Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2015, 03:11 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,880,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
If this is even remotely true, it is because we have surrendered our free will and willingness to LOVE to the modern Pharisees....
The only way one can win = Matt 16:24-- disown oneself to follow Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 05:42 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,236,522 times
Quote:
REALLY? SERIOUSLY? You want to argue what LOVE is???

Jesus did say that by LOVING GOD and LOVING YOUR NEIGHBOR, we FULFILL all the other laws and commandments.

Which commandment or law can one break when applying LOVE to the situation?
Yes we are under those two commandments even now. What does it include? Just as the Mosaic law expanded and explained on what the 10 commandments covered, the two are expanded and covered in the Law of Christ, which does have specific directions and principles to apply.

As an example, HOW do we show love for God? What specific directions do we have?

How do we show love of neighbor? What specific directions we have?

It isn't left up to our imagination. We have clarity in Scripture. Many claim to be showing such love and . don't, they just say they do it to their standards not God's.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
If this is even remotely true, it is because we have surrendered our free will and willingness to LOVE to the modern Pharisees....
In a sense as Free Will is granted to man, but using it free of God, is using it wrong. Modern pharisees want you to do it their way, not God's way. Our Will should be limited to within God's will. God did not give us Free Will totally unconnected to His will.

Old 07-17-2015, 07:12 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,044,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yes we are under those two commandments even now. What does it include? Just as the Mosaic law expanded and explained on what the 10 commandments covered, the two are expanded and covered in the Law of Christ, which does have specific directions and principles to apply.

As an example, HOW do we show love for God? What specific directions do we have?

How do we show love of neighbor? What specific directions we have?

It isn't left up to our imagination. We have clarity in Scripture. Many claim to be showing such love and . don't, they just say they do it to their standards not God's.
If you gotta ask, you're doing it wrong. If all you have is scripture, all you have is an IDOL..

Old 07-17-2015, 07:14 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,044,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Win? Is that all you care about?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me. And the king will answer and say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me.

I do not "win," it will be the least of us who WIN...

Old 07-17-2015, 10:31 PM

63,387 posts, read 39,639,230 times
Quote:
Win WHAT??? This is NOT a contest. We are all maturing children . . . NOT competitors.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:54 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,041,898 times
Quote:
You are misunderstanding what Jesus said. The self he is talking about is not Our true identity, but the self part of us that holds onto all the wrong beliefs and thinking about God and Our true self, his thoughts and his ways, that causes us to miss the mark.

Until our thoughts become his thoughts our ways will never be his ways.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:
If you gotta ask, you're doing it wrong. If all you have is scripture, all you have is an IDOL..
Nope, to understand what is IN scripture and see the value one must have God's spirit. Those with Satan's spirit diss God's inspired word. They become like Eve, who rejected what God told mankind in favor of what they felt was right. The Bible alone is of little value and the spirit does not come to those who want it alone. Satan will give his spirit to anyone who wants to reject God's word, he will do so gladly.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:43 PM

63,387 posts, read 39,639,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Nope, to understand what is IN scripture and see the value one must have God's spirit. Those with Satan's spirit diss God's inspired word. They become like Eve, who rejected what God told mankind in favor of what they felt was right. The Bible alone is of little value and the spirit does not come to those who want it alone. Satan will give his spirit to anyone who wants to reject God's word, he will do so gladly.
::Sigh::

Old 07-18-2015, 03:06 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,880,696 times
Quote:
Win? Is that all you care about?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me. And the king will answer and say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me.

I do not "win," it will be the least of us who WIN...

The prize = life everlasting--anyone with sense desires this. Not just for self but for as many as possible. That is why going door to door with the good news of Gods kingdom is the most important work ever on this earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity