Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 11:02 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
It has to do with PAYING ATTENTION!! More than anything else, they should be a wake up call to all. The powers of the Most High needs no interpretation, PERIOD! It's the.......sinful, hardheaded, willful, unbelieving human beings that NEED THE SIGNS! It will all make sense soon............
I actually believe it's those under the delusional teaching of orthodox christianity that is always looking out for signs . When we begin to understand the Kingdom is within us we give up looking for signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 11:25 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,031 times
shocked and amazed that a sink hole would appear there.

oh wait.. same thing happened three years ago..

Massive Guatemala Sinkhole Kills 2 Teens - CBS News

current status is less shocked and less amazed.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:43 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,002,685 times
Quote:
It has to do with PAYING ATTENTION!! More than anything else, they should be a wake up call to all. The powers of the Most High needs no interpretation, PERIOD! It's the.......sinful, hardheaded, willful, unbelieving human beings that NEED THE SIGNS! It will all make sense soon............

You you make a previous statement asking who said anything about signs,and then post this?

Geez Louise.

Are they signs or are they not?

Old 06-01-2010, 07:55 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,122 times
Quote:
I'm here to share what's on my heart, not to play word games like some like to do, anything that's "said".....just take it with, or without a "grain of salt", but please stop with the word twisting, deal? I don't know about you, but I have a bigger agenda.
Not twisting - just trying to understand (from your perspective).

Do you want this age to come and the next to start or not?

If I was an ET believer and I thought this was the end times I would say - bring it on. Many more people are being born than dying and "few there be who find it" so it would be best overall to shut this mess down ASAP (under those circumstances). Less people to damn and all oppression and evil done to innocents would cease, justice would be established etc.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:47 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,922 times
Quote:
Thanks for that! Oh yes, don't we know it? Making my final preparations to leave this "end" of FL very soon. I don't think the children can take another hurricane season, they get so terrified. Doesn't take much here for the lights to go out.

I know FPL (Florida Power & Light) has been diligently working around the clock to strengthened their infrastructure. They have replaced the older power lines with some newer, massive poles in my neighborhood, and are working around the clock to get the entire area completed by 2011 one of the workers told me. I know they're doing great things and will continue to do so.

Still.... I'm out of here. Just wish I could take all my neighbors with me and re-plant them alongside where I'm heading. You see, I have the most wonderful neighbors on the entire plant (if I do say so myself). Nobody ever goes hungry around here! If one doesn't have it and needs it, you better believe somebody's showing up on your doorstep before the sun goes down!

Well, here's to wishing you all a non-productive hurricane season! Godspeed.
happy moving Betsey...be safe!

Old 06-02-2010, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

Meant to say "Do you want this age to come to an end"

Old 06-02-2010, 11:03 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

If I was an ET believer and I thought this was the end times I would say - bring it on. Many more people are being born than dying and "few there be who find it" so it would be best overall to shut this mess down ASAP (under those circumstances). Less people to damn and all oppression and evil done to innocents would cease, justice would be established etc.

If you were an ET believer and thought this was the end times YOU would say bring it on? That's YOU and YOUR choice. For me BETSEY...as much as I want to be in His presence, I'm praying for one more day, JUST ONE MORE so that SOMEBODY, ANYBODY can also experience that unspeakable joy that I'm certain we will know; when we're finally home.

Do I want this age to come and the next to start you asked? Betsey says: Betsey's desires, and the age to come and the next to start has absolutely NO bearings on it happening in due time, NONE! God's will, again, WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN! Period!!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:07 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
You you make a previous statement asking who said anything about signs,and then post this?

Geez Louise.

Are they signs or are they not?
Yes, that's exactly what I said.....Thelma...excuse me, lifer.. Don't contradict yourself, re-read the post, carefully. All of it.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:32 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,623 times
Quote:
If you were an ET believer and thought this was the end times YOU would say bring it on? That's YOU and YOUR choice. For me BETSEY...as much as I want to be in His presence, I'm praying for one more day, JUST ONE MORE so that SOMEBODY, ANYBODY can also experience that unspeakable joy that I'm certain we will know; when we're finally home.

Do I want this age to come and the next to start you asked? Betsey says: Betsey's desires, and the age to come and the next to start has absolutely NO bearings on it happening in due time, NONE! God's will, again, WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN! Period!!
Amen!!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Of course - this is not about you are I - maybe I should rephrase:
If one was an eternal torment believer and an end times believer then why wish to extend it?

Since ET believers also believe that "few there be who find it" and since more people are born than die (ie: the population of earth is greatly increasing daily) then for every day you are "praying for one more day, JUST ONE MORE so that SOMEBODY, ANYBODY can also experience that unspeakable joy that I'm certain we will know; when we're finally home" there are a greater number that will experience eternal agony (according to your ET paradigm).

(If I am misrepresenting your beliefs in any way - PLEASE correct me!)

In fact IF the scripture that you and others have thrown at me when calling me a "scoffer" ie: "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance" means what you think it means then it doesn't make ANY sense. That is BILLIONS more have been damned to eternal torment because of the patience of the Lord.

You see Betsey - I have an agenda too. I believe terrible harm is done BOTH by:

1. false "end times" futurist teachings and:
2. false eternal torment teachings.

So I ask questions - very simple direct questions which expose them (the teachings) for what they are. Believe it or not - I'm fighting FOR you, not against you.

My elderly father (he's 82 and still drives) passed by today as I was working on expanding my wife's store. He made a u-turn and pulled up and said "What are you doing son? You're pouring concrete? Why??? This will ALL be over in a couple of months or so! Don't you watch the news? Israel had to kill some terrorists and they're being called murderers and Armageddon is going to break out any day now! You're wasting your time".

So - instead of a father and son having a nice discussion about the great job I'm doing (I'm building this QUALITY so my GREAT GRAND-KIDS can still be using it!) I get this speech from my dear dad (who has been DUPED out of out of most of his money by end-time scam artists - as I've shared about before) about how anything I plan for the future is futile.

Now granted - "time and chance happen to all" (that's bible) and ALL my efforts MAY be futile (men are snared when an evil time falls upon them) but my point is that I believe that end timers are mis-understanding the scriptures and hurting themselves and others by propagating false understandings about God (in general) and the bible in particular.

So - don't be surprised if I ask some questions on this discussion forum.

Care to address my clear questions?

Of course - you can choose not to but *(in my very humble opinion) someone who is positive they are "final answer" right should jump at the chance to give a clear explanation of their (God given - faith based) reasoning.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity