U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 07:49 AM

1,207 posts, read 737,322 times

Advertisements

To all those people in the days of Noah, the sky was falling. The actual question was, "Why did the chicken get on the ark ?" The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 10:11 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,225,039 times
because Noah wanted scrambled eggs for breakfast? lol

Old 07-26-2010, 11:10 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,075,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djconklin View Post
>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur
I think you have that backwards, Betsy...They have been decreasing for years now....Evidence of this has been shown to you many times now.

>I didn't see that--can you show me?

I made that request 5 weeks ago. Still haven't been shown it. Why?!? Is it because such "evidence" doesn't really exist?
Actually, all this was covered in detail a while ago in a lengthy thread about The End Times Rapture. There was excellent documented evidence from the US Geological Survey (USGS) that in fact earthquakes >.. (what was it? 8.0?) or some such...) were decreasing. Betsey didn't like that evidence....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You seem so angry....over "nonsense" according to you. Why?
Aaaaannnnd there it is; the predictable deflection from the points I carefully made and the questions I asked. I love it when I can so easily corner a devout IDTr!

Yeah, I know; it's a character flaw, but I can live with it. Better than being stubborn and intransigent, huh?

Have a pleasant and cheerful night, Betsey, my dear! I have a sick cat to tend to. (I'm an animal lover you know... )

Old 07-27-2010, 01:36 AM

409 posts, read 340,444 times
It's God's approval of us, that we should be the most concerned with. Though we have seen and will see more catastrophes, the earth will be fine.

Genesis 8:22 (King James Version) 22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Ecclesiates 1:4 (King James Version) 4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth forever.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:07 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,075,019 times
Default Oh No!

This just in...

Mud, dead fish replace lake after Iowa dam break - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_missing_iowa_lake - broken link)

O..........................M..........................G!

Run for your lives!

Old 07-27-2010, 08:51 PM

poor fish

Old 07-28-2010, 02:49 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,455,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
To all those people in the days of Noah, the sky was falling. The actual question was, "Why did the chicken get on the ark ?" The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...

And....(finish the story) the scoffer's, naysayer's and mocker's, were doing the very same things YOU'RE doing today!! When did they get on the get on the ark? Yeah, you got it! They didn't.......

And Noah lived after the flood three hundred and fifty years............................................. carry on.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:15 AM

it's just gotten to the point that, IMO,it seems very bold at this point in time to proclaim the end is near.we don't KNOW that for sure.the example of Israel being the first bud on the fig tree could be wrong..it could very well be the generation born NOW,who see the signs and thus,that could very well mean another 70-80 yrs (or more) bf the end times.
It's just that it seems to cause a lot of apathy for ppl who keep looking for Jesus and the rapture to happen,and when it doesn't,many tend to become apathetic and complacent.IMO many of these ppl seem depressed or discontent/unsatisfied with their lives,and so being on the lookout is a way out of that.I bet many have even changed the course of their lives in believing this is going to happen soon,or in their own lifetime.
I just don't think we have any business saying for sure we're in the end times.Hal Lindsey nor any website has any business stating we are in the end times.(And especially those websites should not be stating the same!).Those seem more political than anything else.That's why I take them with a grain of salt.
As far as date-setting,one can do so just by simply stating we are in living in the end times;a specific date need not be set.That is enough to imply Jesus is coming soon.
Jesus said even He does not know that day nor hour.

JMO.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
it's just gotten to the point that, IMO,it seems very bold at this point in time to proclaim the end is near.we don't KNOW that for sure.the example of Israel being the first bud on the fig tree could be wrong..it could very well be the generation born NOW,who see the signs and thus,that could very well mean another 70-80 yrs (or more) bf the end times.
It's just that it seems to cause a lot of apathy for ppl who keep looking for Jesus and the rapture to happen,and when it doesn't,many tend to become apathetic and complacent.IMO many of these ppl seem depressed or discontent/unsatisfied with their lives,and so being on the lookout is a way out of that.I bet many have even changed the course of their lives in believing this is going to happen soon,or in their own lifetime.
I just don't think we have any business saying for sure we're in the end times.Hal Lindsey nor any website has any business stating we are in the end times.(And especially those websites should not be stating the same!).Those seem more political than anything else.That's why I take them with a grain of salt.
As far as date-setting,one can do so just by simply stating we are in living in the end times;a specific date need not be set.That is enough to imply Jesus is coming soon.
Jesus said even He does not know that day nor hour.

JMO.
Believe Jesus....forget Hal.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:46 AM

Meteorologists from the National Weather Service office in Aberdeen will be in Vivian today to determine if a July 23 hailstorm there produced one, or possibly more, record-setting hailstones
http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news...cc4c002e0.html

And great hail from heaven fell upon men, each hailstone about the weight of a talent. Men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, since that plague was exceedingly great. Rev. 16:21

According to the Almighty, they're only going to get bigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity