U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:09 PM

21,282 posts, read 20,893,921 times

Advertisements

Okay, I'd just like to ask a couple of questions of everybody who has been so critical of the Jehovah's Witnesses' belief that theirs is the only true church.

Do you believe that everything you hear taught by your minister, pastor or priest is true?
If you don't, what do you believe he teaches that is false? Why do you continue to go to a church where false doctrines are taught?
If you believe that everything you hear taught in your church is true, then you are guilty of the same thing you are accusing the Jehovah's Witnesses of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 06:26 PM

3,259 posts, read 5,100,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay, I'd just like to ask a couple of questions of everybody who has been so critical of the Jehovah's Witnesses' belief that theirs is the only true church.

Do you believe that everything you hear taught by your minister, pastor or priest is true?
If you don't, what do you believe he teaches that is false? Why do you continue to go to a church where false doctrines are taught?
If you believe that everything you hear taught in your church is true, then you are guilty of the same thing you are accusing the Jehovah's Witnesses of.
You make a valid point. But Baptists don't ever tell anyone that they have to belong to only a Baptist church to be saved. In other words, we don't claim to be in the truth because of what some men are telling us at a New York headquarters. We believe that JESUS IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE, and no man can come to the Father but by Him. SIMPLE AS THAT. I am a Baptist not because I or, we as Baptists, think or believe that we are the only true worshipers of Jehovah God. I am a Baptist because I worship God with believers who interpret the bible just as I do, and because we are being obedient to God by gathering together being that Ekklesia (called out ones or the church as we define it) to worship together with other believers so that we can be edified, encouraged, held accountable as Christians, and to grow spiritually.

Now where in the bible does it teach that you have to belong to a religion to be a true worshiper of Jehovah God? You are full of pride if you think that highly of your religion to think that it's the only religion in the world that appears to have it right, where all of the other ones don't even if there may be a religion that teaches the same JW doctrine as the JWs.

No where in the bible teaches that by belonging to a religion you are saved, and what's so sad is when people think that their religion some how saves people's souls over Jesus' sacrificial death. I AM NOW OFF OF MY SOAP BOX ON THIS TOPIC.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:

There is one true church, and those are the called out ones the ekklessia of believers who are that small flock, the ones who are truly born of God, born into God's family the moment that they truly repented of their sins, and relized how they need to trust only God, through His Son Jesus Christ. No Religion has ever been able to do what Jesus has done for the world. If JWs can account to that, then so can every other religion as well for teaching and preaching Jesus.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
You make a valid point. But Baptists don't ever tell anyone that they have to belong to only a Baptist church to be saved. In other words, we don't claim to be in the truth because of what some men are telling us at a New York headquarters. We believe that JESUS IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE, and no man can come to the Father but by Him. SIMPLE AS THAT. I am a Baptist not because I or, we as Baptists, think or believe that we are the only true worshipers of Jehovah God. I am a Baptist because I worship God with believers who interpret the bible just as I do, and because we are being obedient to God by gathering together being that Ekklesia (called out ones or the church as we define it) to worship together with other believers so that we can be edified, encouraged, held accountable as Christians, and to grow spiritually.
Your position is to be admired.

Quote:
Now where in the bible does it teach that you have to belong to a religion to be a true worshiper of Jehovah God? You are full of pride if you think that highly of your religion to think that it's the only religion in the world that appears to have it right, where all of the other ones don't even if there may be a religion that teaches the same JW doctrine as the JWs.
I agree. You don't have to belong to any particular denomination to be a true worshipper of God. I feel confident of that, even though I am constantly being told that I worship a "different God" than other Christians and am going to end up in Hell because of it. On the other hand, I don't see it as being prideful to believe that the denomination you affiliate with is teaching "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." If I didn't feel that mine was, I'd be looking for a new one.

Quote:
No where in the bible teaches that by belonging to a religion you are saved, and what's so sad is when people think that their religion some how saves people's souls over Jesus' sacrificial death. I AM NOW OFF OF MY SOAP BOX ON THIS TOPIC.
I agree, and if Jehovah's Witnesses believe that only Jehovah's Witnesses are saved, they are being rather presumptuous. I actually thought your little soap box routine was very worthwhile, and for the most part, I agree with you.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Your position is to be admired.

I agree. You don't have to belong to any particular denomination to be a true worshipper of God. I feel confident of that, even though I am constantly being told that I worship a "different God" than other Christians and am going to end up in Hell because of it. On the other hand, I don't see it as being prideful to believe that the denomination you affiliate with is teaching "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." If I didn't feel that mine was, I'd be looking for a new one.

I agree, and if Jehovah's Witnesses believe that only Jehovah's Witnesses are saved, they are being rather presumptuous. I actually thought your little soap box routine was very worthwhile, and for the most part, I agree with you.
I stand corrected then. But again, I liked how you said that FOR YOU, you feel that the denomination you are affiliated with is teaching "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." All I can say in response to that is that MY BIBLE AS I INTERPRETED IT, teaches me NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, AND ABSOLUTELY JESUS IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE AND NO MAN CAN COME TO THE FATHER EXCEPT BY HIM. THAT'S TRUTH RIGHT THERE, enough said.

We have too many people who are priding themselves on what their religion has done for them, instead of what Jesus has done for all of us. If that's what you believe, then I thank God that his Holy Spirit has allowed me not to fall into man made fables and lies. NO RELIGION CAN SAVE YOUR SOUL SIMPLE AS THAT, it's just a practice that helps all of us draw closer to God. I JUST HOPE AND PRAY YOU CAN READ THE BIBLE WITHOUT THE AID OF THOSE WATCHTOWER PUBLICATIONS. We all need to be like the Bereans of Acts 17:11. That verse is in the bible for a reason. READ FOR YOURSELF, PRAY TO JEHOVAH-GOD FOR UNDERSTANDING, AND LET THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDE YOU TO THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I stand corrected then. But again, I liked how you said that FOR YOU, you feel that the denomination you are affiliated with is teaching "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." All I can say in response to that is that MY BIBLE AS I INTERPRETED IT, teaches me NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, AND ABSOLUTELY JESUS IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE AND NO MAN CAN COME TO THE FATHER EXCEPT BY HIM. THAT'S TRUTH RIGHT THERE, enough said.

We have too many people who are priding themselves on what their religion has done for them, instead of what Jesus has done for all of us. If that's what you believe, then I thank God that his Holy Spirit has allowed me not to fall into man made fables and lies. NO RELIGION CAN SAVE YOUR SOUL SIMPLE AS THAT, it's just a practice that helps all of us draw closer to God. I JUST HOPE AND PRAY YOU CAN READ THE BIBLE WITHOUT THE AID OF THOSE WATCHTOWER PUBLICATIONS. We all need to be like the Bereans of Acts 17:11. That verse is in the bible for a reason. READ FOR YOURSELF, PRAY TO JEHOVAH-GOD FOR UNDERSTANDING, AND LET THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDE YOU TO THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD.
I kind of think you're misunderstanding me, antredd. I don't believe my religion can save me any more than you think your Bible can save you. And if you think I rely on the Watchtower Publications to help me interpret the Bible, well, uh... I can't think of a reason in the world why I would do that. You don't think I'm a Jehovah's Witness, do you?

Old 06-09-2010, 02:44 AM

223 posts, read 247,883 times
Quote:
In Watchtower's publication, You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth, 1989, page 190 under the heading ONE TRUE RELIGION, it asks a question regarding who are the ones who form the body of true worshipers today? Then, it answers this question stating without hesitation that the Jehovah's Witnesses are true worshipers of God.

What is your feeling about them believing that they are the only true religion or worshipers of God?

For me, the bible doesn't teach that there is only one true religion, but it does teach that Jesus is the way the truth, and the life, and no man can come to the Father, but by Him John 14:6. Did they some how leap frog over Jesus to think that they only way to God is through the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society better known as Jehovah's Witnesses?
Hi Friend.

The SDA movement teach & BELIEVE that the SDA church is GOD's REMNANT and the TRUE BRIDE OF CHRIST. They prophesied that ALL other denomination will come out and join them just prior to the SECOND coming of CHRIST and join the REMNANT BRIDE!
I was amember for 21yrs and left 9 yrs ago because of their teaching that JESUS and SATAN TOGETHER will complete the FINAL ATONEMENT FOR THE REDEEMED!
See links below.

sSalvation is for SDA's only!!

tTHE TWO GOATS OF LEV 16: 10

Old 06-09-2010, 10:23 AM

810 posts, read 1,259,660 times
The truth of the matter is...what I've always been taught by JW's and through my study of the Bible...that when you are talking about salvation only God reads hearts.

The question/debate seems to always be the same though... is your worship pure and properly directed because "not everyone saying Lord, Lord..."...

Old 06-09-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNC10 View Post
Hi Friend.

The SDA movement teach & BELIEVE that the SDA church is GOD's REMNANT and the TRUE BRIDE OF CHRIST. They prophesied that ALL other denomination will come out and join them just prior to the SECOND coming of CHRIST and join the REMNANT BRIDE!
I was amember for 21yrs and left 9 yrs ago because of their teaching that JESUS and SATAN TOGETHER will complete the FINAL ATONEMENT FOR THE REDEEMED!
See links below.

sSalvation is for SDA's only!!

tTHE TWO GOATS OF LEV 16: 10
Thanks for the info and God bless.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
The truth of the matter is...what I've always been taught by JW's and through my study of the Bible...that when you are talking about salvation only God reads hearts.

The question/debate seems to always be the same though... is your worship pure and properly directed because "not everyone saying Lord, Lord..."...
I have heard that too from JWs who wanted to study with me about God only reading heart, but in their publications, they say something totally different. I have read two of the Watchtower publications You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth, and What Does the Bible REally Teach? and just from reading both publications, they guide people to think that ONLY the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is God's true organization after those publications put down how bad the church isn't truly worshiping God by using crosses, participating in politics, saluting the flag, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity