U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-27-2010, 11:37 PM
 
1,492 posts, read 2,222,060 times
Reputation: 250

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
You will continue to hear about them because :

LOL,well I can only wish I had that kind of power;as it is,I am only one poster in a forum of many posters in an online community of many online communities all over the net and so it goes on...


(now if I only had the power to drive everyone crazy w/ the oil spill news like the media does...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-28-2010, 02:38 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,565,954 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
In the revelation of John the stars were the angels to the churches. I don't know of any place else where they are called that.
And Job 38:7? "morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 06:22 AM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,550,724 times
Reputation: 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
In the revelation of John the stars were the angels to the churches. I don't know of any place else where they are called that.
And that book is called the Revelation of who?

Jesus Christ - it's the revealing of Him! All these things being shaken are to prepare the sons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 07:04 AM
 
6,229 posts, read 9,510,885 times
Reputation: 7519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Luke 21:25-26

TODAY: 7.2
7.2 quake hits South Pacific nation of Vanuatu - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100527/ap_on_re_as/as_vanuatu_earthquake - broken link)

Yesterday: 6.6
Breaking: 6.6 Earthquake Southeast of Ryukyu Islands*|*PacificEyeWitness.com (http://pacificeyewitness.com/2010/05/26/breaking-6-6-earthquake-southeast-of-ryukyu-islands/ - broken link)

Tuesday: 6.3
Magnitude 6.3 - NORTHERN MID-ATLANTIC RIDGE (http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010wsa6.php - broken link)

Monday:6.5
Acre, Brazil USGS: 6.5-magnitude Earthquake In Acre, Brazil - FOXBusiness.com (http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/usgs--magnitude-earthquake-acre-brazil/ - broken link)



I'm shocked because I haven't heard about any of the latter ones. I only heard about the Vanuatu earthquake yesterday. I had no idea there was 3 more the day before!!

I was talking with my French teacher (who is in her 60s-70s) and we were talking about the enviroment and natural disasters. She told me she has never heard of so many earthquakes occuring in her life up until the 2000s. And she told me her opinion about the Haiti earthquake is that before it happened, she has never heard of an earthquake appearing in Haiti. Besides the fact of it lying in the ring of fire. And this woman has traveled all over Europe and the Carribean. And I told her that scientist continually say it's all normal. But she said that's what their suppose to tell you. If they said earthquakes were on the rise, people would panic. I didn't realize that.

Just like the Greece earthquake that might take place in a few days. Millions of frogs were seen coming out the woodworks on Greecian highways. Experts say it's normal. It's mating season. History says it's an earthquake warning. So idk.

In other news a volcano erupted in Guatemala yesterday. I didn't catch that.

Volcano erupts near Guatemala City (http://http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/05/28/guatemala.volcano/index.html?hpt=Sbin - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 07:18 AM
 
1,883 posts, read 2,481,296 times
Reputation: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post

In other news a volcano erupted in Guatemala yesterday. I didn't catch that.

Volcano erupts near Guatemala City (http://http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/05/28/guatemala.volcano/index.html?hpt=Sbin - broken link)

And 30 years ago,before 24/7 news on every single happening around the world from every remote corner of it,you wouldn't have at all.Back in the days of only a 30 minute news show at 5:30 followed by 30 minutes of local news at 10:00,followed by reading the morning paper the next morning,95% of the news that people know about today would not have been heard of back then.That is the point.It's not that things are occurring now that didn't happen then,it's that modern technology enables us to know what happens in all parts of the world now,and 24 hour news feeds that search for anything that gets them better ratings than their competitors puts it all on the TV or the internet for you to see.

Not that this will convince those wishing to believe in the end of the world.But people should remember,or if they are young,learn,about the Walter Cronkite days when the national news consisted of about 10-15 top news stories,mostly political or about wars.Earthquakes in Tibet and Vanatu did not make Cronkite's newscast.Doesn't mean they didn't happen,it simply means they weren't reported on.

And so ends my attempt to enlighten the doom-desirers.Probably a wasted effort.

Oh,BTW,Haiti has had at least 8 other major earthquakes in the past.The fact that a French teacher was unaware of them is not proof they didn't happen.They did.It's in the history books with the dates.

Last edited by lifertexan; 05-28-2010 at 07:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 07:37 AM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,710,060 times
Reputation: 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm shocked because I haven't heard about any of the latter ones. I only heard about the Vanuatu earthquake yesterday. I had no idea there was 3 more the day before!!

I was talking with my French teacher (who is in her 60s-70s) and we were talking about the enviroment and natural disasters. She told me she has never heard of so many earthquakes occuring in her life up until the 2000s. And she told me her opinion about the Haiti earthquake is that before it happened, she has never heard of an earthquake appearing in Haiti. Besides the fact of it lying in the ring of fire. And this woman has traveled all over Europe and the Carribean. And I told her that scientist continually say it's all normal. But she said that's what their suppose to tell you. If they said earthquakes were on the rise, people would panic. I didn't realize that.

Just like the Greece earthquake that might take place in a few days. Millions of frogs were seen coming out the woodworks on Greecian highways. Experts say it's normal. It's mating season. History says it's an earthquake warning. So idk.

In other news a volcano erupted in Guatemala yesterday. I didn't catch that.

Volcano erupts near Guatemala City (http://http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/05/28/guatemala.volcano/index.html?hpt=Sbin - broken link)

I agree with you in one place. Greece is the MOST seismic active area in Europe so I too expect to hear that an earthquake will hit the area in the near future (relatively speaking). Next door is Turkey and that country is also prone to large quakes. Then we have Mount Etna is Italy which is the most active volcano in Europe. If either of these places have an earthquake or Etna or one of Italy's other volcanos go off, I for one (and many scientists and knowlegeable observers) won't be in the least surprise. Now, when the news obsess with it, it will be the FIRST time many people will ever hear of Etna or that that region is prone to quakes. That there is the REAL prediction. lol

Haiti and the rest of the Caribbean are in a zone 2 area (if I recall). This means that while the region is quake active, massive quakes over 7.5 are 100 year events. Haiti had a large quake over 100 years ago, so did Jamaica and my Virgin Islands had one back in 1897 or 1837 I think. Of course, all these places are due.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 07:43 AM
 
6,229 posts, read 9,510,885 times
Reputation: 7519
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
And so ends my attempt to enlighten the doom-desirers.Probably a wasted effort.
More like your lame attempts! LMAO .

Nobody cares dude. As more significant earthquakes become more and more apparent, your explanations are slowly sinking into cow dung. I swear you people act like television news and the internet wasn't here 10 years ago. Everything is exactly the same. I think your just mad because you know the bible's prohecies are coming true. That's why all the atheist were quick to jump in this thread and post the exact same explanations and quotes that they did the last time a thread like this was open.

It's friggin astounding to me how several significant earthquakes happened right after those 2 scientist released the reports about how "normal" this all is. People aren't stupid Texan. And I know you aren't either. Most likely you suspect something strange at the back of your head but you put off your own human logic because you have put your faith in scientist and refuses to believe otherwise. It's funny because I have learned how to be a Christian and accept basic scientific principles. Does it mean I'm willing to put down my own life experiences and common knowledge just because this scientist says this is so/so? No!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 07:49 AM
 
6,229 posts, read 9,510,885 times
Reputation: 7519
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Oh,BTW,Haiti has had at least 8 other major earthquakes in the past.The fact that a French teacher was unaware of them is not proof they didn't happen.They did.It's in the history books with the dates.
That's fine and dandy. But don't dismiss my family history. My entire family - ENTIRE family (first and second generation) were born and raised in Haiti up until the 1980s when the Haitian diaspora began and tell me why haven't any of them ever experienced one like the one this year?! I assume since California has those small 4.0s it wouldn't make the history books. But if Haiti has the same and has had 8 other major quakes (like you say), I would have to assume one or two would have occured there in the 1900s. My grandmother nor grandfather hadn't experienced one of that magnitude anytime they were in Haiti. So what's the deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:02 AM
 
6,229 posts, read 9,510,885 times
Reputation: 7519
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I agree with you in one place. Greece is the MOST seismic active area in Europe so I too expect to hear that an earthquake will hit the area in the near future (relatively speaking). Next door is Turkey and that country is also prone to large quakes. Then we have Mount Etna is Italy which is the most active volcano in Europe. If either of these places have an earthquake or Etna or one of Italy's other volcanos go off, I for one (and many scientists and knowlegeable observers) won't be in the least surprise. Now, when the news obsess with it, it will be the FIRST time many people will ever hear of Etna or that that region is prone to quakes. That there is the REAL prediction. lol

Haiti and the rest of the Caribbean are in a zone 2 area (if I recall). This means that while the region is quake active, massive quakes over 7.5 are 100 year events. Haiti had a large quake over 100 years ago, so did Jamaica and my Virgin Islands had one back in 1897 or 1837 I think. Of course, all these places are due.
Then how are they active? If they are 100 year events, then the area is not seimiscally active I would presume?! That's just like Boston. A huge earthquake hit the metro back in the 1800s and has since never hit again. Bostonians live their lives comfortably and Boston is seen as a generally earthquake free zone. But one day an earthquake will strike the area again and what happens then? It seems to me no matter where earthquakes hit, there will always be another excuse made from scientist as to how or why they did. The whole world might as well be on a fault zone! That's why I will just be sitting back and watching scientist get baffled in the coming months and years when these earthquakes start hitting the places where there never once were. Because if you think this is the beginning, you really haven't seen anything yet. The bible tells this. You keep dismissing it and watch how they keep adding up. Soon enough nobody is going to listen to people saying it's normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2010, 08:07 AM
 
1,883 posts, read 2,481,296 times
Reputation: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
More like your lame attempts! LMAO .

Nobody cares dude. As more significant earthquakes become more and more apparent, your explanations are slowly sinking into cow dung. I swear you people act like television news and the internet wasn't here 10 years ago. Everything is exactly the same. I think your just mad because you know the bible's prohecies are coming true. That's why all the atheist were quick to jump in this thread and post the exact same explanations and quotes that they did the last time a thread like this was open.

It's friggin astounding to me how several significant earthquakes happened right after those 2 scientist released the reports about how "normal" this all is. People aren't stupid Texan. And I know you aren't either. Most likely you suspect something strange at the back of your head but you put off your own human logic because you have put your faith in scientist and refuses to believe otherwise. It's funny because I have learned how to be a Christian and accept basic scientific principles. Does it mean I'm willing to put down my own life experiences and common knowledge just because this scientist says this is so/so? No!
Only someone determined to remain in blind ignorance would label an explanation of facts as lame.Oh well.I expected rational thought to be a waste on you guys,and I wasn't disappointed.

You can offer your own lame excuses as to why we are still here in 10 or 20 years.I have been listening to end of the world predictions since before you were born.The fact that you are engaging me in this charming conversation is proof that they were wrong then.And yet somehow,this time,this 250th time,they're gonna be right.LMAO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top