U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 05:32 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,228,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
But at least if things DID change dramatically all over and there was a tremendous increase in activity - the end-timers could then try and make their case.

My problem is them trying to make their case with no supportive facts at all, Just beliefs and feelings combined with 24 hour plate monitoring/news cycle.
Yea, in their world fact is the worst of the 4 letter words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 05:32 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,379,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My best friend in highschool was the deepest sleeper and almost never woke up during earthquakes! I would wake her up and she would just look at me (barely) and fall right back asleep - even during one of the longest, biggest ones we had!
That reminds me of my dad. He grew up in Southern California and he would just sleep through EVERYTHING. Hurricanes, earthquakes, you name it. He could care less. That was pretty much his attitude when I called him on 9/11, also. He just laughed and went back to bed.

I asked him later why he didn't care that planes had just run into the buildings and the Pentagon, and he said he thought when I called that I was trying to cause panic like the War of the Worlds broadcast in 1938 that caused mass hysteria.

I didn't even know there WAS a 1938 broadcast that caused many Americans to believe that aliens had invaded.

I'm always so confused.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:18 AM

6,229 posts, read 9,510,885 times
6.9 earthquake strikes Solomon Islands

Old 06-26-2010, 03:56 AM

6,229 posts, read 9,510,885 times
I'm sorry! I didn't know Connecticut had a RARE TORNADO that struck Bridgeport! I have family in Connecticut and I had no idea! Another weather anomaly!

Connecticut city counts damage, blessings after Tornado

I also didn't know The Phillipines had a flooding in addition to the Brazilian one from a few days ago. And it seems China has just been struck with more record rainfall today in the south and central provinces. Reportedly getting ready for the rivers to flood AGAIN after last week's catastrophic flood.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm sorry! I didn't know Connecticut had a RARE TORNADO that struck Bridgeport! I have family in Connecticut and I had no idea! Another weather anomaly!

Connecticut city counts damage, blessings after Tornado

I also didn't know The Phillipines had a flooding in addition to the Brazilian one from a few days ago. And it seems China has just been struck with more record rainfall today in the south and central provinces. Reportedly getting ready for the rivers to flood AGAIN after last week's catastrophic flood.
Statistics is not one of the skills you learned in high school is it?

Old 06-26-2010, 09:51 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,480,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Statistics is not one of the skills you learned in high school is it?
Statistics?STATISTICS??We don't need no stinking statistics!Who needs facts when you can simply interpret tornados in Conn. as meaning the end of the world is near?

Why do you insist that people have actual proof for what they believe?It just takes all the fun out of the paranoia.

Last edited by lifertexan; 06-26-2010 at 10:00 AM..

Old 06-26-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Statistics?STATISTICS??We don't need no stinking statistics!Who needs facts when you can simply interpret tornados in Conn. as meaning the end of the world is near?

Why do you insist that people have actual proof for what they believe?It just takes all the fun out of the paranoia.
Well just call me a party pooper

Old 06-27-2010, 04:35 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,710,060 times
Our ignorance is God; what we know is science. ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

Think about it.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:21 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,451,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Our ignorance is God; what we know is science. ~ Robert G. Ingersoll

Think about it.
Our ignorance is science; what we BELIEVE is God. ~ Betsey Lane ~

Thought about it.... I'm praying.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:54 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,480,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Our ignorance is science; what we BELIEVE is God. ~ Betsey Lane ~

Thought about it.... I'm praying.
Strange how science works,is it not?Like you typing on a computer and words coming out here on the website.

Just a question.Did you pray for Obama to be defeated and the Republicans to win in 2008,as so many fundie Christians did?Why then is Obama the President?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity