U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 03:15 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,688,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
That would be something that hasn't happened hundreds of times a year every year since the dawn of man.Isn't that hard to figure out.When earthquakes are happening at the same rate they have throughout history,no one with any common sense considers them as signs of the end of the world.Those without....
This responses cracks me up! Like YOU or ANYONE knows since the "dawn of man" how many earthquakes there were and how often they occurred and how large they were. Give me a break!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 03:32 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,483,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
This responses cracks me up! Like YOU or ANYONE knows since the "dawn of man" how many earthquakes there were and how often they occurred and how large they were. Give me a break!
A figure of speech,but, fair enough.I suppose you must think then that earthquakes are a relatively new geological phenomenon

So,from about the 1500's,when scientists around the world started recording such events in historical records,there have been hundreds recorded each year.And they have not shown any increase in frequency.Only an increase in reporting them due to 24 hour news and better worldwide communication.

So now what will your excuse be?

Last edited by lifertexan; 05-28-2010 at 04:46 PM..

Old 05-28-2010, 03:37 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,383,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
And that book is called the Revelation of who?

Jesus Christ - it's the revealing of Him! All these things being shaken are to prepare the sons.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:56 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,383,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
In the revelation of John the stars were the angels to the churches. I don't know of any place else where they are called that.
There are 54 verses (I think) in the KJV that use "stars," and quite a few are not referring to actual stars in the sky but angelic hosts or other things(double meaning sometimes).

Revelation 12:4 for instance: His tail drew 1/3 of the stars out of heaven (adversary taking 1/3 of the angels)

The "heavens" being shaken and the "stars" falling could mean something entirely different than what most think.

(do you ever wonder why there are stars all over our flags, shoes, clothes, achievements? Not to mention tanks, weapons, and such. Five-pointed stars also seem to have a rather strong association with military, war, and the like)

A re-arranging of the "stars" in this universe would be nice.

Last edited by herefornow; 05-28-2010 at 04:33 PM..

Old 05-28-2010, 05:38 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,688,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
A figure of speech,but, fair enough.I suppose you must think then that earthquakes are a relatively new geological phenomenon

So,from about the 1500's,when scientists around the world started recording such events in historical records,there have been hundreds recorded each year.And they have not shown any increase in frequency.Only an increase in reporting them due to 24 hour news and better worldwide communication.

So now what will your excuse be?
Regarding the part I bolded, the Bible speaks of earthquakes so I don't know where you get the idea that I think they are a new phenomenon. Why would you even write that? Are you trying to make me look stupid?

Lifertexan, I am not trying to convince you of anything. Clearly you have your mind made up so there is no point in having this conversation. God bless.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:39 PM

6,232 posts, read 9,524,093 times
Another Volcano has erupted in Ecuador. I didn't catch that one.

Volcano's eruptions spurs evacuations

Also, I'm sorry I took so long to reply guys. The computer was in use for hours!! I'll be replying to all my fans very soon just give me time! Lol

Old 05-28-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Regarding the part I bolded, the Bible speaks of earthquakes so I don't know where you get the idea that I think they are a new phenomenon. Why would you even write that? Are you trying to make me look stupid?

Why would I need to try and make those who don't understand seismology and think it signals the end of the world look stupid?

Old 05-28-2010, 06:59 PM

30,038 posts, read 30,699,871 times
This is as close to human extinction as we have ever been.... It happened 70,000 years ago.

YouTube - Super Volcano & genetic bottleneck

Last edited by sanspeur; 05-28-2010 at 07:13 PM..

Old 05-29-2010, 05:59 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,224,644 times
for the record,I have never heard of a fundie who believes we're in the end times,at least not the standard ones who shun all birth control,like the extra -big families being showcased on tv nowadays.that would ruin their have baby -after- baby-after baby agenda.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:44 PM

Believing we are in the end times is a classical fundie position.There are very few who do NOT believe we are.The fact that many are trying to increase the populations of real God fearing 'mericans until this happens doesn't change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity