U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 10:17 AM

29,722 posts, read 47,483,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Then God the HS was in Christ and he had no need to be God... and I believe I said this already.... God came down as human and with help from himself (HS) he sacrificed himself to himself. Makes no sense. Especially since the disciples, with the same HS, were able to perform the same miracles. So are they God too? Why was God Jesus again?
Just read through Jesus' prayers.

Jesus was constantly praying to himself.

God is one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 10:20 AM

29,722 posts, read 47,483,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Actually...I believe the Egyptians started the triune nonsense (they always had three main gods)...they just never actually gave it that name. Plato just expounded on the theme and we all know where it was actually given a name.

If "Christians" actually took the time to look into what they term "New Age"...they would see alot of the beliefs are pulled straight from scripture...it's just presented in a different manner. That's what happens when there is no education going on...ignorance breeds ignorance.
Yes the idea of 'trinity' pre-dates Chrisianity.

And it has never been any part of the Hebrew Faith.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:20 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,116,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You wouldn't understand!!! I wont waste my time going over what has already been said time and time again. Reread what has already been written and try to let a thought in.
You might want to take your own advice for a change of pace.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:21 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,116,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Yes the idea of 'trinity' pre-dates Chrisianity.

And it has never been any part of the Hebrew Faith.
You would be wrong on that score...check out the Ugarit.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:48 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,384,960 times
Quote:
You wouldn't understand!!! I wont waste my time going over what has already been said time and time again. Reread what has already been written and try to let a thought in.
So in other words... that statement I made makes perfect sense to you?

Ok.. that is your choice.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:02 AM

13,459 posts, read 21,199,786 times
Several years ago and after having endured years and years of searching the bible, mans commentaries, creeds, doctrines, what the preachers said, the men in the church said and what my H said, I finally realized I was wasting a whole lot of personal, quality time with my Lord trying to figure out something that man made up as the truth about God and his multiple personalities..
Comparing God, Christ and the Holy Spirit to an egg, the wind or the mind, body and spirit of man seemed silly all the time..Being told it was not for us to understand seemed an excuse..

I allow the Holy Spirit (#3) be my guide, through Christ (#2)and to God..(#1)..
Jesus prayed to God..Very simple and not confusing at all
Anything I ask of God "in Jesus name" is given to me in His time and according to His will

Because I humbled myself clear back to the faith I had as a child when all I was taught was "Jesus loves me" he has given me great peace with the "Words" He put in my heart..I also learned that shedding all my arguements, memorized scripture, and the doctrine taught in various buildings allowed me to be a better "sower"

Just my nickles worth of opinion

Old 06-03-2010, 12:09 PM

37,477 posts, read 25,224,572 times
::SIGH:: Lord give me patience . . . they still think they are physical beings and remain in total confusion about what constitutes "personhood." May your pure love enlighten as many as possible.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:26 PM

20,292 posts, read 15,638,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So in other words... that statement I made makes perfect sense to you?

Ok.. that is your choice.
What I said is that you wouldn't understand. And you don't. Nor do you seem to wish to. You reject the fundamentals of the Christian faith in favor of some creation of your own imagination.

The deity of Jesus Christ did not die, and cannot die. It was His humanity that bore the penalty of sin on the Cross. Not His deity.

You have already been told that the redeemer had to be someone born outside the slave market of sin. That is why Jesus had to be born by means of a virgin birth. You have repeatedly been shown passage after passage which shows the deity of Christ. You refuse to understand it.

There comes a time beyond which it is a waste of time trying to show someone the truth. The truth has been given to you. You reject it.

I will say this to you one more time.

If a person does not understand that Jesus Christ is God, then that person has an improper object for their faith and is not saved. To deny the deity of Christ is to deny the Jesus Christ of the Bible.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:53 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,379,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Several years ago and after having endured years and years of searching the bible, mans commentaries, creeds, doctrines, what the preachers said, the men in the church said and what my H said, I finally realized I was wasting a whole lot of personal, quality time with my Lord trying to figure out something that man made up as the truth about God and his multiple personalities..
Comparing God, Christ and the Holy Spirit to an egg, the wind or the mind, body and spirit of man seemed silly all the time..Being told it was not for us to understand seemed an excuse..

I allow the Holy Spirit (#3) be my guide, through Christ (#2)and to God..(#1)..
Jesus prayed to God..Very simple and not confusing at all
Anything I ask of God "in Jesus name" is given to me in His time and according to His will

Because I humbled myself clear back to the faith I had as a child when all I was taught was "Jesus loves me" he has given me great peace with the "Words" He put in my heart..I also learned that shedding all my arguements, memorized scripture, and the doctrine taught in various buildings allowed me to be a better "sower"

Just my nickles worth of opinion
Miss Blue, you are a breath of fresh air.

Personally, I cannot get my brain to shut down and just be. If you ever watched "Legends of The Fall," an old movie with Brad Pitt, maybe you will understand where I am coming from. He was always restless, wandering around trying to work things out in the most reckless kinds of ways. Although I am not so reckless anymore (my body can't take it now), I can't get my brain to stop wandering.

I do understand what you are trying to say when you post, though.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:09 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,384,960 times
Quote:
What I said is that you wouldn't understand. And you don't. Nor do you seem to wish to. You reject the fundamentals of the Christian faith in favor of some creation of your own imagination.

The deity of Jesus Christ did not die, and cannot die. It was His humanity that bore the penalty of sin on the Cross. Not His deity.
Yes I heard you say that already. Jesus was God-man but the man died not God... actually God left him when the time came to die so God didn't even get to experience the level of pain and suffering that Jesus did... kinda makes you wonder. So how do you say that God died for our sins as Jesus when God didn't die? Some say that if the sacrifice had not been God himself then it would not have been right.. yet here you are saying that God wasn't the sacrificial lamb but the human part of Jesus was. I just wish someone would give a straight forward, coherent answer to who was sacrificed to whom and for what purpose...

Until then I will reject that which I cannot understand. Accepting something without thought is not in my nature, otherwise I'd still believe in the tooth fairy.

Quote:
You have already been told that the redeemer had to be someone born outside the slave market of sin. That is why Jesus had to be born by means of a virgin birth. You have repeatedly been shown passage after passage which shows the deity of Christ. You refuse to understand it.
So are you saying that Christ didn't have the same number of chromosomes as we have? Because an egg (from a woman) only contains half of that number... where did the other half of the chromosomes come from? Does God also have sperm with chromosomes? In light of science, I could see a virgin giving birth... things happen. However, you are saying that Jesus had only half the chromosomes of a normal human being or that God had chromosomes to give. Even if God gave those chromosomes that would still make the same amount and type as you and I....

Fact is that if Jesus is human as we are then he is HUMAN AS WE ARE... you failed to show the necessity in scripture for a god-man in the first place.

Quote:
There comes a time beyond which it is a waste of time trying to show someone the truth. The truth has been given to you. You reject it.
I reject a lot of things. I am waiting patiently for someone to answer my questions in a straight forward manner that makes sense. I may have a long time to wait!

Quote:
I will say this to you one more time.

If a person does not understand that Jesus Christ is God, then that person has an improper object for their faith and is not saved. To deny the deity of Christ is to deny the Jesus Christ of the Bible.
I believe that by worshiping the man - Jesus - you have set yourself up an idol that is not God and are guilty of idolatry. Jesus never required others to worship him but God alone. So rather than fall into idolatry I will only ascribe to a doctrine if it is clear that it is true and has a foundation in reality.. unfortunately the trinity has neither a foundation in reality or scripture... thus it is not true IMO.

I will say this again - if someone would just answer the questions rather than making excuses as to why they DON'T need to answer or beating around the bush then I may come to believe Jesus is God... but until then I will err on the side of ignorance in the matter as I refuse to become an idol worshipper!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity