U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 05:48 AM

26,385 posts, read 13,994,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
There were no original texts per se, because Jesus' followers didn't see the need to write anything down, as they believed that he would return again and establish his kingdom on earth.

As I posted a couple of things in this thread, there are snippets of truth in the Bible. Jesus' spiritual teachings were about soul development and becoming at-one with our Heavenly Father by receiving His grace, or Divine Love, which is brought to us by the Holy Spirit, and this brings with it salvation and immortality... and his kingdom is in the spirit world... and it's called the Celestial Heavens.

The link I posted is from Luke, who said that he wrote down many of Jesus' truths, but over time... some 150 years after Jesus was gone... men were less spiritual and were more interested in establishing churches and their focus was on moral teachings ala the Ten Commandments... they didn't understand Jesus' spiritual message and instead reworked elements of the Jewish faith into what they perceived was the plan of salvation and came up with this idea that there must be a blood sacrifice... which is totally contradictory to what our Father said to Abraham... no more blood sacrifices.

Because Jesus wrote through James Padgett from 1914-1923 and gave a detailed and accurate account of exactly what his mission was... these messages are considered his second coming. Of interest is the simplicity of his message and the fact that everything makes so much sense... like the fact that his mother wasn't a virgin, but a mom just like yours and mine. A lot of made up stuff was inserted in there to give Jesus a persona as of God, but he tells us he isn't and was never God... but he was a divine man because he followed the will of our Father... something we can do ourselves, it if is our desire to do so.

There is so much great information about who and what is God, the holy spirit, where do our souls come from, why are we here and where are we going... this website is well worth checking into for those who believe in our Father, but question the accuracy of the Bible.

http://www.truthforallpeople.com
I know who you are talking about...it is a book that my cousin read and then his father discovered it in his room, he was wondering what made a change in him because he was so dark and stayed locked up in his room most of the time, so he searched his room and found and read the book, the book is listed without an author, i cannot remember the name of it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 05:48 AM

3,582 posts, read 460,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
And I thought I was having an LSD flashback........

SoCal, I will pray for you.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:16 AM

1,839 posts, read 1,716,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
And in saying these things, you show yourself to have been deceived by the god of this world. If a person doesn't recognize the deity of Christ, he doesn't believe in the Jesus Christ of the Bible. He instead has placed his faith in some other Jesus. One who has no power to save, since he doesn't exist. Those who profess to believe in Christ and yet deny His deity are not saved. They have a cultish belief. Not a Biblical belief.
I love Jesus as much as you do, believe me... matter of fact, last year he came to me twice and poured his love on me, which was the most awesome and humbling experience... that I was in tears. I hope he has done the same for you and others here as well.

Someone posted that what I'm sharing is new age... well, that's not accurate as that philosophy subscribes to the notion that we are born divine, which we are not... we can only become divine if we pray for and receive God's Divine Love in our souls.

Christ isn't Jesus the man... it is the principle of God's Divine Love... so when it's mentioned in the OT and NT, that's what it means... whenever the Bible speaks about the Word... why did it not say Love? Doesn't this seem odd to you? Words are of the mind and can be changed at the whim of men... but love is of the heart and soul... and when the soul is developed to a certain degree with God's Divine Love, it knows the truth and more and more love just keeps flowing in.

In St. Luke 24:32: And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Now why is this mentioned... "our heart burn within us?" Perhaps, this is a verse that needs more attention.

It would seem that many Christians feel this burning in their hearts... do you?

Old 05-29-2010, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
And I thought I was having an LSD flashback........ SoCal, I will pray for you.

And I will pray for you as well.

Old 05-29-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I know who you are talking about...it is a book that my cousin read and then his father discovered it in his room, he was wondering what made a change in him because he was so dark and stayed locked up in his room most of the time, so he searched his room and found and read the book, the book is listed without an author, i cannot remember the name of it...
Obviously, it's not the same book.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:12 AM

26,385 posts, read 13,994,881 times
Quote:
Obviously, it's not the same book.
Now i remember, it is called The Urantia Book...
The Urantia Book (sometimes called the Urantia Papers or The Fifth Epochal Revelation) is a spiritual and philosophical book that discusses God, Jesus, science, cosmology, religion, history and destiny.[1] It originated in Chicago, Illinois, USA, sometime between 1924 and 1955. There has been much debate and speculation on how the papers were produced[2] and who the authors were....

The Urantia Book is 2,097 pages long, and consists of an introductory statement followed by 196 "papers" divided into four parts:
  • Foreword
  • Part I: The Central and Superuniverses
  • Part II: The Local Universe
  • Part III: The History of Urantia
  • Part IV: The Life and Teachings of Jesus
The foreword is presented as a guide to the terminology developed in greater detail in Part I, introducing explanations for concepts and words that are "in designation of Deity and certain associated concepts of the things, meanings, and values of universal reality."
Part I consists of 31 papers that address what are considered the highest levels of creation, beginning with the "First Source and Center of all things and beings", the eternal and infinite "Universal Father".
Part II is composed of 25 papers pertaining to the origin, administration and personalities of "local universes." It presents narratives on the inhabitants of local universes and their work as it is coordinated with a scheme of spiritual ascension and progression of different orders of beings, including humans.
Part III includes 48 papers that compile a broad history of the Earth, presenting a purported explanation of the origin, purpose, and destiny of the world and its inhabitants. An additional 15 papers cover various topics such as "Deity and Reality", the concept of the Thought Adjuster, "Personality Survival", and "The Bestowals of Christ Michael".
Part IV is presented in 77 papers and narrates "The Life and Teachings of Jesus". Included are papers about his childhood, teenage years, family life, various employment experiences before the commencement of his public ministry, an exhaustive recital of his public ministry and the events that led to his crucifixion, death, and resurrection. It continues with papers about appearances after he rose, Pentecost, and finally, "The Faith of Jesus". Through the story of Jesus' life, Part IV illustrates many of the concepts presented in the first three parts...

The exact circumstances of the origin of The Urantia Book are unknown. The book and its publishers do not name a human author, instead it is written as if directly presented by numerous celestial beings appointed to the task of providing an "epochal" spiritual revelation to humankind. For each paper, either a name, or an order of celestial being, or a group of beings is credited as its author.[7][8][9]
As early as 1911, William S. Sadler and his wife Lena Sadler, physicians in Chicago and well known in the community, were approached by a neighbor who was concerned because she would occasionally find her husband in a deep sleep and breathing abnormally.[2][7] She reported that she was unable to wake him at these times. The Sadlers came to observe the episodes, and over time, the individual produced verbal communications that claimed to be from "student visitor" spiritual beings.[2] This changed in early 1925 with a "voluminous handwritten document", which from then on became the regular method of purported communication.[2] The Sadlers were both respected physicians, and William Sadler was a debunker of paranormal claims, who is portrayed as not believing in the supernatural. In 1929, he published a book called The Mind at Mischief, in which he explained the fraudulent methods of mediums and how self-deception leads to psychic claims. He wrote in an appendix that there were two cases that he had not explained to his satisfaction. - More Information can be found here - The Urantia Book - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"There is in the mind of God a plan which embraces every creature of all his vast domains, and this plan is an eternal purpose of boundless opportunity, unlimited progress, and endless life. And the infinite treasures of such a matchless career are yours for the striving. "A new and fuller revelation of the religion of Jesus is destined to conquer an empire of materialistic secularism and to overthrow a world sway of mechanistic naturalism. Your world, Urantia, is now quivering on the very brink of one of its most amazing and enthralling epochs of social readjustment, moral quickening, and spiritual enlightenment."
Excerpts from The Urantia Book. - Explore The Urantia Book—Everything Online!!

And here is the full text with TOC... - The Urantia Book: Table of Contents, English Print Edition

Here are some of the TOC Regarding Jesus...

PART IV: THE LIFE AND TEACHINGS OF JESUS

120. The Bestowal of Michael on Urantia
121. The Times of Michael's Bestowal
122. Birth and Infancy of Jesus
123. The Early Childhood of Jesus
124. The Later Childhood of Jesus
125. Jesus at Jerusalem
126. The Two Crucial Years
127. The Adolescent Years
128. Jesus' Early Manhood
129. The Later Adult Life of Jesus
130. On the Way to Rome
131. The World's Religions
132. The Sojourn at Rome
133. The Return From Rome
134. The Transition Years
135. John the Baptist
136. Baptism and the Forty Days
137. Tarrying Time in Galilee
138. Training the Kingdom's Messengers
139. The Twelve Apostles
140. The Ordination of the Twelve
141. Beginning the Public Work
142. The Passover at Jerusalem
143. Going Through Samaria
144. At Gilboa and in the Decapolis
145. Four Eventful Days at Capernaum
146. First Preaching Tour of Galilee
147. The Interlude Visit to Jerusalem
148. Training Evangelists at Bethsaida
149. The Second Preaching Tour
150. The Third Preaching Tour
151. Tarrying and Teaching by the Seaside
152. Events Leading Up to the Capernaum Crisis
153. The Crisis at Capernaum
154. Last Days at Capernaum
155. Fleeing Through Northern Galilee
156. The Sojourn at Tyre and Sidon
157. At Caesarea Philippi
158. The Mount of Transfiguration
159. The Decapolis Tour
160. Rodan of Alexandria
161. Further Discussions with Rodan
162. At the Feast of Tabernacles
163. Ordination of the Seventy at Magadan
164. At the Feast of Dedication
165. The Perean Mission Begins
166. Last Visit to Northern Perea
167. The Visit to Philadelphia
168. The Resurrection of Lazarus
169. Last Teaching at Pella
170. The Kingdom of Heaven
171. On the Way to Jerusalem
172. Going to Jerusalem
173. Monday in Jerusalem
174. Tuesday Morning in the Temple
175. The Last Temple Discourse
176. Tuesday Evening on Mount Olivet
177. Wednesday, the Rest Day178. Last Day at the Camp
179. The Last Supper
180. The Farewell Discourse
181. Final Admonitions and Warnings
182. In Gethsemane
183. The Betrayal and Arrest of Jesus
184. Before the Sanhedrin Court
185. The Trial Before Pilate
186. Just Before the Crucifixion
187. The Crucifixion
188. The Time of the Tomb
189. The Resurrection
190. Morontia Appearances of Jesus
191. Appearances to the Apostles and Other Leaders
192. Appearances in Galilee
193. Final Appearances and Ascension
194. Bestowal of the Spirit of Truth
195. After Pentecost
196. The Faith of Jesus

Last edited by Richard1965; 05-29-2010 at 07:23 AM..

Old 05-29-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Now i remember, it is called The Urantia Book...
Like I said... it's the wrong book. I've never read that book... and I have no plans to do so in the future.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:03 AM

20,329 posts, read 15,701,005 times
Quote:
I love Jesus as much as you do, believe me... matter of fact, last year he came to me twice and poured his love on me, which was the most awesome and humbling experience... that I was in tears. I hope he has done the same for you and others here as well.

Someone posted that what I'm sharing is new age... well, that's not accurate as that philosophy subscribes to the notion that we are born divine, which we are not... we can only become divine if we pray for and receive God's Divine Love in our souls.

Christ isn't Jesus the man... it is the principle of God's Divine Love... so when it's mentioned in the OT and NT, that's what it means... whenever the Bible speaks about the Word... why did it not say Love? Doesn't this seem odd to you? Words are of the mind and can be changed at the whim of men... but love is of the heart and soul... and when the soul is developed to a certain degree with God's Divine Love, it knows the truth and more and more love just keeps flowing in.

In St. Luke 24:32: And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Now why is this mentioned... "our heart burn within us?" Perhaps, this is a verse that needs more attention.

It would seem that many Christians feel this burning in their hearts... do you?
Members of the group you belong to don't even know who Jesus Christ is. You're a part of the divine love movement. It is not Biblical. Here is the opening statement of the divine-love.org website.

Excerpt:

Quote:
This site is centered around the True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus. The unique contents of these Padgett Messages reveal how every human soul can receive the Divine Love, the Substance of the Soul of God, by earnestly praying for Its bestowal through heartfelt soul-longing.
The Divine Love was offered to our First Parents, who regrettably refused this wondrous Gift. Two thousand years ago, God reinstated the Gift of receiving the Divine Love, and sent His Son, Jesus of Nazareth, free of sin and error, to bring Mankind the Good News that every soul praying for, and receiving, the Divine Love could have Eternal Life in the Celestial Kingdom of God.

These Revelations and the instructions as to how to receive this Divine Love was the true mission of Jesus in coming to Earth, rather than the commonly accepted Orthodox version of salvation through Jesus' sacrifice and death on the cross.
Here is the link to this group.

Divine Love

I repeat. This group and this movement teach things that are in direct contradiction of the Bible.

The movement you belong to denies the deity of Christ, and rejects the fact that the primary reason Christ came into the world was to provide salvation through His substitutionary death on the Cross. You yourself said that the Bible contains only 'snippets of truth.' You are following a false Christ.

Last edited by Mike555; 05-29-2010 at 11:59 AM..

Old 05-29-2010, 12:39 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,295,475 times
Quote:
The movement you belong to denies the deity of Christ, and rejects the fact that the primary reason Christ came into the world was to provide salvation through His substitutionary death on the Cross. You yourself said that the Bible contains only 'snippets of truth.' You are following a false Christ.
Like I said, I will pray for you Socal

Old 05-29-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
The movement you belong to denies the deity of Christ, and rejects the fact that Christ came into the world to provide salvation through His substitutionary death on the Cross. You yourself said that the Bible contains only 'snippets of truth.' You are following a false Christ.
You know when I send all the love that's in my heart and soul to my Heavenly Father... He sends me more of His love in return and it's awesome... now if you want to call that false... well, you're really missing out on the most wonderful experience in all the universe.

So what is the deity of Christ? It isn't Jesus... Christ is the principle of God's Divine Love... it's something we can all possess... right now if we so choose. It's what Jesus did and that's how he became a divine man.

2 Thessalonians 3:5: And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ [God's Divine Love].

Ephesians 3:17: That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love.

Ephesians 3:19: And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.

Ezekiel 18:31-32: Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit… For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, said the
Lord God...

I Chronicles 22:19: Now set your heart and soul to seek the Lord your God...

Don't you find it just a wee bit odd that Jesus would tell his followers this:

Luke 11:4: ... When ye pray, say, Our Father, which art in heaven...

If Jesus was God, then why didn't he just say... pray to me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or