U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 04:49 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,377,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So you choose to ignore the fascism of the pro-gay Nazi crowd?
Sorry. I'm not going to answer this question.

The Nazis murdered tens of thousands of gay men. For no reason other than their homosexuality. MURDERED THEM. Equating people who support the LGBT community with Nazis is just too ugly for me. It also makes no sense.

I'd invite you to learn what happened to those men. They were someone's sons and bothers and friends. They were children of God.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-13-2013 at 05:27 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 04:55 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,563,062 times
This may come across as extreme, but if you're not fully trusting Him for your salvation (100% grace) and are living under law - are you really saved?

A mixture of the two does not count for trusting, btw.

I truly believe if ministers preached that God is not holding men's sins against them (2 Cor 5:19) instead of telling people they're going to hell, we would experience the biggest harvest in history. Moses and Jesus illustrated this perfectly, as when one came down Mt. Sinai the people ran away - the Other came down the Mt of Transfiguration and the people ran to Him!

Old 07-13-2013, 05:19 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,823,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
This may come across as extreme, but if you're not fully trusting Him for your salvation (100% grace) and are living under law - are you really saved?

A mixture of the two does not count for trusting, btw.

I truly believe if ministers preached that God is not holding men's sins against them (2 Cor 5:19) instead of telling people they're going to hell, we would experience the biggest harvest in history. Moses and Jesus illustrated this perfectly, as when one came down Mt. Sinai the people ran away - the Other came down the Mt of Transfiguration and the people ran to Him!
'

what ...? Scriptures has it written that after the transfiguration
when they came down from the mountain, a large crowd met him.... “You unbelieving and perverse generation,” Jesus replied Luke 9
---------------------------------------------------------------
As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus instructed them, “Don’t tell anyone what you have seen, until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.” Matthew 17
---------------------------------------------------------------

As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus gave them orders not to tell anyone what they had seen until the Son of Man had risen from the dead Mark 9
The people who came to meet him, Jesus tells them outright that they are unbelieving and perverse and the disciples were in fact not to say anything about what they say .... which what they saw was Jesus, not as a humble man, but the proof of him being God.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:29 PM

19,952 posts, read 12,987,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Sorry. I'm not going to answer this question. There's just too much antagonism and name calling.

The Nazis murdered tens of thousands of gay men. For no reason other than their homosexuality. MURDERED THEM. Equating people who support the LGBT community with Nazism is just too ugly for me. It also makes no sense.

I'd invite you to learn what happened to those men. They were someone's sons and bothers and friends. They were children of God.
First of all, we get called bigots, fascists, haters, etc. every day. We see Christian groups get accused of being accessories every time there is violence against a gay person.

I'm speaking in reference to the fascism that the Nazis employed. Not the murder. It's very similar to the thought-police tactics that we see today by the pro-gay crowd. Anytime anyone dares to speak up and speak negatively against the behavior, we see fascists shouting them down. That is what I'm referring to.

So again---you choose to ignore the fascism of the pro-gay crowd?

Old 07-13-2013, 05:38 PM

23,399 posts, read 12,098,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
First of all, we get called bigots, fascists, haters, etc. every day. We see Christian groups get accused of being accessories every time there is violence against a gay person.

I'm speaking in reference to the fascism that the Nazis employed. Not the murder. It's very similar to the thought-police tactics that we see today by the pro-gay crowd. Anytime anyone dares to speak up and speak negatively against the behavior, we see fascists shouting them down. That is what I'm referring to.

So again---you choose to ignore the fascism of the pro-gay crowd?
Yet another mealy-mouthed Vizio non-explanation for a hateful post.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:46 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,823,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yet another mealy-mouthed Vizio non-explanation for a hateful post.
Coming from the god of me ...you're all the proof Vizio needs.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:48 PM

23,399 posts, read 12,098,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Coming from the god of me ...you're all the proof Vizio needs.
Bless you, twin.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:10 PM

37,573 posts, read 25,275,797 times
Default "A Camp David Accord" Attempt To Put This Universalist and Eternal Torture Debate To End

Well it seems this thread was ultimately as unsuccessful as the "Camp David Accords" in reducing Palestinian and Israeli violence against each other . . . especially since it seems to have been hijacked by the anti-gay crowd.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:15 PM

30,254 posts, read 20,007,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well it seems this thread was ultimately as unsuccessful as the "Camp David Accords" in reducing Palestinian and Israeli violence against each other . . . especially since it seems to have been hijacked by the anti-gay crowd.
And more to the point the anti Christ crowd

Old 07-13-2013, 08:23 PM

37,573 posts, read 25,275,797 times
It is clear that carnal thinking dominates the majority view of scripture . . . not spiritual. The Bible is entirely scriptural and chronicles the spiritual evolution of understanding our loving Father and His Son Jesus the Christ. It describes our early experiences as infant Spirits trying to learn. The Schoolmaster stage was focused on trying to tame our savagery and teach us self-control and discipline using fear of God as the beginning of wisdom. Unfortunately that caused us to develop a real fear of God and a lot of misunderstanding ("missing the mark") due to our ignorance in reading the OT. By the time of Christ we had developed the self-control to learn the real reason for the commandments . . . to "love God and each other." Christ came to lift the veil of ignorance (blind minds) over reading the OT and reveal the TRUE NATURE of God unambiguously by His life, teachings, and ultimately His death. He sacrificed His life to the sins ("missing the mark" of our savage ancestors) because "No greater love . . ." But our ignorant ancestors and their religious leaders could not let go of the mistaken view of God from the OT . . . so they eventually corrupted Christ's message of love into one of appeasement of a jealous, vengeful; angry God who needed blood sacrifice to assuage His Holiness or so-called justice. This has become the main anti-Christ message that was prophesied to become the majority belief in the "latter days" (2000+ years later is certainly "latter.")

The carnal thinking can be seen in the hijacking of this thread to fundamentalist over concern about physical acts of sexual behavior. What have sexual acts to do with our spiritual development and maturity???? Sin is a spiritual problem involving what is in our consciousness in the way of motivations and intentions . . .our state of mind as either reflecting "love of God and each other" . . . or NOT.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-13-2013 at 08:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or