U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 04:17 PM

6,268 posts, read 9,593,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Since there are earthquakes every year on a global scale you have not predicted anything.
Wth. I said I predicted his (an atheist) behavioral pattern months ago. I knew it would be like this. More earthquakes would happen and Atheist would STILL be saying the SAME thing and STILL be using the same quotes from scientist. It's like, what else can you do? I don't care. I only care about the victims and families that have been affected by these horrible catastrophes. I can only pray and imagine what they are going through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 04:26 PM

30,093 posts, read 30,874,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Wth. I said I predicted his (an atheist) behavioral pattern months ago. I knew it would be like this. More earthquakes would happen and Atheist would STILL be saying the SAME thing and STILL be using the same quotes from scientist. It's like, what else can you do? I don't care. I only care about the victims and families that have been affected by these horrible catastrophes. I can only pray and imagine what they are going through.
Yes, those evil scientists and their instruments are surely stacking the deck by counting earthquakes with the sole purpose of ruining your paranoia about end times....You are funny guy.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:02 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,712,015 times
Quote:

You mean he ( the atheist) stuck by what is factual and refused to buy into religious nonsense?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:30 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,373,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Earthquake info...World wide there has been an average of 28,506 quakes per year between 2000 and 2009. So far in 2010 there have only been 8,233 quakes...So far, way below average for this year.
Silly Canadian, facts are not welcome in this discussion.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, and science still backs up the fact that there is still only a normal level of seismic activity on the planet.

Beside if you have even rudimentary concept of statistics, averages and deviations, you would recognize the absolute absurdity of using 5 months of data to plot a trend on a planet that is billions and billions of years old.

What we are going through? Just kinda bemused that some are trying to make normalcy into a indicator of anything but that things are pretty normal.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:12 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,749,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
Betsey if you get a chance check out the History Channels signs to Armageddon its not from a christian perspective, but it even agrees that these signs are in line with Bible Prophecies. It will reair. If not google it.
The fact that they use the word 'Armageddon,' a biblical word, should tell you all you need to know.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
The fact that they use the word 'Armageddon,' a biblical word, should tell you all you need to know.
Gee, do you suspect that might have played the "Armageddon" card to help with ratings

Old 06-17-2010, 06:07 PM

528 posts, read 656,024 times
Default My apologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I had to go back & look at my recording. IT WAS APOCALYPSE. And these were primarily scientist. They were making comparisions to bible prophecy, but with scientific evidence. And they are trying to find a way to measure earth quakes as presently there is none & they think it is possible to have one huge global quake at the same time. The are drilling into the SanAndreas Fault in California, and they were talking about how sea weed is spreading & the red tide is spreading & will eventually cover the ocean & kill the ocean life & how that will affect our survival. Then they compared that to Revelations & 1.3rd of the sea life would die. And They talked about SARs & other diseases & illnesses, and how America's ERs across the nation are already packed to compacity & we are not prepared to handle a national outbreak, how people would literally die in the street. It was several scientist, Dr's, professors, and a couple religious literaries. But like it or lump it it was interesting.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:10 PM

528 posts, read 656,024 times
Default My apologies

Quote:
Betsey if you get a chance check out the History Channels signs to Armageddon its not from a christian perspective, but it even agrees that these signs are in line with Bible Prophecies. It will reair. If not google it.
It was Apocolypse - not Armageddon. Not that there's a huge difference I suppose, but anyway that was my error.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:15 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,749,956 times
Quote:
I had to go back & look at my recording. IT WAS APOCALYPSE. And these were primarily scientist. They were making comparisions to bible prophecy, but with scientific evidence. And they are trying to find a way to measure earth quakes as presently there is none & they think it is possible to have one huge global quake at the same time. The are drilling into the SanAndreas Fault in California, and they were talking about how sea weed is spreading & the red tide is spreading & will eventually cover the ocean & kill the ocean life & how that will affect our survival. Then they compared that to Revelations & 1.3rd of the sea life would die. And They talked about SARs & other diseases & illnesses, and how America's ERs across the nation are already packed to compacity & we are not prepared to handle a national outbreak, how people would literally die in the street. It was several scientist, Dr's, professors, and a couple religious literaries. But like it or lump it it was interesting.
Well, like any good "Ragnarok" mythology, the bible does have its share of captivating gloom and doom and the History Channel realizes that with all the 2012 crap going on, it has an audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity