Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in a 3-in-1 God?
Yes 45 56.96%
No 34 43.04%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:17 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times

Advertisements

I believe in the father, the son, and the holy spirit.

I think that much is obvious, however, i believe they are all the same person, or different manifestations of the same personality ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 07:21 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I believe in the father, the son, and the holy spirit.

I think that much is obvious, however, i believe they are all the same person, or different manifestations of the same personality ...
How is it even possible for them to be the same person? Throughout the New Testament, we can see example after example of Jesus praying to His Father and referring to His relationship to His Father.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:27 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
For me, the question isn't, "Is Jesus God?" It's "Is Jesus the same individual as God the Father?" If you believe He is (the same individual as God the Father), could you tell me where in the Bible it says that?
John 14:8-11 "Philip said to Jesus, "Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need." Jesus answered, "Philip, I have been with you for a long time. So you should know me. The person that has seen me has seen the Father too. So why do you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you truly believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The things I have told you don't come from me. The Father lives in me, and he is doing his own work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or believe because of the miracles I have done."

Old 06-07-2010, 07:40 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
John 14:8-11 "Philip said to Jesus, "Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need." Jesus answered, "Philip, I have been with you for a long time. So you should know me. The person that has seen me has seen the Father too. So why do you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you truly believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The things I have told you don't come from me. The Father lives in me, and he is doing his own work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or believe because of the miracles I have done."
Jesus was at one with The Father and he is the Master of all but he is not the Father. He came to the Earth to show us the Way, the Truth and the Life. I love Jesus with all of my heart but I would never put him above the Father, the Almighty One.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
How is it even possible for them to be the same person? Throughout the New Testament, we can see example after example of Jesus praying to His Father and referring to His relationship to His Father.
There are many paradoxes which exist in creation.

Here is one explanation ... flat land ...

YouTube - Dr Quantum - Flatland

God is a hyper dimensional being ... He is not constrained by time and space.

You might just as well ask how God can be all places at the same time.

Its simply a matter of perspective.

When the disciples asked when they would see the father, why did Christ ask them why they didn't recognize him even though he had been with them so long?

How can Christ be one with his father, and tell us that when we see him we see the father, and he not be the same person as the father?

How could Christ have existed with the father before the world(kosmos - universe and everything in it) was(Jhn 17:5)?

How could Christ have been Immaculately conceived?

Why does Jesus say that no one can come to him unless the father draw them, and then go on to say that if he be lifted up, he would draw all men unto himself?

Why did Isaiah say that Christ would be called father of the ages and mighty God?

The idea i believe is that Christ is God in the flesh. He is the alpha and the omega, he is the beginning and the end. He is the son of God, the king of kings, the lord of lords, he is everything, messiah, Jehovah, the prince of peace is he, the son of man, and the king of Abraham ... (you know the words )

Why is Christ called Imanu'el(God with us) if he i s not in fact God?

Why did Thomas Call Christs his lord and his God, and if he was wrong in doing so why didn't Christ rebuke him for it?

For every question you may ask of me there are just as many that i might ask of you ...

God bless ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 06-07-2010 at 08:15 PM..

Old 06-07-2010, 07:46 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post

Old 06-07-2010, 07:58 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,246 times
1 Timothy 2:5 (King James Version)

“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus”

Old 06-07-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
There are many paradoxes which exist in creation.

Here is one explanation ... flat land ...

YouTube - Dr Quantum - Flatland

God is a hyper dimensional being ... He is not constrained by time and space.

You might just as well ask how God can be all places at the same time.

Its simply a matter of perspective.

When the disciples asked when they would see the father, why did Christ ask them why they didn't recognize him even though he had been with them so long?

How can Christ be one with his father, and tell us that when we see him we see the father, and he not be the same person as the father?

How could Christ have existed with the father before the world(kosmos - universe and everything in it) was(Jhn 17:5)?

How could Christ have been Immaculately conceived?

Why does Jesus say that no one can come to him unless the father draw them, and then go on to say that if he be lifted up, he would draw all men unto himself?

Why did Isaiah say that Christ would be called father of the ages and mighty God?

The idea i believe is that Christ is God in the flesh. He is the alpha and the omega, he is the beginning and the end. He is the son of God, the king of kings, the lord of lords, he is everything, messiah, Jehovah, the prince of peace is he, the son of man, and the king of Abraham ... (you know the words )

Why is Christ called Imanu'el(God with us) if he i s not in fact God.

Why did Thomas Call Christs his lord and his God, and if he was wrong in doing so why didn't Christ rebuke him for it?

For every question you may ask of me there are just as many that i might ask of you ...

God bless ...
Amen!

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)

"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"- which means, "God with us." (Matthew 1:23)

Old 06-07-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Jesus was at one with The Father and he is the Master of all but he is not the Father. He came to the Earth to show us the Way, the Truth and the Life. I love Jesus with all of my heart but I would never put him above the Father, the Almighty One.
That's not what the scripture says. Read it again.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:25 PM

To be clear, i agree with Modalistic Monarchianism ...

This link might be interesting for those interested in understanding the development of the doctrine of the trinity throughout the early Church period ...

Jesus & The Trinity (1)

God bless ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 06-07-2010 at 08:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity