U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-19-2015, 09:17 PM
 
8,366 posts, read 2,747,607 times
Reputation: 399

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
In a sense that is exactly what they do, they deny Christís Deity.
Matthew 24:24
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

The Witness were the 12 Disciples and 12 tribes of Israel.
The First clue is the obstinate claim of a Religious organization or group of people saying they are the one True religion.
Ok what defines religion?
All flax or chaff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-19-2015, 09:21 PM
Status: "Amused by BF/V." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,350 posts, read 12,079,766 times
Reputation: 10651
There's no such thing as a true religion.

Claiming such is immediate disqualification from consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2015, 09:26 PM
 
8,366 posts, read 2,747,607 times
Reputation: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No. There is only one true God! All religions are human attempts to understand and explain the ONE true God. In so many ways . . . they are ALL wrong because they focus on what to believe ABOUT God. God is concerned about OUR spiritual maturation . . . NOT ANY religion and its "precepts and doctrines of men.".

We failed miserably to even remotely approach Spiritual maturity as a species. We needed a human who could actually achieve perfect agape love and righteousness in His consciousness (Spirit). That is why Christ exists. He is the "first-born" human Spirit (Holy Spirit/Comforter) who achieved, taught and demonstrated what God wants from each of us. He abides with us within our consciousness (Comforter) to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love.
A "human" who could actually Achieve?
This sounds something like vanity.
Jesus walked in Flesh as an Example of Spiritual maturation. To show us God. A prophecy fulfilled.
But Jesus was before flesh and after. All that is came into being through him.

Hope you will like this link.
]http://www.sheshbazzardaq.com/the-sower.html


Romans 7:18-25 KJV

18.For I know that in me that is, in my flesh,dwelleth no good thing:for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it,
but sin that dwelleth in me.
21.I find then a law,that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22.For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23.But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25. I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. .
So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin..

.Whichever of any of our "members" which will break the Torah of YHWH may now, through the Word of YHWH, the Spirit-Testimony-Blood of Messiah Yeshua, and the power of prayer, be CUT OFF through Torah. This then concerns the law of sin: I cannot use Torah against my neighbor, or another man, or woman, for I myself have already broken the Law and have no right to accuse another, (which is why Yeshua does have the right because he kept all of it and is therefore the Last Adam and the only Door). However, the Spirit of Torah interpreted through the Testimony of Yeshua is introspective and designed for us to use against our own selves in this very way. To keep our own bodies under submission as Paul likewise says. That is to "use the law lawfully" aslo as Paul writes to Timothy; using Torah against our own unruly "household members" such as the right eye if it be an offensive nomad wanderer always wandering off toward unsightly things, the right hand if it be offensive such as always desiring to put something to the mouth that is intoxicating to the belly and the mind, the evil foot always running swiftly into mischief; and especially that little horn, that little member the tongue, which ignites the very flames of Gehenna.
.

Last edited by pinacled; 04-19-2015 at 09:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2015, 05:37 PM
 
16,089 posts, read 9,261,487 times
Reputation: 7172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
"There's only one true religion, and it's mine!" -- said by nearly every religious person who ever existed.
Yep.The need is to see what group that is as Jesus said there is only one way, truth, etc. Not 36000 different ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2015, 12:50 PM
 
75 posts, read 37,321 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
There's no such thing as a true religion.

Claiming such is immediate disqualification from consideration.
Trout your an idiot! The Jew's in ancient Judah had the only true religion on earth, at that time. In Jesus's day he and his followers had the only true religion on earth, at that time. That's why it's so hard to find, there is only one. I say get to looking...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2015, 01:05 PM
 
4,066 posts, read 1,456,998 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
"There's only one true religion, and it's mine!" -- said by nearly every religious person who ever existed.

But God handed all the key to seeing which one is correct when he said----This is my son the beloved in whom I am well pleased---LISTEN TO HIM.

So by learning all of Jesus teachings and applying Jesus' teachings its as easy as 1+1=2 to see who is correct--The JW teachers are the only teachers I ever heard who teach--all of Jesus truths and teach us to get every one of them deep into our hearts to live by daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2015, 01:39 PM
 
75 posts, read 37,321 times
Reputation: 18
Ya, ya, what ever. Here is a good way to kick some of the thousands of religions to the curve. Asked them about Evolution. If they endorse it, support it or tell you the fairytale that god created everything like a Jennie, with a poof 6,000 years ago...run...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2015, 02:52 PM
Status: "Amused by BF/V." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,350 posts, read 12,079,766 times
Reputation: 10651
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster_H View Post
Trout your an idiot! The Jew's in ancient Judah had the only true religion on earth, at that time. In Jesus's day he and his followers had the only true religion on earth, at that time. That's why it's so hard to find, there is only one. I say get to looking...
How do you keep the froth off your keyboard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2015, 03:30 PM
 
75 posts, read 37,321 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
How do you keep the froth off your keyboard?
Like you I hit the Pipe!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2015, 04:45 PM
 
37,528 posts, read 25,250,403 times
Reputation: 5857
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No. There is only one true God! All religions are human attempts to understand and explain the ONE true God. In so many ways . . . they are ALL wrong because they focus on what to believe ABOUT God. God is concerned about OUR spiritual maturation . . . NOT ANY religion and its "precepts and doctrines of men."
We failed miserably to even remotely approach Spiritual maturity as a species. We needed a human who could actually achieve perfect agape love and righteousness in His consciousness (Spirit). That is why Christ exists. He is the "first-born" human Spirit (Holy Spirit/Comforter) who achieved, taught and demonstrated what God wants from each of us. He abides with us within our consciousness (Comforter) to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
A "human" who could actually Achieve?
This sounds something like vanity.
Jesus walked in Flesh as an Example of Spiritual maturation. To show us God. A prophecy fulfilled.
But Jesus was before flesh and after. All that is came into being through him.
My dear brother . . . there is no way on this earth that you will ever get me to accept ANY magical thinking about Christ and God. There is no need for it. Jesus was born as human because He needed to develop perfect agape love within His human consciousness to be "born again" as Spirit upon His death and join ALL human consciousness to God. That He needed to ACHIEVE this is evident by the fact that the Father was well pleased with Him because of it. There is no mystery or magic here at all. It is entirely consistent with extant science and scripture without any appeals to magic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top