Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in a 3-in-1 God?
Yes 45 56.96%
No 34 43.04%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 08:53 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times

Advertisements

I'm really surprised to see so many non-trinitarian Christians on this forum. I'd kind of like to see a count of how many there actually are. For the sake of this discussion, I'd like to explain what I mean by "Trinity." I am referring to the 3-in-1 God described in the Nicene Creed. For instance, I believe in a Godhead comprised of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, but I don't believe they are merely different manifestations of the same Being. For that reason, I am voting 'No.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 09:04 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Yes, I do. I don't understand why everyone doesn't believe this.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yes, I do. I don't understand why everyone doesn't believe this.
Maybe if you could try to put into words exactly what you do believe about the relationship between the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, we could talk further.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:27 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
No..I have always believed that God is almighty, all love, never changing..

Christ is the Son out of God, not God but a part of God, and in perfect harmony with God.

I believe that the Holy Spirit is our guide, teacher, also out of God, not God..

The three are a perfect community, separate yet in perfect harmony with each other and the example of what the church(the bride) should be..No human headship, no human authority, no man made religions, creeds or rules..

jmho

Old 05-30-2010, 09:28 AM

312 posts, read 867,620 times
I do not believe in a Trinity. I believe as the Bible teaches that there is Jehovah God, his Son Jesus Christ and Jehovah's Holy Spirit which is not a "who" but a "what"- Jehovah's active force.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:06 AM

16 posts, read 35,223 times
This is not easy to explain with our human understanding. Jesus the only begotten son of God, God the Father, and the Holy Spirit they are separate but they are all a part of God b/c they came from God and are a part of God so they are one in a supernatural way. That would be the Trinity I think.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:47 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Maybe if you could try to put into words exactly what you do believe about the relationship between the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, we could talk further.
It's real simple, separate but one. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. I think if you try and dwell on this too much it becomes confusing. Honestly, none of us can really understand and everything is assumption and surmising beyond believing that God is One, but has three parts.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:56 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
The Trinity as one separate being does not exist.

There is our dearest and loving Heavenly Father.

There is His highest spirit, the Holy Spirit, the instrument, or messenger, which brings to our souls His Divine Love.

There is Jesus the messiah, who was the first man transformed on earth into a divine man, and who is the highest spirit and Master of the Celestial Heavens.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
It's real simple, separate but one.
Yes, but "one" in what way? How are they "one" if they are separate.

Quote:
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. I think if you try and dwell on this too much it becomes confusing.
You do realize what you just said, don't you, Ilene? You basically just said it's simple, unless you stop to really think about it. Well, I think the people who don't believe it are the ones who have really stopped to think about it.

Quote:
Honestly, none of us can really understand and everything is assumption and surmising beyond believing that God is One, but has three parts.
But there is nowhere in the Bible where God is described as having "three parts." I think Miss Blue explained it pretty well, especially when she said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue
The three are a perfect community, separate yet in perfect harmony with each other and the example of what the church(the bride) should be.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:28 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
In Micah 5: 1-2.... Here is Lord Jesus in the Old Testament...``But thou Bethlehem near Ephratah, through thou be little among the thousands of Judah yet out of three shall he come forth unto me that to be ruler in Israel whose going forth have been from of old from everlasting.```.... In 1 John 5:7.... Apostle Johns revelation is ``For there are three that bear record in heaven , the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one```....Who is the Word? but Jesus Christ the logos Word of God............... in Matthew 28:18-20..... Jesus said `` All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth..... Go ye therefore and teach all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..... Teaching them all things whatsoever I have commanded you and lo I am with you always even unto the end of the world``......God is three persons with one purpose and rejecting this word is what Heaven calls as Theosophy which is not of the authority of Heaven and is a liberal art and in one of the seven liberal arts which The Lord God is not the author..... The liberal arts are Theosophy, Philosophy, grammer, arithmatic, retoric, music, Astronomy....... Theosophy is the devine revelation of sophia or liberal wisdom ,,, there used to be a warning in the Old Bible of these liberals arts but they took that warning out 150 years ago.....Take care for your discernment for those In Christ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity