U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 02:26 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,735,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
As you requested in the other thread, I pointed you in the right direction regarding the prophecies contained in the Bible. You did nothing with them.

Again. Final comment. I will not waste my time.
Prophecies are not entirely proof. In the Illiad, the Trojan prophetess, Cassandra RIGHTLY predicted that the horse the Greeks left on their shore was a bad omen. Here warnings were not heeded. The rest is "history." Should I believe Homer was an inspired writer and that Cassandra had a divine gift using this as proof that The Illiad is divine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 09:56 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,419,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
As you requested in the other thread, I pointed you in the right direction regarding the prophecies contained in the Bible. You did nothing with them.

Again. Final comment. I will not waste my time.
Why do you start these threads anyway?

You obviously don't want any sort of discussion on the matter.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:13 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,583,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Why do you start these threads anyway?

You obviously don't want any sort of discussion on the matter.
Maybe because they get views? Nice tall soapbox to preach off of. Mike once told me he is not here to discuss anyway but to proclaim the "truth".

Plus - he is absolutely correct 100% of the time and has the web-links to PROVE it!

Old 05-31-2010, 01:12 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,392,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Maybe because they get views? Nice tall soapbox to preach off of. Mike once told me he is not here to discuss anyway but to proclaim the "truth".

Plus - he is absolutely correct 100% of the time and has the web-links to PROVE it!
Oh. I guess I don't need to stick around then.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:47 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,419,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post

Hmmmm..

I guess I don't see the relevance in believing in a horned bad guy.

LOL at web links!

Old 05-31-2010, 06:08 AM

17,968 posts, read 12,483,062 times
Is the prince of Tyrus Satan?

Is Satan a human?

Eze 28:2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Did Satan die?

Eze 28:10 The deaths of the uncircumcised you die, By the hand of strangers, for I have spoken, An affirmation of the Lord Yahweh.'"

Old 05-31-2010, 09:35 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,383,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Is the prince of Tyrus Satan?

Is Satan a human?

Eze 28:2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Did Satan die?

Eze 28:10 The deaths of the uncircumcised you die, By the hand of strangers, for I have spoken, An affirmation of the Lord Yahweh.'"
See, I have explained that as well. I suppose, unless Satan came before Jesus 'manifested' in a human body to rule the nations. Perhaps that is what Mike is trying to tell us. That Satan is on the same footing as Jesus was some hundreds of years later.

And for the other posters questioning Mike's motives? Mike is not interested in learning,,only preaching from websites he has been indoctrinated from. That is why the discussions are short and lacking in any resemblance of love to those who question him or ask him to examine his own supposed beliefs. Sorry Mike, but it's the truth.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:37 AM

20,359 posts, read 15,743,543 times
It's the message that counts, not the messenger. The reality of Satan, and the fact that he is a fallen angel is made clear in the Scriptures. Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 are addressing Satan as the power, the influence behind the thrones of Babylon and Tyre.

The world is Satan's domain: Job1:7; 1 Peter5:8.

Satan is the ruler of this world system; John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11.

Satan is the prince of the power of the air. Eph. 2:2.

Satan is the father of unbelievers: John 8:44. ( Jesus was addressing Pharisees here, but by implication, it refers to all unbelievers.)

Satan influences rulers: 1 Chronicles 21:1-5.

In Revelation 12:7-9, the scene is of Satan and the angels who followed him in his rebellion, warring against Michael and his angels. The time frame is the middle of the Tribulation. Satan at this time is finally thown out of heaven for good, never again to be allowed access to heaven. He is at that time confined to the earth where he vents his rage because he knows his time is short.

The angel that has come to be called Lucifer but whose name may actually be Helel Ben Shachar, though it is possible that his real name has not been made known to us, is the same angel whose title is Satan, and who is the devil.

Here again are two of the infamous links which I usually present when I post. They are for information purposes. With all the unbiblical falsehoods that are presented on this forum, I try to give those who are interested in the truth the opportunity to hear the truth. Those who are interested in debate have many others with which to do so. Which is not to say that I haven't allowed myself to be caught up in it from time to time. Now those reading this can either believe or reject it. It's the readers choice.

Is Lucifer Satan? Does the fall of Lucifer describe Satan?

Story of Lucifer

Old 07-25-2011, 02:19 PM

26,467 posts, read 14,051,857 times
[quote=Mike555;14397507]The Bible reeals that Satan influences rulers.

1 Chronicles 21:1 Then Satan stood up against Israel and moved David to number Israel. [quote]

I am sure you know about this:

2Sa_24:1 And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

Here it say that God moved David to number them...

Old 07-25-2011, 03:26 PM

2,705 posts, read 2,516,026 times
Quote:
Satan and Lucifer are one and the Same.
Not quite.

Anakin Skywalker is to Lucifer what Satan is to Darth Vader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity