U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2011, 03:55 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,578,222 times

Advertisements

Different day. Everything changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 04:04 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,578,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Betsy - do believe the literal moon will be turned into literal blood?

Just curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
hello?
You do allow questions on this discussion, right? Not much of a discussion if we don't respond to questions.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:21 AM

16,301 posts, read 24,296,043 times
January 1, 2, 8, 9, 13, and 18 are not the "same day"

All perfectly normal creaking and groaning of an old rocky planet with a core of liquid rock.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:48 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,727,656 times
I am going to admit that our weather patterns (NOT earthquakes) have been a little erratic of late. What I will NOT admit (because I STRONGLY disagree) is that some guy in the sky is orchestrating all the wild weather just to get people's attention or to fulfill some sick agenda. What we have is man screwing around with the nature around him, apparently with no regard, and receiving the repercussions that comes with it. Toss up a bunch of carbon up into the sky that eventually traps the sun's heat closer to the earth, you run the risk of more fuel (heat) to power more and larger, and thus, more potentially deadly storms. I guess this would physics 101.

Now, Bible thumpers prefer to believe that all of this fulfills some cosmic plan and that their god is up there rattling the universe to get us to notice he's around. As a result, they feel we need to run to his invisible feet and grovel before him like dogs and beg for his mercy to purchase a seat on the divine sky boat outta here before he finally drops the big one on us. This means there is NO need to do a better job of caring for the earth and respecting nature around us; rather, praying and begging Jesus to save us is the better option.

As for the earthquakes, they are as old as the earth itself. Nothing you do or don't do is going to stop them or make them more or less frequent.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:09 AM

6,652 posts, read 7,137,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I am going to admit that our weather patterns (NOT earthquakes) have been a little erratic of late. What I will NOT admit (because I STRONGLY disagree) is that some guy in the sky is orchestrating all the wild weather just to get people's attention or to fulfill some sick agenda. What we have is man screwing around with the nature around him, apparently with no regard, and receiving the repercussions that comes with it. Toss up a bunch of carbon up into the sky that eventually traps the sun's heat closer to the earth, you run the risk of more fuel (heat) to power more and larger, and thus, more potentially deadly storms. I guess this would physics 101.

Now, Bible thumpers prefer to believe that all of this fulfills some cosmic plan and that their god is up there rattling the universe to get us to notice he's around. As a result, they feel we need to run to his invisible feet and grovel before him like dogs and beg for his mercy to purchase a seat on the divine sky boat outta here before he finally drops the big one on us. This means there is NO need to do a better job of caring for the earth and respecting nature around us; rather, praying and begging Jesus to save us is the better option.

As for the earthquakes, they are as old as the earth itself. Nothing you do or don't do is going to stop them or make them more or less frequent.
I won't even give man the credit or blame for the weather, these are cycles that go back forever.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I won't even give man the credit or blame for the weather, these are cycles that go back forever.
They sure do. I won't deny that, but I think man CAN have some say in the matter. The weather will ALWAYS be with us - good and bad in their cycles - but I believe man can provide some fuel for weather events.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
They sure do. I won't deny that, but I think man CAN have some say in the matter. The weather will ALWAYS be with us - good and bad in their cycles - but I believe man can provide some fuel for weather events.
I agree there is a potential that man can help but I am just real skeptical. I really don't trust people who have such a zeal for control of my life. The environmental movement has a history of promoting solutions that take away my freedoms and promote group think, I just don’t trust them.

On a personal level I moved to a community that is walkable, it has a light rail stop going in blocs from my house, I went to a one car family, I live in an energy star rated house and I do all I can to save energy and reduce pollution.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:28 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,461,241 times
Quote:

"I am going to admit that our weather patterns (NOT earthquakes) have been a little erratic of late".

You're almost there....to whom much is given, much WILL be required!

Old 02-06-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
"I am going to admit that our weather patterns (NOT earthquakes) have been a little erratic of late".

I would have loved to have read your stuff had you lived during the dust bowls in the 30's, when the sun was blacked out for days. The end timers had a field day then.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

Almost where??? My conclusions were already grounded in physics. Do x and x will happen. Simple as that. This WITHIN NORMAL patterns of weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity