U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 06:31 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,569,905 times

Advertisements

Speaking of Earth Changes - I was wondering if anyone here got a glimpse of the Northern Lights because of some funky solar flares; I read about it yesterday:
Northern lights could illuminate the sky late Tuesday night - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 08:50 AM

16,301 posts, read 24,237,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
"And no, before some of you start, the worlds not "ending', things are changing".

Just be silent and pay attention for one minute...can you do that? Sometimes the "answers" are found in silence......
but but but earlier in this thread you said.............
Quote:
You're still not understanding.....today is the day of salvation, TODAY! Forget about the "world ending". Today......before your caught unaware. You never know when your number will be called, this is the END of which I speak....

The increase of "natural" disasters; of which we point to, they are just the "birth pangs"......

what did you mean?

Old 08-04-2010, 04:26 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,452,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
but but but earlier in this thread you said.............

what did you mean?
Put all the sentences together:

"And no, before some of you start, the worlds not "ending', things are changing" . Just be silent and pay attention for one minute...can you do that? Sometimes the "answers" are found in silence...... You're still not understanding.....today is the day of salvation, TODAY! Forget about the "world ending". Today......before your caught unaware. You never know when your number will be called, this is the END of which I speak.... The increase of "natural" disasters; of which we point to, they are just the "birth pangs"......

How many different ways do you want me to offer you Christ Jesus? Tell me... what is it that you're not understanding?

Old 08-04-2010, 07:23 PM

Default Salvation?

Quote:
Put all the sentences together:[b]

"And no, before some of you start, the worlds not "ending', things are changing" . Just be silent and pay attention for one minute...can you do that? Sometimes the "answers" are found in silence...... You're still not understanding.....today is the day of salvation, TODAY! Forget about the "world ending". Today......before your caught unaware. You never know when your number will be called, this is the END of which I speak.... The increase of "natural" disasters; of which we point to, they are just the "birth pangs"......

How many different ways do you want me to offer you Christ Jesus? Tell me... what is it that you're not understanding?
salvation
–noun

1. the act of saving or protecting from harm, risk, loss, destruction, etc.
  2. the state of being saved or protected from harm, risk, etc.
  3. a source, cause, or means of being saved or protected from harm, risk, etc.
  4. Theology. deliverance from the power and penalty of sin; redemption.
OK, 1, 2, and 3, common sense, a plan, supplies, insurance, cover this quite well, except in the extremes where all bets are off no mater the amount of preparation, but I don't loose sleep over the possibility.

#4, which is where I suspect you are coming from. I'm not a sinner, I don't need redemption from or for anything, and if I did, I certainly wouldn't be turning to an imaginary deity to give me imaginary redemption.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:21 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,569,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
salvation
–noun

1. the act of saving or protecting from harm, risk, loss, destruction, etc.
  2. the state of being saved or protected from harm, risk, etc.
  3. a source, cause, or means of being saved or protected from harm, risk, etc.
  4. Theology. deliverance from the power and penalty of sin; redemption.
OK, 1, 2, and 3, common sense, a plan, supplies, insurance, cover this quite well, except in the extremes where all bets are off no mater the amount of preparation, but I don't loose sleep over the possibility.

#4, which is where I suspect you are coming from. I'm not a sinner, I don't need redemption from or for anything, and if I did, I certainly wouldn't be turning to an imaginary deity to give me imaginary redemption.
So, then Asheville Native, you just argue with believers as a pass time, a sort of hobbie? Not that I care, but this particular forum seems an odd hangout for someone such as yourself. Perhaps you desire to convert believers to your atheist view? The odds of that are very low. Or perhaps it is just a way to vent your frustration with all the odd array of things that those who consider themselves followers of Christ adhere to. I very much dislike Republicans and could argue with them on just about everything. But first of all, I don't have the time, and 2nd of all, I doubt I could convert any of them from their (what I consider) misguided and dubious political ideologies. So I would not waste my time. I imagine there are liberals who do take the time or perhaps enjoy arguing with those people. But from my perspective - it is a waste of valuable time and energy. Similarly, there are folks on here who believe a lot of things that I disagree with, but I think it is best to let them continue believing whatever they want until perhaps sometime when they are reading someone else's views here, an intellectual or spiritual light-bulb will come on for them. In any event, I'm not trying to run you off - just rather fascinated that you hang out here with people that you think are completely delusional.

Heartsong

Old 08-06-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
So, then Asheville Native, you just argue with believers as a pass time, a sort of hobbie? Not that I care,
Since you don't care, then no answer.

Feel better now? Couldn't rebut what my point so turn it to personal attack. Now where have I seen that before

Old 08-06-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
So, then Asheville Native, you just argue with believers as a pass time, a sort of hobbie? Not that I care, but this particular forum seems an odd hangout for someone such as yourself. Perhaps you desire to convert believers to your atheist view? The odds of that are very low. Or perhaps it is just a way to vent your frustration with all the odd array of things that those who consider themselves followers of Christ adhere to. I very much dislike Republicans and could argue with them on just about everything. But first of all, I don't have the time, and 2nd of all, I doubt I could convert any of them from their (what I consider) misguided and dubious political ideologies. So I would not waste my time. I imagine there are liberals who do take the time or perhaps enjoy arguing with those people. But from my perspective - it is a waste of valuable time and energy. Similarly, there are folks on here who believe a lot of things that I disagree with, but I think it is best to let them continue believing whatever they want until perhaps sometime when they are reading someone else's views here, an intellectual or spiritual light-bulb will come on for them. In any event, I'm not trying to run you off - just rather fascinated that you hang out here with people that you think are completely delusional.
Heartsong

Even though we don't agree on much, I must rep you for this one! I'm also wondering.....and no, we don't want to run him off!

Old 11-09-2010, 08:13 PM

Keep your eyes on the SON!! For it is He that controls the sun. And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give Him glory. (Rev 16: 8-9)

Nov. 8, 2010: Prompted by a recent increase in solar activity, more than a hundred researchers and government officials are converging on Helwan, Egypt, to discuss a matter of global importance: storms from the sun.The International Space Weather Initiative - NASA Science

When is it a good time to gave Him glory?

Old 11-09-2010, 09:19 PM

Could you provide a translation, in English, common usage?

Old 11-09-2010, 09:32 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,222,881 times
I kwym ashe...reading scripture is like reading Shakespeare to me sometimes...I'm left scrathing my head thinking wha.....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity