U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 04:10 PM

26,259 posts, read 13,925,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
The question then is this... why are those verses there in the first place? Could it be that these are the verses we need to pay closer attention to? Why is the Bible filled with contradictions? Could it be that the Bible contains errors that were written by men who had no understanding of Jesus' true teachings?

Countless Changes Have Been Made in the Copying and Recopying of the Original Manuscripts Left by the Disciples and Apostles of Jesus (http://tinyurl.com/3xj7bhv - broken link)
How do they compare the originals to today?...have they discovered the original texts?..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 04:12 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,685,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
That is true CW2L. The Jews understood Jesus and tried to stone Him for blaspheme. John 10:33. The Jews answered Him, ''For a good work we do not stone you, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.

What many don't understand, is that if Jesus had proven to the Jews beyond any doubt that He was God, then He never would have gone to the Cross, and there would have been no salvation. Jesus had to go to the Cross. He provided enough information so that those who would believe, would; and so that those who wouldn't believe (Ananias and Caiaphas), would conspire to put Him on the Cross, thus accomplishing God's will, purpose and intention.

It is certainly true that Satan deceives the world. However, he only deceives those who have already rejected the truth. One does not believe a lie until he has first rejected the truth. When one is careless with the truth, or resentful of it, then comes the cosmic doctrines of Satan's cosmos diabolicus to present appealing alternatives to the truth for those who are suckers and will buy into his strategics and deceit. And so they become casualties in the angelic conflict.

Even though Satan will be imprisoned for the duration of the Millennium, until its end; there will be many people who, even though Jesus Christ is physically present on the earth ruling from the throne of David in perfect justice, will nevertheless reject Him as Savior. And then when Satan is released from his prison for a while, he will immediately deceive the nations and instigate the Gog and Magog war of Revelation 20:7-9.

Just as Satan wanted to be independent of God, so do many people. And Satan will help them believe the lie that they can be independent.

And then there are those people who don't like the Biblical God, who is the only true God, and so they custom make their own god by picking and chosing from the Bible those things that are to their liking and worship that god which they have created.
Well said. I agree with everything you wrote. Indeed to be deceived you must first reject the truth. It's very apparent on here. The angelic conflict is so very real and those who attack you, along with the others who speak the Truth, are really attacking Christ. John 15:18 "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." You are pleasing the Lord and that's what truly matters. God bless. Keep posting the Truth!

Old 05-28-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
That is true CW2L. The Jews understood Jesus and tried to stone Him for blaspheme. John 10:33. The Jews answered Him, ''For a good work we do not stone you, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.

What many don't understand, is that if Jesus had proven to the Jews beyond any doubt that He was God, then He never would have gone to the Cross, and there would have been no salvation. Jesus had to go to the Cross. He provided enough information so that those who would believe, would; and so that those who wouldn't believe (Ananias and Caiaphas), would conspire to put Him on the Cross, thus accomplishing God's will, purpose and intention.

It is certainly true that Satan deceives the world. However, he only deceives those who have already rejected the truth. One does not believe a lie until he has first rejected the truth. When one is careless with the truth, or resentful of it, then comes the cosmic doctrines of Satan's cosmos diabolicus to present appealing alternatives to the truth for those who are suckers and will buy into his strategics and deceit. And so they become casualties in the angelic conflict.

Even though Satan will be imprisoned for the duration of the Millennium, until its end; there will be many people who, even though Jesus Christ is physically present on the earth ruling from the throne of David in perfect justice, will nevertheless reject Him as Savior. And then when Satan is released from his prison for a while, he will immediately deceive the nations and instigate the Gog and Magog war of Revelation 20:7-9.

Just as Satan wanted to be independent of God, so do many people. And Satan will help them believe the lie that they can be independent.

And then there are those people who don't like the Biblical God, who is the only true God, and so they custom make their own god by picking and chosing from the Bible those things that are to their liking and worship that god which they have created.
that's a little light...

Old 05-28-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
This scripture of Thomas' confession ...... really shows Christ being God, I could never figure out how people can totally deny this scripture! It's pretty obvious and seems plan enough that I would think the natural mind could see it, but guess not !!!
But, the natural mind does not accept the truth nor is it able to...

Old 05-28-2010, 04:27 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,685,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
This scripture of Thomas' confession ...... really shows Christ being God, I could never figure out how people can totally deny this scripture! It's pretty obvious and seems plan enough that I would think the natural mind could see it, but guess not !!!
Exactly Latte..or when the women saw Jesus after He was resurrected and they worshipped Him. If He wasn't God, wouldn't Jesus have told them to stop and only worship God?

There is no denying that Jesus is God. It boggles my mind that people can't grasp this.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:34 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,554,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Exactly Latte..or when the women saw Jesus after He was resurrected and they worshipped Him. If He wasn't God, wouldn't Jesus have told them to stop and only worship God?
There's a message in that. Jesus had to separate even His flesh from the equation, just as we are to do.

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (John 20:17)

I didn't mean to throw a verse in there that could cause more confusion about He being different from His Father, for they are one in spirit and purpose - not something easily understood by the natural mind.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:36 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,387,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Not at all. Christ is Christ, however you want to perceive Him, and God is God. That is the logic. They are just names of beings, whether you believe they are divine deity or not, is irrelevant.

God claimed He would come and dwell among His people, as a King, Saviour and servant.

Christ Claimed He was that one who was to come and fulfill the above.

Therefore, Christ is God who claimed He would come and dwell among men. Remember, God forsake Christ on the cross. If He was merely a man, He would not need to do this, for they are separate beings, and not........one, and Him being sin would have no effect on God or His quintessential purity. But it did, so He forsook Him.
I agree that God sent his WORD or message even thoughts to flesh but his very essence? The bible doesn't say that. The bible says it is God's word.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:44 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,380,989 times
Quote:
The Godhead consists of three separate and distinct Persons who each have their own will. They are one in their essence. They are a united One. Echad in the Hebrew. One God in three Persons. Each of whom is God. And the three together are ONE God.

Each member of the trinity is co-equal and co-eternal with the other two. In the datelessness of eternity past the three members of the Godhead planned how they were going to address the problem of mans need of salvation. The first Person of the Trinity, known as God the Father, commissioned the second Person of the trinity who we know as Jesus Christ, to come into the world and go to the Cross in order to redeem man. Jesus agreed to do this. In so doing, He agreed of His own will, to subject Himself in all ways to the will of the Father.

In His deity, Jesus was not temptable. In His humanity, He was temptable. Satan tempted Jesus to use His deity independently of the Fathers will. The plan of God called for Jesus to depend on the ministry of God the Holy Spirit, rather then depending on Himself. Just as all believers are to depend on the Holy Spirits enabling ministry. In Matthew 4:4, Jesus was tempted by Satan to use His deity to turn stones into bread. Something that only God
could do.

Had Jesus acted independently of the Father's will, there would have been no salvation. In the garden of Gethsemane, Jesus was under intense pressure. He
was cognizant of what He was about to face, and was deeply troubled by the impending ordeal He was about to face. He could have faltered. But He did not. He chose to remain in the Fathers will and drink the cup He must drink in
order to provide salvation.

God the Father is God

God the Holy Spirit is God

Jesus Christ is God

The three together are God.

Since the incarnation when Jesus Christ took upon Himself the form of a man, He is forevermore, the unique Person of the universe. The God-Man. Eternal
and infinite God, and true humanity in one Person.
So, if Jesus had allowed himself to give in to a TRUE temptation he would not have been God anymore? How is that possible, if you ARE God?

Old 05-28-2010, 04:47 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,387,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
How deep is you understanding...Anti-Christ mean anything to you?
Funny you should bring that up.. THE BIBLE SAYS:
"Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist." 2 John 1:7

Yet where does it say that to deny God as coming in the flesh is antichrist?

Old 05-28-2010, 04:50 PM

20,299 posts, read 15,647,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Why does it talk about morning stars being angels and then Jesus is said to be a morning star? KJV Revelation 22:16
It's simply a descriptive title. Angels are bright and lustrous beings. They are sometimes referred to in the Bible as morning stars.

Regarding Jesus Christ:

In John 1:4 it says, 'In Him was life, and the life was the light of men, 5) And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

In the prophecy of Numbers 24:17, Jesus is described as , 'A star shall come forth from Jacob.

Jesus, being God, is the brightness of God's glory. He is the revealed member of the Godhead. Hebrews 1:3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high; 4) having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.

When Jesus went to the Cross and died for the sins of the world, He won the strategic victory in the angelic conflict. He broke the back of Satan so to speak, and inherited the title, King of kings and Lord of lords, the bright morning star.

Revelation 22:16 says this. ''I Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright mornng star.''

As God, Jesus Christ is the root, the source of David's family and kingdom.

As man, Jesus Christ is descended from Davids loins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or