U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 10:50 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,459,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
On the contrary?So you believe that all people will be saved as God desires?
This is not a UR thread and I'm certainly not going to "go there" with you. What I can offer you tonight though is....His Hand, the lifeline, today! Are you already holding on? If not, how can I help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 11:00 PM

Okay, keeping in line with the topic, here's some more information for you:

Excerpts from the article:

June 4, 2010: Earth and space are about to come into contact in a way that's new to human history. To make preparations, authorities in Washington DC are holding a meeting: The Space Weather Enterprise Forum at the National Press Club on June 8th.

Richard Fisher, head of NASA's Heliophysics Division, explains what it's all about:

"The sun is waking up from a deep slumber, and in the next few years we expect to see much higher levels of solar activity. At the same time, our technological society has developed an unprecedented sensitivity to solar storms. The intersection of these two issues is what we're getting together to discuss."

Entire article here: As the Sun Awakens, NASA Keeps a Wary Eye on Space Weather - NASA Science

Old 06-06-2010, 11:17 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,487,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
This is not a UR thread and I'm certainly not going to "go there" with you. What I can offer you tonight though is....His Hand, the lifeline, today! Are you already holding on? If not, how can I help?
I'm sorry,but you are the one posting the His agenda is to save us,while at he same time seemingly saying that many,many peoples will not be saved.And now you don't want to "go there" but would rather just preach rather than engage in a discussion?

Old 06-07-2010, 01:31 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,576,056 times
Quote:
His agenda is to save us.
Finally (pardon the pun) - a right answer!!!

Old 06-07-2010, 08:56 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,692,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Finally (pardon the pun) - a right answer!!!

The Final answer, heheheh.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
I'm sorry,but you are the one posting the His agenda is to save us,while at he same time seemingly saying that many,many peoples will not be saved.And now you don't want to "go there" but would rather just preach rather than engage in a discussion?
Yes.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:07 PM

Talk of Second Oil Spill in Gulf Grows Louder - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Talk-of-Second-Oil-Spill-in-cnbc-596345874.html?x=0&.v=1 - broken link)

Leaking since April? We're in June! Didn't anyone feel it was important enough to report? Did you guys hear about it? Could the ocean floor be moving? Your thoughts......

Old 06-10-2010, 12:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFv2W7Duqiw

Unbelievable!! I've never seen anything like this! Wow! Hope nobody was hurt.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:11 AM

200 posts, read 211,032 times
Quote:

YouTube - Hail Storm Oklahoma City

Unbelievable!! I've never seen anything like this! Wow! Hope nobody was hurt.
As far as I know, Betsey, nobody was seriously hurt by the hail. I could be wrong, but I can't recall hearing anything. Big hail is extremely common in Oklahoma during tornado season. Sometimes it is bad enough to wipe out thousands of acres of wheat just before harvest. Part of the curse of being geographically between the Rocky Mountains and the Gulf of Mexico. Otherwise, a beautiful state to live in.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy63 View Post
As far as I know, Betsey, nobody was seriously hurt by the hail. I could be wrong, but I can't recall hearing anything. Big hail is extremely common in Oklahoma during tornado season. Sometimes it is bad enough to wipe out thousands of acres of wheat just before harvest. Part of the curse of being geographically between the Rocky Mountains and the Gulf of Mexico. Otherwise, a beautiful state to live in.
That was quite awesome to see as we never have hail this far south of Florida, but one time I can recall, nothing like that though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity