U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 03:22 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,451,865 times

Advertisements

Re- read your entire post. You'll see where the "all about me" comes in. Where you'll spend eternity is very important I'll say.

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 07-20-2010 at 03:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 09:14 PM

Moving along........

Why do scientists think something could be hidden beyond the edge of our solar system?

Snippet: A dark object may be lurking near our solar system, occasionally kicking comets in our direction. Nicknamed "Nemesis" or "The Death Star," this undetected object could be a red or brown dwarf star, or an even darker presence several times the mass of Jupiter. Why do scientists think something could be hidden beyond the edge of our solar system? Originally, Nemesis was suggested as a way to explain a cycle of mass extinction on Earth.

Full article here: SPACE.com -- Sun's Nemesis Pelted Earth with Comets, Study Suggests

Old 07-22-2010, 04:25 AM

497 posts, read 773,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:37 PM

Eight earthquakes struck the Moro Gulf off Mindanao island in the southern Philippines today and one rocked the northern Indonesian island of Sumatra, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

Three of the eight quakes in the Moro Gulf measured more than magnitude seven, the USGS reported on its website. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage, and tsunami warnings weren’t issued by the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.

Earthquakes Strike Philippines Moro Gulf, Indonesia’s Sumatra - BusinessWeek

Old 07-24-2010, 10:54 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,222,467 times
we're going home soon!!!

seriously,thank you Betsey for the update.at last count I had thought it was 6.thanks goodness the quakes were deep and no one was hurt.
as far as what it means,I have no idea.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:09 AM

30,037 posts, read 30,676,322 times
I wonder what your God has against this poor fellow... US Park Ranger Roy C. Sullivan from Virginia holds the record for the person most times struck by lightning - and living to tell the tale. Between 1942 and 1983, Roy has the dubious distinction of being struck by lightning seven times. He was known as the Human Lightning Rod. Do you think it's a sign?

Old 07-25-2010, 03:57 AM

32 posts, read 27,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Eight earthquakes struck the Moro Gulf off Mindanao island in the southern Philippines today and one rocked the northern Indonesian island of Sumatra, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

Three of the eight quakes in the Moro Gulf measured more than magnitude seven, the USGS reported on its website. There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage, and tsunami warnings weren’t issued by the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.

Earthquakes Strike Philippines Moro Gulf, Indonesia’s Sumatra - BusinessWeek
What?! When was this? That is insane! Have you heard about the floods in Iowa, Chicago, & Boston this week?! I can't believe there are still people saying this is normal. Since when? I don't ever remember a time in my life there was this much floodings, earthquakes, and tornadoes. What strikes me as odd is that at the beginning of this year, the only thing that was happening was the Haiti & Chile earthquake. Fast foward to summer, you got all these tornadoes and floodings. What was it this year so far - Brazil, China, Nashville, Wisconsin, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Kansas, I mean who's next? I don't understand how all these states are suddenly flooding. I thought Florida was suppose to be the tropical state. Florida always gets hit by hurricanes and floods. I haven't heard about a single flood happening there. But Boston? Iowa? The bible was not playing when it said diverse places. I swear I think Jesus is going to surprise us all and come sooner than expected.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:47 AM

115 posts, read 110,473 times
>Statistics out of context, are just like passages out of the bible, out of context, meaningless but useful in supporting which ever position is currently the bee under your bonnet

That's a quote to keep and repeat!

Old 07-25-2010, 08:51 AM

>when the concept of the world is ending is based soundly in mythology.

There's no sound basis for saying that. C. S. Lewis spent his entire life studying mythology and said that the Bible is not mythology.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:53 AM

>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur
I think you have that backwards, Betsy...They have been decreasing for years now....Evidence of this has been shown to you many times now.

>I didn't see that--can you show me?

I made that request 5 weeks ago. Still haven't been shown it. Why?!? Is it because such "evidence" doesn't really exist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity