U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2011, 10:14 AM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,652 posts, read 7,185,512 times
Reputation: 2845

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Stop playing games. Times short, I know, you know better that what you've written here, right? So stop it!! Let's help bring them in, not confuse them. Surely we can do that, yes?
How do we bring them in?

I don't believe in fear messages to "save people" I believe that Jesus Saves. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2011, 12:42 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,726,229 times
Reputation: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
That's what you've 'heard', this is what's known........ 'We'll get what we deserve'! Can YOU handle it?

We are talking about something entirely different. We all reap what we sow, we indeed will all get what we deserve.

However, that is NOT the issue. The issue is if, as you say, God desires it, IT WILL happen.

Do you actually believe that if God desires it, it will happen, this is what you have said, this is what you proclaim to believe? Or are these just words typed out that sound good to you?

If you really believe as you say, then God will save all mankind, because he desires it.

1Ti 2:4 Who wills that all =mankind be saved and |come into a realization of the truth.

No one will perish, because God desires that they do not.


2Pt 3:9 . The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.



We seem to have found an area where we agree Betsy, I do believe that what God desires will happen.


2Pt 3:9 . The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.


Can you handle that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2011, 12:39 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,607,865 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

You need what I say to be true? So you'll take my words over the words of God?CLARIFICATION.....Forget Betsey, believe God!
If what Betsy says is true (ie: agrees with reality) I will believe it. This has nothing to do with either/or.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2011, 11:22 AM
 
8,209 posts, read 9,481,311 times
Reputation: 10423
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Oh really? How is that when he created the heavens and the Earth? He always gets what he wants because he created everything and everything is to his command.
But only if it fits within your box that contains your idea of god, correct? Because there is unfathomable suffering going on all the time. People are suffering through cancers, billions lives in poverty, people are raped and worse, get stoned to death or beheaded, get orphaned when their parents die in car crashes, get sold as sex slaves, etc etc. But it's all good because god gets what he wants and commands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,607,865 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
But it's all good because god gets what he wants and commands.
Don't think anyone said it's all good (?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,487,969 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
How do we bring them in?

I don't believe in fear messages to "save people" I believe that Jesus Saves. Sorry.
EXACTLY!! NO bypassing the SON!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,487,969 times
Reputation: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
We are talking about something entirely different. We all reap what we sow, we indeed will all get what we deserve.

However, that is NOT the issue. The issue is if, as you say, God desires it, IT WILL happen.

Do you actually believe that if God desires it, it will happen, this is what you have said, this is what you proclaim to believe? Or are these just words typed out that sound good to you?

If you really believe as you say, then God will save all mankind, because he desires it.

1Ti 2:4 Who wills that all =mankind be saved and |come into a realization of the truth.

No one will perish, because God desires that they do not.

2Pt 3:9 . The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.



We seem to have found an area where we agree Betsy, I do believe that what God desires will happen.


2Pt 3:9 . The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.


Can you handle that?
That's EXACTLY why He sent HIS SON!! There's no other way. There's a key that opens an "unbreakable box", no key, no entrance! I can desire to get in all I want, but I must possess the key; hence the only way in! YOU cannot bypass the SON, the 'key" and go straight to the throne! HE is the KEY! A blueprint has been provided for us on how to obtain that 'key', pick a version!!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (NIV)

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. (NLT)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (KJV)

For God had such love for the world that he gave his only Son, so that whoever has faith in him may not come to destruction but have eternal life. (Bible in Basic English)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. (Webster's Bible Translation)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life. (English Revised Version)


NO EXCUSES!! NONE! He gave us something to life eternal..........He gave the KEY!! Grasp it! Use it! You cannot pick this lock, sorry. Accept the KEY, unlock the door and let Him in and quit talking nonsense.



Can handle it.

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 02-13-2011 at 06:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2011, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,487,969 times
Reputation: 934
Here's some "signs" that some of you are waiting on......
Planetary tremor 2-11: Earth inching closer to major geological upheaval | The Extinction Protocol: 2012 and beyond

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpre...volcano-watch/

Same day? Nothing's change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 02:18 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,607,865 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
YOU are noting and posting signs. And then saying: "Here are some of the signs some of YOU are waiting for".

How odd.

Yellowstone could blow up the U.S. - no doubt about that.

An Asteroid could kill us all - no doubt about that.

Nothing new under the sun. no doubt about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 02:43 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,607,865 times
Reputation: 844
Here is a great balanced blog about Yellowstone, it's dangers, it's past and about government cover-ups:
How Americans: Yellowstone Cover Up: Fact or Fiction?
How Americans: Yellowstone Cover Up: Fact or Fiction? Part 2
How Americans: Yellowstone Cover Up: Fact or Fiction? Part 3 - The Danger At Hand
How Americans: Yellowstone Cover Up: Fact or Fiction? Part 4
How Americans: Yellowstone Cover Up: Fact or Fiction? Part 5 – The Real Danger?
How Americans: Yellowstone Cover Up: Fact or Fiction? Part 6 – Yellowstone's Explosive Past
How Americans: Yellowstone Cover Up: Fact or Fiction? Part 7 - The Facts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top