Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 04:33 PM

193 posts, read 533,027 times

Advertisements

Yes, I honestly do believe God is pressuring me to marry and have children. I don't feel any peace when it comes to dating and marriage. I hear God saying if you don't get married and have children like good Christians do, I will revoke your salvation and send you to hell.

I don't like being tormented by this. I could pray about this, except I feel it is God who is putting those burdens on my shoulders. What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 04:52 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,903,688 times
What should you do? Let Him send you to hell.
That will be much better than living with someone you hate but God made you marry anyway.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:54 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,111,180 times
I think given a little time that feeling will pass. But if it doesn’t.

Plan on getting married to a same sex partner and adopt kids.

I think God will stop bugging you soon.

Last edited by Aeroman; 10-06-2010 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: What! You should be happy I’m reading things in the Christian forum. lol

Old 10-06-2010, 04:57 PM

91 posts, read 290,292 times
God wouldn't destroy a mans life like that!!!! No but serious. What if your marriage doesn't work out? Do you blame it on God because he made you get married? Will you no longer take his advice?

Old 10-06-2010, 05:21 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,834,163 times
If God told you to jump off a cliff, would you do it?
Maybe it's time to start listening to your own logic and reason.You were given a brain so you would use it.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:25 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,544,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
If God told you to jump off a cliff, would you do it?
Maybe it's time to start listening to your own logic and reason.You were given a brain so you would use it.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:44 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,215,080 times
First of all, God isn't telling you these things. God does not send people to hell for "not getting married and having children like good Christians do." People go to hell because they deny Him. I think Satan/demons are telling you lies and causing you this torment and lack of peace. I will be praying for you.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:20 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,585,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktanner View Post
Yes, I honestly do believe God is pressuring me to marry and have children. I don't feel any peace when it comes to dating and marriage. I hear God saying if you don't get married and have children like good Christians do, I will revoke your salvation and send you to hell.

I don't like being tormented by this. I could pray about this, except I feel it is God who is putting those burdens on my shoulders. What should I do?
Sorry but it's not God putting a burden on you, you're putting it on yourself. There's nothing in the Bible that says we have to marry and have children....as a matter of fact, a life of purity and celibacy is very pleasing to God. Maybe you're having premarital sex and your conscience is bothering you? Date, enjoy your life and relax a little.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,681,221 times
perhaps God would be just as pleased if you were to remain single (as some of His followers were),and do His work? I see your own concious bothering you as to what you *think God wants,not what He really wants.(jmo).

Old 10-06-2010, 08:32 PM

88,189 posts, read 84,046,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktanner View Post

Talk to a therapist. I am not being sarcastic. Find a Christian one if you prefer, but make an appointment. This is an obsessional-thoughts type of thing, not God, but you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity