U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 06:30 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,451,865 times

Advertisements

Clusters of earthquakes this morning in Indonesia: 7.2, 6.2, 6.4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 08:17 AM

5,408 posts, read 4,659,683 times
A few hit in Alaska

Old 06-16-2010, 09:41 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,682,496 times
Fault line map

tectonic_map.jpg (image)

Old 06-16-2010, 01:03 PM

6,230 posts, read 9,513,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Clusters of earthquakes this morning in Indonesia: 7.2, 6.2, 6.4
A few people were killed and more than 500 homes were damaged or flattened! They are awaiting casualty reports from different islands.

3 killed, homes damaged in Indonesia quakes (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100616/ap_on_re_as/as_indonesia_earthquake - broken link)

Ok, who else has officially heard the word "earthquake" this year more than ANY other that you can remember?!

Old 06-16-2010, 01:17 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,481,296 times
If you guys REALLY REALLY think the world is coming to an end,why not give all you have to the poor and go wait it out somewhere?If it is,then you won't need your money,your car,your house etc.Why not sell that,give it to the poor to make their lives better until the end,and wait on Jesus?

Old 06-16-2010, 01:27 PM

528 posts, read 650,294 times
Betsey if you get a chance check out the History Channels signs to Armageddon its not from a christian perspective, but it even agrees that these signs are in line with Bible Prophecies. It will reair. If not google it.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:39 PM

6,230 posts, read 9,513,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
If you guys REALLY REALLY think the world is coming to an end,why not give all you have to the poor and go wait it out somewhere?If it is,then you won't need your money,your car,your house etc.Why not sell that,give it to the poor to make their lives better until the end,and wait on Jesus?
Jesus said be prepared (in spirit and body) when he comes. I'm not about to go and live in some cave, waiting for him because he said himself no one will know the day nor hour. So we must live our lives spiritually the best way we can so we won't be held guilty when he does. However, you know what the bible says about the earthquakes and the famines and the growing pains. They have begun. If your really trying to deny something is unusual, your in huge denial. I could care less really. Because I predicted this behavior months ago on a similar thread. I said I believe more earthquakes would come and Atheist would keep denying it and bring up the same age old quotes from scientist to debunk it. I'm sitting here, not laughing at you, but shaking my head in sorrow for you. You'll only realize something is wrong when it hits close to home or when it is ultimately too late.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:56 PM

30,037 posts, read 30,676,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
Betsey if you get a chance check out the History Channels signs to Armageddon its not from a christian perspective, but it even agrees that these signs are in line with Bible Prophecies. It will reair. If not google it.
The history channel has become for entertainment only...It's a farce. Last night they aired some whack-a-loon show on ufos and extraterrestrials...Like that is history? Not any more than the armageddon nonsense is history.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:05 PM

30,037 posts, read 30,676,322 times
Earthquake info...World wide there has been an average of 28,506 quakes per year between 2000 and 2009. So far in 2010 there have only been 8,233 quakes...So far, way below average for this year.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:13 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,682,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Jesus said be prepared (in spirit and body) when he comes. I'm not about to go and live in some cave, waiting for him because he said himself no one will know the day nor hour. So we must live our lives spiritually the best way we can so we won't be held guilty when he does. However, you know what the bible says about the earthquakes and the famines and the growing pains. They have begun. If your really trying to deny something is unusual, your in huge denial. I could care less really. Because I predicted this behavior months ago on a similar thread. I said I believe more earthquakes would come and Atheist would keep denying it and bring up the same age old quotes from scientist to debunk it. I'm sitting here, not laughing at you, but shaking my head in sorrow for you. You'll only realize something is wrong when it hits close to home or when it is ultimately too late.

Since there are earthquakes every year on a global scale you have not predicted anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity