is unjust shall be unjust still; and he that is filthy shall be filthy still; and he that is righteous shall be righteous still; and he that is holy shall be holy still. Who you die as, is who you remain for all eternity...and filth and sin and unrighteousness and ungodlyness and iniquity will not enter into heaven...no matter who you are or where you lived in your life.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:31 AM

6,221 posts, read 6,406,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthetruth View Post
Hello all! I'm sooooo glad to find other ppl that think the doctine of ET is cruel and unbiblical. I thank God sooo much that He showed me it's not. That doctrine caused me so much mental suffering. I won't go into that. Not the topic. Then I studied annihilation, which was at the time tremendous relief from believing the ET doctrine. Still left an empty feeling inside. But just recently I have started seeing things in the bible that make me think that ALL might eventually be saved in the end. If that is true I will jump up and down for joy on that day. I've noticed that just because the bible uses "destroy", that doesn't have to mean the person is destroyed. I'm hoping it's just the sinful part of ppl. Maybe Gehenna fire is a cleansing fire of God's love????? Not sure. Hope so, but still studying. It says in the bible that Jesus is the Saviour of ALL, *especially* of those that believe. I love that scripture!!! God Bless!!!
Hi luvthetruth - welcome! Yes there are a few of us out there who have realized that eternal torment is cruel and unbiblical, and there are even fewer of us who believe that God will restore all in the end.

Your thoughts on destruction are right - matter can not be truly destroyed, it is only changed. Burn a candle; it turns into heat and smoke. When a forest is destroyed by fire, it actually makes the ground fertile again and rids the area of disease so that new growth will eventually come in. Destruction is for a purpose.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:43 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,416,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthetruth View Post
I'm not a Jehovah Witness. Just someone that believes God is love and I'm searching for the truth.
Welcome to the battle of wits!......

Old 10-18-2010, 07:45 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,461,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
In the case of those who have not heard...they still know right from wrong...and God knows the heart.
So.....why do Christians feel they have to convert everyone? If someone never recieves "the Word", then they will be judged soley upon their actions and doing the right thing. So why the Missionaries?

When a baby is born, and sadly dies due to an illness upon birth, they get a ticket to heaven, right? How can that be, if we are all born sinners?

An infant is not cognative enough to know "right from wrong" and too young to have ever "recieved Christ".

So if all infants and people in world who have never recieved the word of Christ get a pardon from going to hell, because they were never exposed to the "word", then why doesn't God just skip the "spreading the word" part and just let us be judged for our ability to know right and wrong?

Thoughts?

Old 10-18-2010, 07:54 PM

29,118 posts, read 18,394,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Twice in a two minute period. I still have this on my clipboard. Read a Bible:

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.

!. Those who reject Jesus are condemed.

2. Those who have never heard the messege can't reject that which they have no knowlege or understanding of.

Case closed.
Maybe we can accept Jesus in the afterlife when we see and understand him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity