U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2010, 10:35 AM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,372,302 times
Reputation: 580

Advertisements

Still waiting....

Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-02-2010, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,386,559 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I did establish it everything you question.

I will say it again....according to God's laws, He can only save, and through His blood sacrifice, are we saved. Read the whole book of Leviticus, and think God. Christ, God in the Flesh, fulfilled His own law.

No man can fulfill God's promise, only God.
Thus He did. Because He came in the Flesh, to be nearer to us and us to Him, did He do this, but you don't accept this, so therefore, your step is out of alignment with His, thus you can't understand the obvious.

There is only one Holy of Holies Kat, and that is God, whom Christ is.
I just read through some and did a search for saved and salvation.... Leviticus has no verses using those words except this one:
"The meat of his fellowship offering of thanksgiving must be eaten on the day it is offered; he must leave [save] none of it till morning." Lev. 7:15

So you SAY there is a law that HE can ONLY save through His blood sacrifice... Yet I see nothing of the sort at all...

I see that few sins required animal sacrifice.

Psalms 32:5, 51:16-19 show that forgiveness for an intentional sin could only be atoned for through repentance, not through animal sacrifice.

Animal sacrifices were only advised for unintentional sins (Leviticus 4:2, 13, 22, 27; 5:5, 15 and Numbers 15:30). The exception was when an individual who was accused of theft swore falsely in an effort to gain absolution (Leviticus 5:24-26).

Hosea 14:2 Take words with you and return to the LORD. Say to him: "Forgive all our sins and receive us graciously, that we may offer the fruit of our lips.

So either you SHOW me where God's Laws say that he can ONLY save through his blood sacrifice or there is nothing at all to what you are saying and the trinity is a bunch of rubbish.

I gave you many verses where God says he did NOT desire sacrifice but of course you cling to this Jesus is God and trinity nonsense even in the face of proof otherwise.

There is no need for Christ to be God and there is no need for God to be 3 in 1.

Show me otherwise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 02:26 PM
 
20,298 posts, read 15,642,764 times
Reputation: 7408
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Mike, or anyone, could you explain Isaiah 42:1-9 to me? Especially verse 1.
Christ is presented as the servant of the LORD in the passage. Servant refers to the humanity of Christ.

Isaiah 42:1-4 is a prophecy that was fulfilled in Matthew 12:17. In the first 4 verses, God the Father is speaking of the Messiah. In verses 5-7, God the Father is speaking to the Messiah.

I'm not going to take the time to go into the details. You can get the details here.

Isaiah 42:1 "Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2010, 04:54 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,372,302 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Christ is presented as the servant of the LORD in the passage. Servant refers to the humanity of Christ.

Isaiah 42:1-4 is a prophecy that was fulfilled in Matthew 12:17. In the first 4 verses, God the Father is speaking of the Messiah. In verses 5-7, God the Father is speaking to the Messiah.

I'm not going to take the time to go into the details. You can get the details here.

Isaiah 42:1 "Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations.
Of course you wouldn't take the simple time to actually read that verse. God's SPIRIT UPON HIM. Why would His Spirit need to even BE PUT ON HIM, OR UPON HIM, OR IN HIM, IIIFFFF HE ALREADY HAD IT???????????????????????????????


READ IT!!!

Listen to what Isaiah is telling YOU, though the Spirit. Or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 08:34 AM
 
20,298 posts, read 15,642,764 times
Reputation: 7408
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Of course you wouldn't take the simple time to actually read that verse. God's SPIRIT UPON HIM. Why would His Spirit need to even BE PUT ON HIM, OR UPON HIM, OR IN HIM, IIIFFFF HE ALREADY HAD IT???????????????????????????????


READ IT!!!

Listen to what Isaiah is telling YOU, though the Spirit. Or not.
You asked for an explanation of all nine verses. I referred you to some good commentary on it.

The humanity of Christ depended on the Holy Spirit just as does the church-age believer. The humanity of Christ is separate and distinct from His deity. The Holy Spirit is the power source for the execution of the Christian way of life. Jesus was born, lived, and died during the age of Israel. But His example of depending on the ministry of the Holy Spirit is the pattern for all church-age believers who are indwelt by and depend on the Holy Spirit.

Last edited by Mike555; 06-03-2010 at 08:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,386,559 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You asked for an explanation of all nine verses. I referred you to some good commentary on it.

The humanity of Christ depended on the Holy Spirit just as does the church-age believer. The humanity of Christ is separate and distinct from His deity. The Holy Spirit is the power source for the execution of the Christian way of life. Jesus was born, lived, and died during the age of Israel. But His example of depending on the ministry of the Holy Spirit is the pattern for all church-age believers who are indwelt by and depend on the Holy Spirit.
Then God the HS was in Christ and he had no need to be God... and I believe I said this already.... God came down as human and with help from himself (HS) he sacrificed himself to himself. Makes no sense. Especially since the disciples, with the same HS, were able to perform the same miracles. So are they God too? Why was God Jesus again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,117,441 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Then God the HS was in Christ and he had no need to be God... and I believe I said this already.... God came down as human and with help from himself (HS) he sacrificed himself to himself. Makes no sense. Especially since the disciples, with the same HS, were able to perform the same miracles. So are they God too? Why was God Jesus again?
My...what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.

And the circle goes round and round and round and round...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,386,559 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
My...what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.

And the circle goes round and round and round and round...
LOL! It is a tangled web. It is only the lack of thought and research about the issue that causes some to believe it at all!

I believe it was Plato who formed the idea that man is triune.. spirit, soul, body and from there it was super easy to convince people that God is triune as well.... however, it seems this was one of those things that Christ debunked.

Christ... the great debunker.. if we can see what it was he taught, a hard task given the translation issues.

BTW - have you read up on Wayne Dyer? He is a divine energy (God) believer and uses all sorts of scripture for inspiration. But his language causes most mainstream Christians to cry "New AGE!" which is apparently not a good thing...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:04 AM
 
20,298 posts, read 15,642,764 times
Reputation: 7408
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Then God the HS was in Christ and he had no need to be God... and I believe I said this already.... God came down as human and with help from himself (HS) he sacrificed himself to himself. Makes no sense. Especially since the disciples, with the same HS, were able to perform the same miracles. So are they God too? Why was God Jesus again?
You wouldn't understand!!! I wont waste my time going over what has already been said time and time again. Reread what has already been written and try to let a thought in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2010, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,117,441 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
LOL! It is a tangled web. It is only the lack of thought and research about the issue that causes some to believe it at all!

I believe it was Plato who formed the idea that man is triune.. spirit, soul, body and from there it was super easy to convince people that God is triune as well.... however, it seems this was one of those things that Christ debunked.

Christ... the great debunker.. if we can see what it was he taught, a hard task given the translation issues.

BTW - have you read up on Wayne Dyer? He is a divine energy (God) believer and uses all sorts of scripture for inspiration. But his language causes most mainstream Christians to cry "New AGE!" which is apparently not a good thing...LOL
Actually...I believe the Egyptians started the triune nonsense (they always had three main gods)...they just never actually gave it that name. Plato just expounded on the theme and we all know where it was actually given a name.

If "Christians" actually took the time to look into what they term "New Age"...they would see alot of the beliefs are pulled straight from scripture...it's just presented in a different manner. That's what happens when there is no education going on...ignorance breeds ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top