Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 10:58 AM

2,963 posts, read 5,452,476 times

Advertisements

Saturday morning! Get your BBQs started and your beer chilled! Here's a party song to get it started. Lip up, everyone! Rejuvenate!

YouTube - Bad Manners - Lip Up Fatty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 11:09 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Last night I saw something that I haven't seen in a very long time and it reminded me of this song:

YouTube - Fireflies-Owl City music video w/ lyrics

I saw one lonely little firefly, or lightning bug as we call them around here. It brought back so many memories as a child. There used to be tons of lightning bugs around here but now they are all gone so I was real excited to see one for a change. Hope everyone has a grand Memorial weekend!!

Old 05-29-2010, 11:20 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post

June, here's one for you, from an older than dirt warrior...

Ah, my dear "older than dirt" friend, your song truly brought out the "Zen" in June!!!

--But just remember, while you may think that you are "older than dirt" there is much wisdom to be had in so being...

And besides, so long as you can still find the roof (but not get on it!) then you are hardly all that old!!!

Dedicated to my wise, not-all-that-old friend:

YouTube - Neil Young - Old Man Lyrics

Old 05-29-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post

Saturday morning! Get your BBQs started and your beer chilled!

Lip up, everyone! Rejuvenate!

Bring on the charcoal, bring on rejuvenation! Let's see action!

YouTube - The Who- Let's See Action

Old 05-29-2010, 11:50 AM

When you feel in need of rejuvination, but all the while feel as though you're from another planet, know that there still exists a route towards getting where you know you need to ultimatley be.

YouTube - Moby - Dream About Me

Old 05-29-2010, 12:29 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

Here is "A Whiter Shade of Pale" if you care for the "softer" 60s music.

Love that song!

Believe it or not, this song elicits an instantaneous but spooky vision of me flying over Vietnam (thirty years after the war, of course) and looking out the window of a C-130... I had my headphones on, this song was playing, and I remember just thinking about this song... that war... and everything in between that somehow seemed to bring the two together. It's just an almost unexplainable tangibility that I've somehow conjoined together in my mind... Alright, I know that sounds weird... So, here's the song.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:54 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,452,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
When you feel in need of rejuvination, but all the while feel as though you're from another planet, know that there still exists a route towards getting where you know you need to ultimatley be.
A couple of my "homies", Tom Waits reading Chuck Bukowski:

YouTube - Tom Waits reads Charles Bukowski

And this one from Fatboy Slim I get, emotionally. I wasn't of the house/electronica scene. The younger set seemed really flaky to me and the older were hippie hipsters and maybe a little too cool. But I can certainly relate the music to days of party, abandon and release. There are those peak moments when you look around in your own intoxication with a community in utter celebration, realizing there is a well of joy that's abundant and deep with the most common wisdom. The song proceeds in symphonic movements. This fan made video matches the mood well, sunrise to sunset to starry night all around the world. And at over 9 minutes it's the "short version"!

YouTube - FatBoy Slim - Song for Shelter

Heaven! It's a perfect day where I am. Mid-70s, I'd say, with a breeze and stunning blue skies with the mountains perfectly clear in the background. I could wish I was at the beach or in the woods on a lake somewhere, fishing. But I'm really in heaven right here right now. A bottle of white wine is chilling, but it turns out not to be a very good one. I have oranges and apples. I'll make a sangria.

Last edited by Bunjee; 05-29-2010 at 02:02 PM..

Old 05-29-2010, 01:57 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

YouTube - Moby - Dream About Me

June, did you have to make me cry yet again?!

Old 05-29-2010, 02:20 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Love that song!

Believe it or not, this song elicits an instantaneous but spooky vision of me flying over Vietnam (thirty years after the war, of course) and looking out the window of a C-130... I had my headphones on, this song was playing, and I remember just thinking about this song... that war... and everything in between that somehow seemed to bring the two together. It's just an almost unexplainable tangibility that I've somehow conjoined together in my mind... Alright, I know that sounds weird... So, here's the song.

Not weird to me. Thanks for the song. Here is "Mother" (I can't get the clip to show up, just the link), and a clip from the movie, "The Wall." Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb. (Of course, these aren't the happiest songs in town, and this isn't your typical Memorial Day music, but I am just not your average kind of gal, I guess )

YouTube - Pink Floyd Mother

YouTube - Pink Floyd The Wall - Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

Last edited by herefornow; 05-29-2010 at 03:02 PM..

Old 05-29-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
June, did you have to make me cry yet again?!
Ooops! Didn't mean to.

Here's a "rejuvenation" video that oughta cheer you up! (It's the cutest one June could find!)

Caveat: At 30-36 seconds into video, there is a brief image of a nude sunbather. Please know that no offense is intended in June posting this (otherwise) very cute, PG-13 video...)

YouTube - Here comes the sun - Beatles

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity