U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-23-2010, 08:14 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,237,161 times
Reputation: 8261

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
SILENCE??!!! YOU MUST NOT KNOW WHO I AM!! I AM YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE BUDDY. I WILL NEVER SILENCE MY MOUTH FOR NOTHING!! YOU THINK YOU'VE WON SOMETHING ASHEVILLE??! ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?? I'M ALWAYS GOING TO PUT YOU ON BLAST BECAUSE THAT'S WHO I AM!!

*Breathes*
Oooooo my worst night mare, I'm terrrified........ not

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Now I can talk calmly and rationally with you. I've had it with you. I'm really up to my breaking point. You live in a nowhere town and sit in your nowhere house spouting all kinds of ignorance of things you have no idea about. First of all, take it from someone who's actually lived in Canada, I never experienced not even the smallest bit of tremors nor earthquakes. Not even my relatives! And I have a hella bunch of relatives in Canada! This was the very first!

Yeah. Others that have never step foot in Canada is giving me info about an area I have PERSONALLY lived in, being seismically active when you conveniently forgot about reports from ACTUAL EASTERN CANADIAN CITIZENS that report never having felt an earthquake there before!! It doesn't make any freaking sense that an area is "seismically active" when the last time something exploded or had a quake was 30-40-50 years ago. How the hell does that make it "active"? Before this quake happened, no one had any crap to say about it. No one ever said it was a seismically active before. Now all of a sudden Eastern Canada is a hotspot for earthquakes?! Get a life!!
The breaking point? wow, brings out insulting the place where one lives, how mature, I'm..... I'm..... in awe.....
But to your point, the reaction of people that just felt an earthquake, vs. the facts. I guess for most of us that live outside of California, any earthquake is a pretty big deal, even in "a nowhere town, in a nowhere house" (but you'd love to have my view from my mountain side nowhere house ), so I leave determining the normalcy of quakes to the experts, you know scientists that study and have the equipment to track and record them. I've also slept through some, which is a bummer, but my conscious is clear and I sleep soundly.

And I've been to Canada a number of times, not that it matters to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
So now your contradicting yourself?! Now all of sudden you admit it's a rare event but you were just trying to tell me that the earthquake epicenter is a seismically active zone and has them all the time?!

Now you contradict yourself twice?!! You just said you agree this was a rare event but now your saying it's a normal event?! WTH!!
Reading comprehension, or the lack of strikes again, I did not contradict myself, I was posing hypothetical questions, did you happen to notice the word "IF".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-23-2010, 08:17 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,237,161 times
Reputation: 8261
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I love checking out people's profiles. That's the first thing I do when I see a new poster.

And I do not belong to any church, either.
I click on their name then look at the last posts, and the threads which they are in, gives a lot more information about he person than a profile that was likely purposefully obscured when they first joined, if not left mostly blank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 08:22 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,380,989 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I click on their name then look at the last posts, and the threads which they are in, gives a lot more information about he person than a profile that was likely purposefully obscured when they first joined, if not left mostly blank.
I like to do both.

I don't think ans57 has anything bad to say about anything or anyone in ANY of her posts. At least not that I can remember.

You gave her quite a beating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 08:33 PM
 
6,230 posts, read 9,515,264 times
Reputation: 7520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I click on their name then look at the last posts, and the threads which they are in, gives a lot more information about he person than a profile that was likely purposefully obscured when they first joined, if not left mostly blank.

Interesting you say that! Because I happened to be looking in the Science section of the forums and I happened to stumble upon a forum called "World Earthquakes" and I happened to see you there! Surprise surprise. What was even more surprising was every time you posted, you had something say about religion when no one (not even the OP) mentioned religion. It's funny how the person who calls others chicken little can't stop talking about how the sky is falling. That's something I don't understand about Atheist. They will mention religion even when no one is discussing it. So yes, you do learn from others post rather than just their information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 08:36 PM
 
6,230 posts, read 9,515,264 times
Reputation: 7520
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I like to do both.

I don't think ans57 has anything bad to say about anything or anyone in ANY of her posts. At least not that I can remember.

You gave her quite a beating.
That's because that is what he does. He just assumes and accuses others of things and he doesn't care how kind of gentle the person can be. Me? I'm not nice and I don't strive to be nice. And I definitely don't take crap from people. And you shouldn't either. That is why I always defend my position. Because there's too many people who go through this forum thinking their right about something and being all comfortable and crap in their seats thinking they've won. Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,380,989 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That's because that is what he does. He just assumes and accuses others of things and he doesn't care how kind of gentle the person can be. Me? I'm not nice and I don't strive to be nice. And I definitely don't take crap from people. And you shouldn't either. That is why I always defend my position. Because there's too many people who go through this forum thinking their right about something and being all comfortable and crap in their seats thinking they've won. Please.

I am a follower of Yeshua (Jesus), and the fruits that come from following him are: Love, joy, peace, kindness, PATIENCE, gentleness, and meekness.

Don't ever forget to check your fruit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 08:53 PM
 
6,230 posts, read 9,515,264 times
Reputation: 7520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

The breaking point? wow, brings out insulting the place where one lives, how mature, I'm..... I'm..... in awe.....
But to your point, the reaction of people that just felt an earthquake, vs. the facts. I guess for most of us that live outside of California, any earthquake is a pretty big deal, even in "a nowhere town, in a nowhere house" (but you'd love to have my view from my mountain side nowhere house ), so I leave determining the normalcy of quakes to the experts, you know scientists that study and have the equipment to track and record them. I've also slept through some, which is a bummer, but my conscious is clear and I sleep soundly.
Big deal? Big deal?!! Experts?!! How is *expert* opinion even valid in a situation like this?!! Your telling me *expert* opinion trumps life experience from the actual people that live there for the past 50 years?!! You make no sense!!!

And the only reason you sleep soundly during presence of an earthquake is because you glorify in the ignorance and evil desires of your heart. See, when you spend as much time ridiculing Christians and the bible and God as you do, your heart begins to harden and everything you experience, in your mind, is dedicated to ridiculing the holy spirit. So a dangerous situation like an earthquake could be a 5.0 or above and it wouldn't effect you because all you would be thinking ignorantly at the time is "Yup. The world's ending right now. Those crazy Christians." instead of finding safety for yourself! Ugh!

Quote:
And I've been to Canada a number of times, not that it matters to the discussion.
Not that it is even RELEVENT to the discussion! Visiting is not living!! I have LIVED there! For enough time to experience the supposed tremors and earthquakes that occur there frequently. And I never did!!

Quote:
Reading comprehension, or the lack of strikes again, I did not contradict myself, I was posing hypothetical questions, did you happen to notice the word "IF".
YES YOU DID!!! I pointed out your own folly to you and now your trying to say you said something else! Trick please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 08:59 PM
 
16,301 posts, read 24,237,161 times
Reputation: 8261
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Interesting you say that! Because I happened to be looking in the Science section of the forums and I happened to stumble upon a forum called "World Earthquakes" and I happened to see you there! Surprise surprise. What was even more surprising was every time you posted, you had something say about religion when no one (not even the OP) mentioned religion. It's funny how the person who calls others chicken little can't stop talking about how the sky is falling. That's something I don't understand about Atheist. They will mention religion even when no one is discussing it. So yes, you do learn from others post rather than just their information.
That was the first person to start the topic about a perceived uptick in earthquakes, sunspots, floods, etc. that has not been an end of times doomsayer.

And if you had the honesty to not cherry pick just what you wanted, you would also have seen the following when the OP clarified his views were not religious based.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
OK, that was my assumption based on the many that want to see the current earthquake frequency as a "sign". Religion is out:

Now to the illogical view that looking at the earth quakes over a 5 month period on a planet that is billions of years old, and say it is a "trend". Well that is just illogical.
and explained the fallacy of his analysis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,452,521 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
It's a free world, well country anyway? Well mostly.

OK, irrational paranoia needs the balance of rational debate and some actual facts. You keep referring to you have "work" to do in spreading the paranoia, I (and others) offer a counterpoint, that the undecided might use their ability to think and decide based on fact vs. hype.

Ye' old Point vs. Counterpoint
Sooo, you're the voice of reason, so to speak?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
 
5,500 posts, read 4,415,727 times
Reputation: 5146
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I like to do both.

I don't think ans57 has anything bad to say about anything or anyone in ANY of her posts. At least not that I can remember.

You gave her quite a beating.
Not really......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top