U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in a 3-in-1 God?
Yes 45 57.69%
No 33 42.31%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 04:19 AM

3 posts, read 2,311 times

Advertisements

I am Gnostic but first in fact Trinity does exist, but i tell you mostly of modern translation are wrong check KJV 1 john 5:7 , 1 john 5:7 clearly say Jesus is God, I disagree with Major Modern Translations but KJV is better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 07:36 AM

454 posts, read 424,802 times
The Father and Son are in continual and constant communion. The Holy Spirit is the personification of the relationsip between the Father and the Son.

The only difference between the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost is how humans relate to each one.

The Father is remote to humanity. The Son is the intercessor. The Holy Spirit turns us to the Son.

[mod]off topic]

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-30-2010 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: your joke wasn't funny but very off topic

Old 08-30-2010, 07:40 AM

454 posts, read 424,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniMichael14 View Post
I am Gnostic but first in fact Trinity does exist, but i tell you mostly of modern translation are wrong check KJV 1 john 5:7 , 1 john 5:7 clearly say Jesus is God, I disagree with Major Modern Translations but KJV is better
Yes. That verse is very important in revealing how the KJV is the truest translation. Untainted by The Vatican.

Most other translations omit the testimony from heaven.

Just for the record, I came to believe that Jesus of Nazareth was God Incarnate whilst studying the TNIV which also omits the heavenly testimony.

I now study from KJV.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:07 AM

823 posts, read 1,085,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
The Trinity as one separate being does not exist.

There is our dearest and loving Heavenly Father.

There is His highest spirit, the Holy Spirit, the instrument, or messenger, which brings to our souls His Divine Love.

There is Jesus the messiah, who was the first man transformed on earth into a divine man, and who is the highest spirit and Master of the Celestial Heavens.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:10 AM

3,820 posts, read 4,829,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
No..I have always believed that God is almighty, all love, never changing..

Christ is the Son out of God, not God but a part of God, and in perfect harmony with God.

I believe that the Holy Spirit is our guide, teacher, also out of God, not God..

The three are a perfect community, separate yet in perfect harmony with each other and the example of what the church(the bride) should be..No human headship, no human authority, no man made religions, creeds or rules..

jmho

--great understanding!

Old 08-30-2010, 10:18 AM

823 posts, read 1,085,450 times
Yes I also really LOVE what Miss Blue quoted. The ENTIRETY of her post~!

Old 08-30-2010, 11:05 AM

37,704 posts, read 25,399,118 times
This is really not a yes/no question in my understanding since person hood resides entirely in consciousness which is Spirit . . . not physical. God the Father is everything that is including His Cosmic Consciousness (Holy Spirit) that establishes our reality . . . just as we are both our body and our human consciousness (spirit). When Jesus was born 100% human He possessed a body and a human consciousness just like us. His baptism by John marked the acknowledgment by God that He possessed the Holy Spirit in His human consciousness. His death and rebirth as Spirit made His Holy Spirit a part of the human collective consciousness and available for us ALL in our consciousnesses.

Consciousness is substantive and substance . . . NOT ephemeral. For example the naming by Adam was a substantive event. Names are cognitive constructs that have "substance" in spirit as are ALL such cognitive creations. Therefore the names God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are separate . . . but since they ALL have the same consciousness . . . they are ONE . . . as we will be eventually.

This is poorly understood . . . as we tend to think of our cognitive output as ephemeral (just our thoughts, feelings and ideas). It is NOT! As pure consciousness energy . . . everything we have ever thought, felt, etc. is "substantive" and part of what makes up our cumulative spiritual "substance" or soul . . . It is eternal unless transformed in some way. The only way our thoughts, feelings, ideas, beliefs, etc. can be transformed is by our brain (a-la-repentance) . . . or by God's consuming fire (Cosmic Consciousness) after our death and rebirth as Spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity